Mcdonald and Mckenzie - just no good.

Demon_Chef

the title says it all,

neither offer anything useful to the team.

everyone keeps arkin on about "geez we miss jordie in the team, we need him".. what for?

is he tagging Pederson or Rodan?

we got beaten by a team with 6 eenagers and beaten EMPHATICALLY..

very few positives.

Tom McDonald? Are you serious?

If you are looking at people to blame for us playing badly I would be looking straight at Rodan and Pedersen myself. Both not AFL standard. Basically playing with 2 players down.

• Like 5

McDonald regularly drops marks as well. He has struggled since his return with quite a long blooper reel. Might be a confidence thing but at the moment he is not giving us a lot of run (his strength) but he is creating opposition goals with the fumbles, with continually being a few steps behind his (marking opponent) and his ify handball.

McDonald and McKenzie both played well for us in their other games this year, but they were absolutely atrocious today. So many of our players put in season-worst performances, and that is just unacceptable.

McDonald has just had a bad start to the season, perhaps a stint in the VFL will serve him well.

I agree on you with McKenzie though, he's never been much chop, we've just been ordinary and we'll continue to be ordinary with blokes like him our side.

Yes he tries hard, but he's not up to AFL standard and never had been.

• Like 1

McDonald is in awful form. Pitiful. He should be dropped. I lost count of the times his mistakes lead to a shot at goal by the opposition.

He seems to be getting a fair run by Neeld due to his strong pre-season, current form be damned. I really hate our coaching staff.

McKenzie is a tagger? really? are u sure?

Cos.i know Raines was their tagger today and gave Nate Jknes F*** all room to move..

jordie (who should change his name to yhe adult version Jordan) was constantly nowhere near anyone or the ball..

and McDonald has been rubbish all year..

but hey.. hes great iver a 3km time trial.

People have slightly high expectations of Tom McDonald after a really good season last year. He's got potential, but he's still a kid and he's not going to be able to play like that consistently for a while.

That being said, he was pretty bad in the half I saw today, but I don't think you can single him and Jordie out as the only people with poor skills. We were missing more targets than we his today. Disgraceful display of skills, in particular from the midfield.

McDonald is out of form and not used to playing full back. Teams are isolating him deep. Whilst at CHB he's still very good. He probably should be dropped but dont give up on him.

McKenzie seems unfit. I think his injury is having a toll on him. That said he dulled Zorko in the first half and stopped Moloney completely killing us in the second.

These guys aren't good but they aren't the problem!

Like to see Tmac working with Davis down back. Have liked the combination from the word go. Sure Tom was off today, but he'll bounce back. Showed he had the goods last year.

McDonald is in awful form. Pitiful. He should be dropped. I lost count of the times his mistakes lead to a shot at goal by the opposition.

He seems to be getting a fair run by Neeld due to his strong pre-season, current form be damned. I really hate our coaching staff.

Tommy Mac was great last year, as was Trengove early in his career.

But ive always said Mckenzie would never make it, as the games too quick now its gone past he and Trengove.

Hopefully Tommy can get back to his best, just struggling for confidence.

Poxy, chicken [censored] thread.

No defender could have done well given the way Brisbane were allowed to carve directly through the midfield. That it happened so often is... well, actually, it is the defining feature of our weakness.

Keep picking out players who look like they had an individual stinker when they've been exposed by a lack of team coherence, real helpful.

And to those still potting at Trengove... ten tackles... if everyone on the team worked as hard defensively as he does, we'd be cruising along happily. His efforts are the definitive response to our weakness.

• Like 1

Mcdonald can not win a one on one as a KEY DEFENDER!

and he burns his kicks EVERY TIME!

so yes.. hes a liability at the moment.

Mathew Warnock was better than Mc Donald. We are soo bad

On McKenzie, who do people suggest we put in as a tagged instead? We don't have a damaging midfielder we can put on someone to make him accountable. Don't forget everyone was lauding some of the efforts he did on players last year. Sounds to me like he's struggling for fitness.

As for TMac, he has always butchered the ball but last year he was good at spoiling players on the lead and intercepting spoils. He was an ok mark last year but not 100% confident. He's still very young and raw so I wouldn't be chucking him on the trash pile just yet, put perhaps a stint at Casey would help his confidence.