The midfield we let slip

ashdemons22

Followers Jamar S Thompson B Mclean

Center N Jones B Moloney Sylvia

That in 2013 will win you games

If only.

Scott Thompson wanted to go home to Adelaide cos hes a [censored] mummas boy

not much we could do about that

Moloney wouldn't of been here if Thompson was though, they were involved in the one trade.

Scott Thompson we could do nothing about, but he wasn't handled well, which didn't help.

He should've been playing in our senior side more than he had been.

He wasn't handled well, Jolly wasn't handled well either - by his own admission as well.

But, we could Moloney, McLean, Jones as our on ball brigade at the moment, which is a hell of a midfield as all 3 are underrated goers.

Neeld stuffed Moloney, completely stuffed him, I am not a big Moloney fan, but he should be still playing for us.

You don't just get rid of players like Moloney... But Moloney has been the final nail in Neelds coffin as the media now have no pity for him.

Neeld bought this upon himself.

• Like 2

^^^^^^^^

When Thompson wasn't injured, he was in the side. Don't rewrite history.

I think Neeld bores the media as much as he does the players (a 4 minute post match?).

He's lost everybody bar the apologists.

PJ will get rid of him pretty quickly.

That midfield are all pretty much the same sort of player. All one paced. Thompson shafted us, but imagine if we had been able to keep him. I wonder whether his leadership in the midfield would have nurtured the earlier picks we've had in recent years? He was a good player even at Melbourne. He is really the only one I wish we hadn't lost. I'd still take the $%#* back for a season or two, via free agency though. Gun.

^^^^^^^^

When Thompson wasn't injured, he was in the side. Don't rewrite history.

I think Neeld bores the media as much as he does the players (a 4 minute post match?).

He's lost everybody bar the apologists.

PJ will get rid of him pretty quickly.

Thompson averaged 10 games and 10 disposals per game over his four years with Melbourne. He went on to more than double his average game played and triple his disposals when at Adelaide.

The injury they are referring to was in his fourth year in 2004 when he managed to play 11 out of 12 games and his average disposals was 15 - but then broke his foot in round 13 which caused him to miss the rest of the season.

At the end of the day:

Edited by PJ_12345

Followers Jamar S Thompson B Mclean

Center N Jones B Moloney Sylvia

That in 2013 will win you games

If only.

That would win us maybe 2 extra games. not enough pace

Throw in Scully.

You think we let Scully slip???

I suggest you look back and see why he still gets booed by Melbourne supporters.

It's not that he left for the money that people dislike its what transpired 'before' he told Jimmy and the

rest of the world that he intends being a one club player.

In hindsight if we did let him 'slip' then I would call it a stroke of genius when you look at what we got in return!

Stupid thread....

Why are you doing this to yourselves?! The past is past - what's the point in constantly beating ourselves up by speculating what might have been? It's a negative habit which achieves nothing. Surely better to redirect these energies into constructive solutions for a better future?

Thompson averaged 10 games and 10 disposals per game over his four years with Melbourne. He went on to more than double his average game played and triple his disposals when at Adelaide.

The injury they are referring to was in his fourth year in 2004 when he managed to play 11 out of 12 games and his average disposals was 15 - but then broke his foot in round 13 which caused him to miss the rest of the season.

At the end of the day:

but Daniher used to only give him about 40-50 min game time. It used to drive him mad.(personal conversation).

The biggest f%^k up was letting the older wiser mids go, think back to 2010 and the mix of Trengove, Scully with the older heads through the middle. It is for this reason other teams hand teh baton of ledership so smoothly and if they have off years it is only 2/3 max and they don't tend to have so many years of 4 wins.

I maintain another year or two with Junior would have been a benefit to the younger mids, everything wrong with the club whether you blame the new coach the lack of development etc a lot points back to the decision to "list manage" and take top picks at all costs. The domino affect saw us lose Mclean, Ball not wanting to come other Vics returning not wishing to nominate us as a club to be traded to.

We will get out of the whole we are in but that decision made back in 2009 has put extra years on digging ourselves out and there is more pain ahead.

Fook me I just don't know when the pain will ease or end, thank christ for alcohol and junior footy