Jack Trengove

Has anyone here actually had a bone fracture in their foot? Because they are pains of things to get over, he is still obviously suffering from it. Just can't wait until he gets over it COMPLETELY and starts hitting his straps, then we will see these forums talking him up like they should be instead of continually kicking a man when he is down.

We are after a club culture, as fans we are a part of that. I doubt having cheap, pot shots at one of the co-captains is showing loyalty to a rebuild. Where, obviously, he has had so much to deal with. The least we owe him is our support. If i recall correctly, he re-commited to the club when we were looking all doom and gloom, when Scully was taking the money and running, this man was stepping up and showing there are players who are wanting to be apart of this club and help lead them up the ladder. Now an injury which has gotten him down on form and confidence, has sent this forum into overdrive. Honestly, some of the people on here are borderline ridiculous.

• Like 10

I thought he didn't look right at the Carlton match, not surprised he was withdrawn. I doubt it is his calf, but fair enough the club doesn't want to give away the true nature of his injury, because that will only make it a target on his return. Get well Jack.

Fair dinkum I reckon we should take over a ward in Casey Hospital and put all our injured boys in it together!

I thought he didn't look right at the Carlton match, not surprised he was withdrawn. I doubt it is his calf, but fair enough the club doesn't want to give away the true nature of his injury, because that will only make it a target on his return. Get well Jack.

It is so refreshing for a poster to suggest a reasonable reason why the club might announce something 'odd' rather than immediately slam the club for being a bunch of ignorant dolts who know nothing about football.

• Like 1

Has anyone here actually had a bone fracture in their foot? Because they are pains of things to get over, he is still obviously suffering from it. Just can't wait until he gets over it COMPLETELY and starts hitting his straps, then we will see these forums talking him up like they should be instead of continually kicking a man when he is down.

We are after a club culture, as fans we are a part of that. I doubt having cheap, pot shots at one of the co-captains is showing loyalty to a rebuild. Where, obviously, he has had so much to deal with. The least we owe him is our support. If i recall correctly, he re-commited to the club when we were looking all doom and gloom, when Scully was taking the money and running, this man was stepping up and showing there are players who are wanting to be apart of this club and help lead them up the ladder. Now an injury which has gotten him down on form and confidence, has sent this forum into overdrive. Honestly, some of the people on here are borderline ridiculous.

Good post.

• Like 3

You are correct. I had a foot fracture nearly two years ago. I have had intense physio, am fit, healthy, active but still have moderate discomfort - my foot will never be right.

I also agree we owe him our support. I remember when he re-committed to the Dees and thinking " Thank God - all was not lost". Get

well Jack. I can't wait to seeing you back on the team.

• Like 2

I simply cant fathom how some posters on this and other sites want to put his rank form down to an interrupted pre-season/recovering from a foot injury/lack of confidence etc....

None of those reasons explains his inability to run at a speed my deceased grandmother could beat. (Clark had a broken bone in his foot and he doesnt move like a Icelandic glacier) I love the kid, and was SO happy when he re-signed when we were at (to that point of time but since surpassed) an all time low. Honestly thought the kid was a champ..................................but

To see him embarrassing himself and the team by plodding pathetically after Brock last year, and then managing to somehow get even slower this year defies belief.

Injured calf? Pfft, whatever......, im just happy he isnt in the team. And that make me sad.

I really wanted Trenners to be a champ.

• Like 1

I simply cant fathom how some posters on this and other sites want to put his rank form down to an interrupted pre-season/recovering from a foot injury/lack of confidence etc....

None of those reasons explains his inability to run at a speed my deceased grandmother could beat. (Clark had a broken bone in his foot and he doesnt move like a Icelandic glacier) I love the kid, and was SO happy when he re-signed when we were at (to that point of time but since surpassed) an all time low. Honestly thought the kid was a champ..................................but

To see him embarrassing himself and the team by plodding pathetically after Brock last year, and then managing to somehow get even slower this year defies belief.

Injured calf? Pfft, whatever......, im just happy he isnt in the team. And that make me sad.

If you're so keen to tell us what's NOT wrong with him, then why don't you tell us what IS wrong with him?

No disrespect mate, but i think a stress fracture is a pretty decent excuse to be down on pace and form, i also think OP is probably involved on some level with regards to his lack of power in his legs, wouldn't mind seeing Jack Trengove catch up with Luke ball during his recovery and get some advice on how to manage it.

If you're so keen to tell us what's NOT wrong with him, then why don't you tell us what IS wrong with him?

Look at the post right below yours champ... Everyone is happy to guess that he has/had O.P. as that gives everyone a reason to excuse his spudliness. The club has never claimed this to be the case AFAIK, so how bout you ask them for the truth instead of looking for the easy way out.

