Todd Viney Issues

jackaub

Rhino

No defense for Wilson.

She lost me forever because of her biased, scurrilous leading of the charge on us during the tanking debacle.

Where was her attack on the other alleged tankers?

We are still suffering from that, both on and off the field.

I think her real agenda is to do everything she can to win a flag for Ninthmond.

We have ourselves to blame for the incredible mess we are in.

We were incompetent in the tanking process and heads have already rolled.

She reported on the evidence leaked to her.

And she has been equally harsh on Essendon recently on the drugs. And is been done to death we were done for tanking and others weren't. As usual we were worse than other clubs doing it.

You should get yourself a column then and blaze away.

I don't hate anyone enough to feel the need; yourself?

You seem to have an issue with most of the posters on here so perhaps a column might help you to relieve the stress.

• Like 6

This is a concern if true obviously, but some of the ins don't strike me as wholly unsuccessful. It's the recruiting prior to 2011 that still irks me.

2012 - off the top of my head:

Draft

Toumpas was very highly regarded - I recall hearing somewhere that both Vineys were excited about his arrival - and both know Wines, even though this must've be a difficult decision.

Hogan - absolute no brainer.

Barry - perhaps paid too much in pick 13, but seemed to be part of the Jack Viney deal.

Jack Viney - again, absolute no brainer, but at pick 27 - a great deal.

Dean Kent - early days, but looks to be a good pick up.

Matt Jones - consistently in our best. Already.

Dean Terlich - same as Matt Jones.

Rodan - questionable, left field selection - but he was pick 287 or something similar.

Trades

Dawes - we now have a very sound forward line, on paper at least. (And backline too IMO - we all know where the issues on the ground are.)

Pedersen - Gysberts - was always nervous about this one - not in recruiting Pedersen as such, but that we paid 'overs' to get him. We need ball magnets in the midfield - and, as everyone here knows, Gysberts showed a lot early on in his career in this regard.

Byrnes - Rivers - Gillies - Moloney - can see the rationale for recruiting Byrnes - already in the leadership group, but losing Rivers for Gillies was a disaster, and losing Moloney for essentially nothing at all was plainly stupid.

IMO the bad stuff is really down to losing Rivers and Moloney for no adequate compensation (yep, I get the free agent stuff), but that's what clever negotiation and managing contracts is all about - they weren't replaced "like for like" - we just lost out, seemingly because of factors that occurred at the end of 2011.

Gillies is the one that I really don't get.

Pity we missed out on Hannath too - but I'm not sure this is anyone's fault though.

iPad typo

On Hannath, any one of those picks given for Gillies and/or Pedersen would have got us Hannath, before the PSD where he was taken by Freo. So I think it is someone's fault if we wanted Hannath.

• Like 7

IMO these two are going to be filed in the file marked "Cook"

When was the last time Geelong or North gave away a good player?

We got chumped with these two.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

For all the ridiculous tripe splashed at Caro over the past 12 months she has actually been pretty spot on with the issues at MFC.

No one liked what she had to say but she was brave enough to put cards on the table and say where MFC problems were. And sadly she has come up trumps. And her criticism of Schwab, McLardy and others are entirely justified and spot IMO.

And if she did print untruths those impacted should have taken her to Court and bring the "truth forward".

I noticed no one has.

You demand evidence from a fellow member and forum poster who has taken his source from another baseless rumour from Wilson herself. :wacko:

Seriously, she knew nothing more than the majority of posters and people reading this forum already knew. The only thing that sets her apart is her vindictave nature and unfounded allegations of which she displays openly and against people like Schwab and Brayshaw.

• Like 5

I presume from this that you mean that Todd is actively "rocking the boat" from inside and behind the Coach's back.

I also presume that you have evidence of this because these are damning "facts" if true. This is also the type of rubbish that the written media feed off. So much so that a number of them could be charged with plagiarism. Without evidence of what you are saying I have to question why you would want to destabilize the Club any further. If you have evidence please precurse your comments as such.

