The biggest slap in the face of all

That was a good article. Cale was very fair in what he says.

The MFC is the one who should take note.

Cale killed his own career, but he does speak the truth.

the message is in there for you WYL.

This New footy dept is fixing these issues now, but you cannot do it without some pain... the players pain, & us as well.

• Like 2

Guest rednblue4life

I hope now everyone realizes what a grate job the club did under bailey in seting our training stardards so far back. These on field preformances are still a result of his tenure, hopefully we stick with Neeld cos he is pushing training standards and hopefully by next season it can translste to gameday. Our squad lacks 2 quality Mids if we snear them at seasons end were away.

• Like 1

During Cale's last preseason with us we were training at 70% of AFL level so not surprising he sees a big difference.

I still can't for the life of me see how we were training at 70% when we were winning 8 games. How could this have been possible.

Neeld reckoned it was going to take 2 years to get up to scratch, yet we seem to be far less able to gut run now than under bailey.

the message is in there for you WYL.

This New footy dept is fixing these issues now, but you cannot do it without some pain... the players pain, & us as well.

I know what is going down DL.

I commend Neeld for that, what i question is whether he can pull it off.

I think we need an EXPERIENCED Coach. The job is too big. Mark looks lost on gameday.

I would not mind if he stayed as an assistant.

Next week we may get an idea.

Think you're pretty right there.

I thought about the second part for a while but McDonald was a very loyal bloke where a tough call was made. Would be welcomed back with open arms, Miller essentially left to stay in the game, cant blame him for that ( actually enjoyed the first part of his career pre suspensions) . Whilst Bruce was also a loyal long playing servant IMO he was also well recompensed and doubt if history will treat him quite as well as the other two as a clubman and I was disappointed in the way he took off. ( I don't think we gave him away)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-demon-cale-morton-finds-training-standard-much-tougher-at-west-coast/story-fni5faul-1226651588440?from=herald+sun_rss

Much better article in terms of that he still thinks highly of the club and wants us to have success. Look we failed at pick 4 with this one but he is right in regarding leadres who set the standard.. Giving away blokes like Mcdonald, Miller and bruce who set the standard at training was a mistake and now we are in a position now because of those stupid decisions.

I hope now everyone realizes what a grate job the club did under bailey in seting our training stardards so far back. These on field preformances are still a result of his tenure, hopefully we stick with Neeld cos he is pushing training standards and hopefully by next season it can translste to gameday. Our squad lacks 2 quality Mids if we snear them at seasons end were away.

Morton was at the club in 2012, Neeld's first year.

Yet he still noticed a difference.

Telling me that 18 months isn't enough time to enhance training capacity?

Funny, hey?

Please don't tell me that training hard equates to 100-point loses. I might throw my remote at the screen (for the 10th time this year).

Edited by Cudi_420
  • Like 1

I have no issue with Cale and what he said at all. At least he didnt bag the club like certain past players. he admits he didnt put the work in. Interesting they interviewed him though when he cant get into the seniors. I think the media are just trying to get the chance to bring us down more.

he is right. We dont have a Darren Glass or a Dean Cox to lead us. And WC have the most money in there footy department and have good training facilities so and have played finals so of course there training would be harder.

I know what is going down DL.

I commend Neeld for that, what i question is whether he can pull it off.

I think we need an EXPERIENCED Coach. The job is too big. Mark looks lost on gameday.

I would not mind if he stayed as an assistant.

Next week we may get an idea.

... there is No other way around it WYL... this is why we haven't turned out one of our own decent topline players since Neitz & Schwarta & Jnr were kids. & Whelan...

there is only one way to rip out the softness that hides in the crevices of our club, like Golden Staph.... & the Golden Staph thinks he's just great. & so did those who developed the Golden Staph, back in the day.

..... otherwise shortcuts & fear, will allow it to remain with us for another 4 decades.... I say, its time we had someone who has put their balls on the line for Us,,, who is willing & able to stamp this stuff right out.

Edited by dee-luded

Fair point. My anger is probably directed more to his general existence than this article.

Actually, what makes me the most angry is that the media have to sink to interviewing a guy who can't get a game, in an effort to find new material to continue their onslaught against Melbourne.

May rephrase the beginning of the thread

What on earth did the guy ever do to you to warrant the attack you have launched at him? He always came across as a reasonable person who was just not the footballer we all hoped that he would be. [censored]? [censored]? How does he warrant that... is this a case of seeing our own faults in others?
  • Like 1

Guest rednblue4life

Morton was at the club in 2012, Neeld's first year.

Yet he still noticed a difference.

Telling me that 18 months isn't enough time to enhance training capacity?

Funny, hey?

Please don't tell me that training hard equates to 100-point loses. I might throw my remote at the screen (for the 10th time this year).

Rome wasnt built in a day it takes longer then 18 months to fix this mess at least now they seem to have identifyed the problems. No team has come from this far back to finals instantly the pies took 10yrs to win a flag under malthouse.

