Todd Viney Issues

jackaub

The AFL have a bit of form in the 'divide and conquer' art of war routine ( refer Fitzroy and the VFA) and now they have their hands on our throat which IMO leaves us vulnerable, particularly when the AFL have a direct media line through CW who has the capacity to feed out more and more divisive stuff ( eg. the latest one the Todd Viney issue) underpinning any short or longer term agendas either she or the AFL may have or may wish to run. On this basis I wouldn't be taking CW to seriously. Just to contradict myself however, I wonder exactly what CW believes should happen to right our ship? Its easy enough to bring up or create never ending problems, its quite another to bring a few solutions to the table. So far I have never seen any of latter from her.

Caroline should be forced to prefix every article with the words "AFL pawn". If we have learnt anything from the tanking saga and its shoddy conclusion, it is that Caroline was on 'drip-feed' from AFL insiders. Accept that premise and you would not be surprised that she writes whatever serves an AFL hidden agenda. The AFL are taking control of our club under the umbrella of 'basket case'. Of course, those in the engine room of our once proud MFC seem to have meekly delivered us up for sacrifice. The danger now is that they can merge us, delete us, or send us elsewhere if it serves them well!

It seems to me that the main criticism levelled at Caro is that she uses phrases like "sources say", or "people close to the club have said". Then everyone whinges that we don't know if she's making it up, because we don't know the veracity of the source.

Unfortunately for the Caro haters, that doesn't make her a bad journalist. This is a very clear case of "don't hate the player, hate the game". You think the Watergate scandal would have played out the same way had Woodward and Bernstein named Deep Throat by his actual name? Clearly not, and the same applies with those at Melbourne (or any club) that supply Caro with information. If she names them, they get the sack and she loses her source, so clearly she's not going to name names.

Unfortunately, whether you like the way she delivers the information or not, reality has vindicated her position on the Dees. We're a total basketcase from top to bottom, and the leadership she was so critical of appear to be absolutely deserving of all the criticism they got. Perhaps she's actually done us a favour in helping to rattle the rotten apples from the tree, have you considered that?

The AFL are taking control of our club under the umbrella of 'basket case'. Of course, those in the engine room of our once proud MFC seem to have meekly delivered us up for sacrifice. The danger now is that they can merge us, delete us, or send us elsewhere if it serves them well!

Yes They are. If we had properly addressed problems that heated up in 2011 The MFC would still be in control of The MFC, but it didn't happen.

We got school Blazers instead.

Gee a word so easily thrown around now, are you now the moral keeper as well as a know all?

And calling a women ugly as a man serves any relevant purpose?

Lucky you were only throwing it around. And its comes "easily" as well.

So you're a natural at it. Well I trust your female friends and contacts appreciate your darker side. :wub:

It seems to me that the main criticism levelled at Caro is that she uses phrases like "sources say", or "people close to the club have said". Then everyone whinges that we don't know if she's making it up, because we don't know the veracity of the source.

Unfortunately for the Caro haters, that doesn't make her a bad journalist. This is a very clear case of "don't hate the player, hate the game". You think the Watergate scandal would have played out the same way had Woodward and Bernstein named Deep Throat by his actual name? Clearly not, and the same applies with those at Melbourne (or any club) that supply Caro with information. If she names them, they get the sack and she loses her source, so clearly she's not going to name names.

Unfortunately, whether you like the way she delivers the information or not, reality has vindicated her position on the Dees. We're a total basketcase from top to bottom, and the leadership she was so critical of appear to be absolutely deserving of all the criticism they got. Perhaps she's actually done us a favour in helping to rattle the rotten apples from the tree, have you considered that?

Cut it out autocol. Thats tooooo much reality for some.

Spare me, they were investigative journalists wilson is a muck raker with personal agendas.

There are ways to deliver information, and there are ways to not deliver journalism, unfortunately today the need for sensationalism outweighs ethical delivery.

How much damage do you think her words have caused our playing group over the last 12 months, these young kids work for an organisation, that among other things, she has called pathetic and disgusting. How hard would it be for those kids to have to continually put up with the rubbish she and others have heaped on the club.

• Like 2

Spare me, they were investigative journalists wilson is a muck raker with personal agendas.

There are ways to deliver information, and there are ways to not deliver journalism, unfortunately today the need for sensationalism outweighs ethical delivery.

How much damage do you think her words have caused our playing group over the last 12 months, these young kids work for an organisation, that among other things, she has called pathetic and disgusting. How hard would it be for those kids to have to continually put up with the rubbish she and others have heaped on the club.

I'd be pizzed off it werent true. But sadly......

Its about time the MFC took responsibiilty for the absolute dump we are. Its the long line of failed of administrations and equally poor CEOs that have got us. Its no use and not valid to play the helpless victim and blame a journalist.

But I am glad you have found another person with an "agenda" Robbie.

Edited by Rhino Richards

And calling a women ugly as a man serves any relevant purpose?

Lucky you were only throwing it around. And its comes "easily" as well.

So you're a natural at it. Well I trust your female friends and contacts appreciate your darker side. :wub:

they sure do, least they have a sense of humour not everyone is "politically correct and nor they should be" but I digress, after reading some of your replies to some posters one could say that you could be referred to as a bully, what do you think.

they sure do, least they have a sense of humour not everyone is "politically correct and nor they should be" but I digress, after reading some of your replies to some posters one could say that you could be referred to as a bully, what do you think.