I also have to query as to who of the "old culture" is actually at the club. None of the assistant coaches, development coaches etc except for Todd are from "the old boys". There is Robbo in Admin with Neita occasionally. I cant see that group having such a definitive effect on the Club. I doubt that Garry now would want to have any influence at the Club. What other "old boys" do you think are influencing the "culture" at the Club.

Todd was not interested in long term coaching at the Club in 2010 and is not interested now. He has his role which requires interaction with the Coach. I would be happy for him or Craig to come in as an interim coach if that should be required.

I prefer Craig of those two.....much better knowledge of the modern game as far as I am concerned....AND no past connection with the club, which to me and in view of more recent history would go further to getting the MFC back to some semblance of an AFL team.

Did Maloney come from Geelong..?. If so he could be a rare example....B& F winner... Just saying !!

On Hannath, any one of those picks given for Gillies and/or Pedersen would have got us Hannath, before the PSD where he was taken by Freo. So I think it is someone's fault if we wanted Hannath.

Yep - you're actually right there.

It was someone's fault. Hope not another cause for deep regret.

• Like 1

For all the ridiculous tripe splashed at Caro over the past 12 months she has actually been pretty spot on with the issues at MFC.

No one liked what she had to say but she was brave enough to put cards on the table and say where MFC problems were. And sadly she has come up trumps. And her criticism of Schwab, McLardy and others are entirely justified and spot IMO.

And if she did print untruths those impacted should have taken her to Court and bring the "truth forward".

I noticed no one has.

FMD that doesn't make her brave. This isn't Balibo. She's the Chief Football Writer, any juicy goss will go straight to her.

Titan Uranus was absolutely correct when he noted that this article in particular is a regurgitation of what was already known, with a dash of Schwab vitriol. If you're looking to reward her for the scoop on Schwab's abysmal tenure, I'm afraid she was beaten to the punch by Freo fans, who said the same thing in 2008.

And if you think the Schwab/Wilson thing isn't personal, here's Wilson gloating over him in 2010:

http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps/viewDocument.ac?page=1&sy=nstore&docID=SAG100808SF4797EM3QT

The last sentence in particular shows how far Wilson has swung.

• Like 1

Sorry 'old dee' but you did ask...

Ablett and Mumford.

Gibson and Hale.

I know there was the issue of money but they could have shelled it out if they really wanted to keep the player.

Should be a start.

• Like 1

That's not what CB said, though. He said that he's seen nothing from Toumpas to suggest he'll be better than Wines.

Whatever he's seen, that conclusion can't be drawn at this time. That has nothing to do with our previous drafting history and everything to do with MFCSS/myopia/stupidity.

I don't think it is fair on Toumpass to compare him with Wines, at this stage.

How would Wines have been playing in a crap "team" (using the word team very loosely; how would Toumpass have been playing in a well drilled, confident, enthusiastic tea,?

Nobody will ever be able to tell, but just thought it worthy of thought.

I don't hate anyone enough to feel the need; yourself?

You seem to have an issue with most of the posters on here so perhaps a column might help you to relieve the stress.

Can I use you to source those posters with agendas Robbie F?

FMD that doesn't make her brave. This isn't Balibo. She's the Chief Football Writer, any juicy goss will go straight to her.

Titan Uranus was absolutely correct when he noted that this article in particular is a regurgitation of what was already known, with a dash of Schwab vitriol. If you're looking to reward her for the scoop on Schwab's abysmal tenure, I'm afraid she was beaten to the punch by Freo fans, who said the same thing in 2008.

And if you think the Schwab/Wilson thing isn't personal, here's Wilson gloating over him in 2010:http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps/viewDocument.ac?page=1&sy=nstore&docID=SAG100808SF4797EM3QT

The last sentence in particular shows how far Wilson has swung.