The top teams have a stong culture thats inbeded into there first year players from day one we can only hope the wheel will turn

• Like 1

Oh dear, it's taken all of 7 months for us to forget our feelings about Morton.

This is the biggest indicator of our on-field performance of all.

Love that the same people who stick up for Morton are the ones who relentlessly attack Jack Watts etc.

Watts > Morton.

Don't even try to say "at least he (Morton) tried hard" or something. Because we all know that's a load of crap. He was a total bludger

Love that the same people who stick up for Morton are the ones who relentlessly attack Jack Watts etc.

Watts > Morton.

Don't even try to say "at least he (Morton) tried hard" or something. Because we all know that's a load of crap. He was a total bludger

And a [censored] and a [censored] for not turning out the footballer we hoped? wowee think its past your bed time now..

• Like 1

Watts > Morton.

No one has forgotten anything I think you will find. Most thought he was a reasonable VFL player who was never going to make it at the AFL level - most wanted him gone and I can't think of any poster who was critical of the fact that he went.

I really don't know where you are getting this Jack Watts/Cale Morton thing from (unless you are confusing Morton with Naitanui). It would appear that you are the one who may have memory issues.

Rome wasnt built in a day it takes longer then 18 months to fix this mess at least now they seem to have identifyed the problems. No team has come from this far back to finals instantly the pies took 10yrs to win a flag under malthouse. that they did,,,, and the cats took their time under Bomba

The top teams have a stong culture thats inbeded into there first year players from day one we can only hope the wheel will turn

... there is No other way around it WYL... this is why we haven't turned out one of our own decent topline players since Neitz & Schwarta & Jnr were kids. & Whelan...

there is only one way to rip out the softness that hides in the crevices of our club, like Golden Staph.... & the Golden Staph thinks he's just great. & so did those who developed the Golden Staph, back in the day.

..... otherwise shortcuts & fear, will allow it to remain with us for another 4 decades.... I say, its time we had someone who has put their balls on the line for Us,,, who is willing & able to stamp this stuff right out.

i do not want Short cuts.

I want the right Coach to do it. There had to be improvement of sorts this year.

But sadly yesterday was a carbon copy of Round 1. 2012

We need more than that. It's a business out there.

Just to be clear an article about a former players opinion about the club is not 'the biggest slap in the face of all'. They are just words.

I'm tired of words from everybody associated with the club.

The biggest slap in the face is the lack of effort being showed week in week out by players that in theory only represent the same club as Ron Barassi, Robbie Flower and Jimmy Stynes did.

I'm just fed up with semantics and potential. If they don't try they don't deserve to be there. Enough is enough. Yesterday's effort was not worthy of the passion and support offered by so many of us.

End rant.

• Like 2

I wonder, in the interests of fairness and balance, will he report a counterbalancing interview with Chris Dawes: I would be interested in his views of MFC vs Pies training intensity.

Frankly I would put far more store in what a hard courageous worker like Dawes has to say than......<the opposite>.

Edited by monoccular

Those who long for the Bailey days should have a read of this article: how far did he set the club back, and how many years would it take to get that back?

Not saying that Neeld is THE answer but at least he has identified what a lazy unfit mob we had when he took the helm and has tried to do something about it. Tried being a word that Morton didn't know when it came to a contested game of footy.

Sure, much of what he says has an element of truth to it. But speaking poorly of your ex club (where you severely under performed) while not getting a game at your new club (ie. still severely under performing) to me is just plain dumb. In any other workplace, that kind of talk in his position would be unacceptable and he'd be dressed down by the bosses

String together 10-12 good games for WCE Cale before commenting upon where you think we are at.

Actually, now I think of it, the last ex MFC player to speak poorly of us after stringing together a number of good games was Brock McLean, and look where that got us........

• Like 1

Cale.

Cale Morton.

El Morto.

I see a lot of Cale in Sellars at the moment .

I have a different view of Cale now.

He is a genius at hanging in there on an AFL list .

Sellars got the "Cale" award from me this week.

I dont expect him back in the team soon.

I dont expect Cale to play for the Eagles this year either-unless their plane crashes.

I've no intention of torturing myself any further by opening the link on the thoughts of "Splinter" Morton . Just don't ever report that Jesse H.( with dad )were seen entering the gates of Raheen for morning tea with Sticks and Jeanie . Now that really would be the end .

If they don't hang onto Hogan, the club will be torched.

No one has forgotten anything I think you will find. Most thought he was a reasonable VFL player who was never going to make it at the AFL level - most wanted him gone and I can't think of any poster who was critical of the fact that he went.I really don't know where you are getting this Jack Watts/Cale Morton thing from (unless you are confusing Morton with Naitanui). It would appear that you are the one who may have memory issues.

The comparison between Morton and Watts was just an example. Both are high picks, and at this stage of their career, they haven't panned out. My point is that not many people seem to have a problem with slagging off Watts (who will turn out to be the far superior player), why should Morton be exempt from copping it?

Anyway, I'll quit with the personal attacks. Morton has just always been one demon (along with Brock McLean) that has caught my ire

Edited by Demonof1994