*snigger snigger*. They must blush and say you are a witty one. But sexist slurs have got nothing to do with political correctness. Maybe you're out of step with that, Not to worry.

So right now I could call you a homophobe? You've lost the plot.

At least you have a dictionary to keep up you happy in there.

*snigger snigger*. They must blush and say you are a witty one. But sexist slurs have got nothing to do with political correctness. Maybe you're out of step with that, Not to worry. At least you have a dictionary to keep up you happy in there.

You could use one, it's spelt misogyny, not misoginy. Anyway I'll stop now because you are a joke. Can't believe you were a moderator.

I'd be pizzed off it werent true. But sadly......

Its about time the MFC took responsibiilty for the absolute dump we are. Its the long line of failed of administrations and equally poor CEOs that have got us. Its no use and not valid to play the helpless victim and blame a journalist.

But I am glad you have found another person with an "agenda" Robbie.

You keep repeating it Rhino in the vain hope that someone else on here will actually believe you. I'll give you a tip, no one on here does so you're wasting your time, but keep it up it's good for your therapy. Sorry, to borrow the Bruce phrase, but the three amigos will probably agree with you.

Your desire to bring down the ones at the club you don't like, which doesn't narrow the field much, means you fail to realise the damage this [censored] causes to ever aspect of the club.

But hey, hating never worried you before, so just keep it up.

BTW wilson doesn't have an agenda she's just a second rate muck journalist who seems to cater for those that would probably watch the Biggest Loser or some of the other crap reality shows that mask for entertainment now days.

Edited by RobbieF

*snigger snigger*. They must blush and say you are a witty one. But sexist slurs have got nothing to do with political correctness. Maybe you're out of step with that, Not to worry.

At least you have a dictionary to keep up you happy in there.

You must really be the life of the party, try making friends with some people to find out how good life can be you might find it interesting!!

You must really be the life of the party, try making friends with some people to find out how good life can be you might find it interesting!!

Does that include women too? Or do they have to be a certain type you swinging cat? And certainly not those that are "ugly like men" hey Tarzan!!

Yes They are. If we had properly addressed problems that heated up in 2011 The MFC would still be in control of The MFC, but it didn't happen.

We got school Blazers instead.

Classic post WYL. Wasn't sure whether to laugh or feel robbed.

As Frankie is often want to say...... Honor before honors. As you've stated, the current president, board (in support of CS) swept 186 under the carpet and look at the outcome. And now they've gone to ground completely. Must be busy reinforcing their personal bunkers.

One thing i do know is this club has little chance of surviving in its current form while this "Failed" board (and any member thereof) remains in place.

If only we had a true Demon white knight ticket out there right now and someone with a strong football background to head it up as President. They could call for an extraordinary GM and spill. The writing's on the wall if massive changes don't occur at the top before season's end IMO. In many ways i hope PJ is truly going to stick a rocket through the halls, but at the same time i'm wary of what the AFL has in store. The Board has brought this upon us though so it's really no surprise given what's gone down at the club since 186.

BTW wilson doesn't have an agenda....

Now Robbie, which is it?

You are full of vitriol but little on substance. And you cant deal with another view without performing to the LCD.

And BTW, you have mentioned that word twice now!!

Does that include women too? Or do they have to be a certain type you swinging cat? And certainly not those that are "ugly like men" hey Tarzan!!

attempted sarcasm keep working on it mate you might get it one day and how did you know I have the body of Tarzan, did you take a peak from the closet.......

No, not Caro, but R U Fan, sorry Bagdadis Bob??? will the real Tim, Fan, Bagdad Bob, stand up?

Thanks for the compliment, but sadly I am merely humble Tim.

It's as transparent as that...

How would you know what the veracity and quality of her information is beyond the fact that you don't like what she writes and the easy way is to unknowingly brand it as rumour.

There is no doubt she and other journalist are fed information from within the AFL and the MFC which has been unpleasant to read but would seem to at the very least plausible given Jackson has brought forth.

And you have been completely wrong about the revelations on Schwab. She has been spot on and it's no wonder he is no longer at the Club. Within 2 weeks of being there, the difference between Jackson and Schwab could not have been further apart.

I seem to recall something about a 'vault' being an absolute pearler.

Did her research on that little beauty, didn't she?

Now Robbie, which is it?

You are full of vitriol but little on substance. And you cant deal with another view without performing to the LCD.

And BTW, you have mentioned that word twice now!!

Oh! I can deal with another view all right, just not yours, I don't have many issues with the majority of posters on here because most of then actually support the club, even Fanbob wants what's best for the club; but you seem to take delight in seeing the club struggle. I don't recall ever reading one of your posts where you were supportive of the club or anything it was doing or was about to do.

You remind me of TGR over at Ology who only posts to get under the skin of the genuine MFC supporters and in all probability doesn't even support the club. It's the old fashioned "smart ass poster syndrome' where the poster wants to be the nastiest and most controversial and will go to any lengths to show how clever he is; nasty but clever.

It's all a bit passé and no one really cares if you are nasty, no one hangs out to see what you've got to say in your next post because we all know it will be viscous and full of sarcasm, all old hat now Rhino all yesterday, and no one wants to be yesterday's man do they?

• Like 3