This 2010 article was raised with her on 3aw. She advised that after writing that article that a number of sources within and outside MFC came to her with information that suggested that behind the gloss of reducing the debt there were indeed a number of areas where there were concerns with how Schwab was operating. And this certainly came to light in 2011. Given she was complimentary of Schwab we can only speculate as if and how much there is any animosity between the two of them.

And for the record the senior AFL officials highly regarded Schwab for the financial turnaround he performed at Freo. He has not delivered at MFC. And relying on Freo fans for in depth analysis is dubious to say the least.

Can I use you to source those posters with agendas Robbie F?

By all means, I'm here to help.

Let's start with yours; when you were a Moderator it was to abuse anyone that disagreed with you and when they replied you'd suspend them.

How's that for the first?

• Like 3

Indeed. You don't have to like her or what she says. She may have not put the spotlight on others re tanking (e.g., Richmond), but that doesn't make her wrong in her comments re MFC.

Whether or not she has vendettas against the club or individuals doesn't make her wrong in her assessments of same. At the moment my concerns are in relation to how we rectify the mess we're in, not in how to vilify the person who has described the mess.

And, to pre-empt the ostrich brigade - I am not Caro.

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif?bfc6c1

By all means, I'm here to help.

Let's start with yours; when you were a Moderator it was to abuse anyone that disagreed with you and when they replied you'd suspend them.

How's that for the first?

haha Gold. :)
  • Like 1

Absolutely correct. Pathetic waste from any perspective.

Indeed. You don't have to like her or what she says. She may have not put the spotlight on others re tanking (e.g., Richmond), but that doesn't make her wrong in her comments re MFC.

Whether or not she has vendettas against the club or individuals doesn't make her wrong in her assessments of same. At the moment my concerns are in relation to how we rectify the mess we're in, not in how to vilify the person who has described the mess.

And, to pre-empt the ostrich brigade - I am not Caro.

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif?bfc6c1

So you think we are a pathetic and disgusting club?

The Viney's have Jack, Jimmy T & Jessie H living under their roof. Todd's position at the club is close to being untouchable in my opinion

And Todd missus has to cook for them all. Going above and beyond considering she has to get someone to go shopping with her just to push Jessie's food trolley !

I'm just not sure how much we wanted - or more to the point, needed - Hannath. He's similar in age and experience to Gawn, Spencer and Fitzpatrick, and though he seems a handy player, there's only so many rucks (resting forward perhaps) you can play down at Casey.

If he'd been a mid ... maybe.

I'm not sure of the usefulness of constantly revisiting this year's drafting. It is what it is, let's see how it plays out over the next year or two (at least). We were never just going to take 14 kids to replace our departed players, and if we've taken a bit of a punt on a couple, or thought outside the box, so be it. There seems to be some pervading idea that there are heap of best-22 players floating round in the "delisted" or "can't consistently get a game" group of players, but in reality, they're mostly fringe and depth players at best.

Finally, just with the FA, it's obvious that all clubs, us included, were expecting much better compo than what we got for Rivers and Moloney. I suspect that with what's happened, FA will be a lot less appealing to all concerned come season's end.

You demand evidence from a fellow member and forum poster who has taken his source from another baseless rumour from Wilson herself. :wacko:

Seriously, she knew nothing more than the majority of posters and people reading this forum already knew. The only thing that sets her apart is her vindictave nature and unfounded allegations of which she displays openly and against people like Schwab and Brayshaw.

How would you know what the veracity and quality of her information is beyond the fact that you don't like what she writes and the easy way is to unknowingly brand it as rumour.

There is no doubt she and other journalist are fed information from within the AFL and the MFC which has been unpleasant to read but would seem to at the very least plausible given Jackson has brought forth.

And you have been completely wrong about the revelations on Schwab. She has been spot on and it's no wonder he is no longer at the Club. Within 2 weeks of being there, the difference between Jackson and Schwab could not have been further apart.