As i said in a fashion, i dont give a rats rrrrr's what excuse they use to drop him, im just glad he is gone. Needs to rediscover something that passes as legspeed or he can stay playing in the 2's.

No disrespect mate, but i think a stress fracture is a pretty decent excuse to be down on pace and form, i also think OP is probably involved on some level with regards to his lack of power in his legs, wouldn't mind seeing Jack Trengove catch up with Luke ball during his recovery and get some advice on how to manage it.

I want the kid to be a world beater. The same applies to everyone who wears our jumper. Hoping for something wont make it true though.

Who denies his pace is a joke? Worthless excuses wont make him faster. (thats not aimed at you by the way)

I want the kid to be a world beater. The same applies to everyone who wears our jumper. Hoping for something wont make it true though.

Who denies his pace is a joke? Worthless excuses wont make him faster. (thats not aimed at you by the way)

It's a concern for everyone i think, but i'm sure Dave mission and co would have a fair idea what's causing it and how to treat it

It's a concern for everyone i think, but i'm sure Dave mission and co would have a fair idea what's causing it and how to treat it

Nothing the football world has seen so far supports your position. If he isnt right, he shouldnt have been playing. Obviously he was considered good to go or he wouldnt have been playing. Either way, the fact he HAS been playing is an indictment on our club.

Slower last year than his first two years then slower again this year.

...and that's the story isn't it. So how does that happen to a 21yo? obviously you don't think it's because of injury or any other reasons given on the forum so, "why is it so"?

Nothing the football world has seen so far supports your position. If he isnt right, he shouldnt have been playing. Obviously he was considered good to go or he wouldnt have been playing. Either way, the fact he HAS been playing is an indictment on our club.

They're saying it's the stress fracture and lack of match fitness, both could cause him to lose pace and form, the fracture could cause some discomfort for a long period, match fitness he needs to play to regain, i understand where you're coming from but we can only guess by what we can see, he lacks pace and power, to me that suggests OP but other than that i have no idea what the go is.

They're saying it's the stress fracture and lack of match fitness, both could cause him to lose pace and form, the fracture could cause some discomfort for a long period, match fitness he needs to play to regain, i understand where you're coming from but we can only guess by what we can see, he lacks pace and power, to me that suggests OP but other than that i have no idea what the go is.

Anyone who suggests match fitness as a reason for his lack of speed needs to be horsewhipped. Trenners is slow from the first bounce till the final siren and has been for over a season. Thats not match fitness to blame but something else. As i have said before, Blease has very poor aerobic capacity and still rings rings around Captain Plod. If it IS something else, i want to know what idiot made the decision to play him injured and destroy any semblance of confidence he had......

• Like 1

Anyone who suggests match fitness as a reason for his lack of speed needs to be horsewhipped. Trenners is slow from the first bounce till the final siren and has been for over a season. Thats not match fitness to blame but something else. As i have said before, Blease has very poor aerobic capacity and still rings rings around Captain Plod. If it IS something else, i want to know what [censored] made the decision to play him injured and destroy any semblance of confidence he had......

I think we have a different definition of Match Fitness, i hope for his sake if there is something more serious going on such as OP they do the right thing and put him on Ice, he is a long term prospect, i'm sure us supporters can deal with him not being out there if we know he will be as close as possible to 100% for the first day of pre season, or even later in the year

Hell be back and explosive.. just as we know Jack to be.

There is a reason why he's had such high expectations and so far in his career he has been quite exceptional.

Future star of the AFL. i said it from day 1

• Like 3

Hell be back and explosive.. just as we know Jack to be.

There is a reason why he's had such high expectations and so far in his career he has been quite exceptional.

Future star of the AFL. i said it from day 1

Sylvia had his first full pre season and he's playing really good Football, i am really hoping Trengove will get one this year and have the breakout year we're all hoping for

I can't speak for others, but I have no problem with Trengove it's the clubs management of him I have the issue with. If he is still recovering as you say then he should not be playing - simple. No point throwing him to the wolves and risking further aggravating the injury and allowing him to flounder in full public view while trying to lead the worst side in the last decade out of the mire. Take him out and get a plan in place to get him right for next year and if he plays some games this year it's a bonus.

• Like 3

If Trenners has a problem with fitness, and if they want to give him a mini pre season, then just say so, if he still has a problem with his foot, then just say so.

Robbie while I totally get the frustration that we are in this situation I think the club has done their best to protect Trenners. If he does, as we all suspect, need the time, either physically or mentally, concocting an injury is an easier thing to explain. Otherwise every halfwit 'journalist' is going to come out and scream about his lack of leadership and self sacrifice in not doing everything he can to get out on the park. In reality I suspect it's his desire to put the team first that's made his situation much worse.

Better to have the injury than weeks of negative press on a guy that's already under too much pressure for a 21 year old.

• Like 1