• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Keyboard Warriors

demon3165

No, I didn't.

Did you?

No because I haven't bitched and moan about it and carried on like a headless chook and wanting to sack everyone, will still go and support them. I wanted to see how many of these people put their real name to the club not hide behind another identity in a forum......

• Like 3

Oh. I though you were trying to belittle anyone that didn't provide paid professionals with solutions to their problems. Carry on.

ps. I think a number of supporters did contact the club with concerns, prior to the match. They were publicly labelled fair weather supporters.

• Like 4

No because I haven't bitched and moan about it and carried on like a headless chook and wanting to sack everyone, will still go and support them. I wanted to see how many of these people put their real name to the club not hide behind another identity in a forum......

I have in the past. Specifically, I sent them an e-mail after last year's Sydney monstrosity. It's similar to how I feel now though now I am starting to have my doubts about the admin. and the coaching staff. Here is a copy:

To whom it may concern,

I am usually not the letter writing type. To be honest, as a supporter and a member, all I can do for the club is pay for my membership each year and turn up to as many home games as I can. I view ranting e-mails and message board posts as an exercise in futility as they will change nothing. However, after watching last night's game I reached a breaking point and while what I write here will not change anything, it will help me get a load off my chest. It may be self indulgent but it is something I feel I must do for myself at least.

The effort I saw out there last night was nothing short of disgraceful. I am versed in the ways of football in as far as I am a fan and watcher of the game so compared to those in the industry, I know naught. I know enough about team sports to know that when the opposition is suprised that they are scoring so easily (like Ryan O'Keefe kicking that soccer goal in the last quarter), the effort from one's team clearly isn't good enough.

I like to think that it is easy to jump off when things are going badly. It shows more moral character to stick fat through the tough times. However, I wonder if I should really care about a team that quite frankly doesn't seem to give a damn about anything. Loyalty is a two way street. It is to be earned on both sides of the fence and quite frankly, I don't think the current group doesn't deserve the loyal fans who go to a roughly 40% full MCG on a Saturday night in the cold or to interstate games at personal expense to be outnumbered by opposition supporters to only watch our team get badly beaten.

However, I am refusing to go to another game until some consideration is given to the fans who could be doing something else on the weekends. Many of these people ponied up money out of their own pocket to save the club and are still buying memberships despite the onfield results. They saw people like Jimmy Stynes, who despite suffering physically, gave so much to the club and realized that there were people of character who loved the club and would give all to it. I do see the irony of me bailing out after what I just wrote. I almost feel vulgar also mentioning someone who has passed on that I have never met. I counterweight this thought by reminding myself that a number of people at the club can look at the work that was put into it and just not care. I wonder if I should dedicate myself to this current bunch and the answer is no.

I am not going to blame the players, the admin or the coaching staff. I am not an insider and won't make assumptions based on things I do not definitively know. I know there has been no effort given out on the ground and until some is given, I won't be back. I want us to win and I hate us losing. I can be more sympathetic to losses that contain effort and will stick by people who give their all and I know there are some who do in this team. The majority however are not and until the day when even a 55/45 majority do care, I won't be back.

End of letter.

I don't think I have the answer to all ills. Though I am now going to start voting with my feet and have held back on the second letter. Last year, I came around somewhat and went to the remaining home games. Next week, I will be taking my girlfriend (who has never seen a game of football) to see Richmond vs. St. Kilda. I refuse to let her give money to a club that gives zero back as far as entertainment value or commitment to it's supporters goes. I also want to go to a game where I can walk out knowing that all 44 players who step out on the ground will fight tooth and nail for a victory (I should have taken her to Geelong vs. Hawthorn). I will still keep an eye on Melbourne but right now, after 23 years, emotional investment is just too painful. If the club decides to get serious, I will be back. Until then, I won't.

Edited by Guest

Colin B well done at least you did that, but I still bet they will get very few emails or calls from members of Demonland or Olgy, oh and by the way I did not like what was dished up but I will see how they go throughout the year, we all have different views but I just hate (no that's to strong a word) people who scream and moan from the rafters but won't do anything about it and all they can say oh the club just butter's it over, that's just the easy way out.

People calling the club are pathetic, bagging the receptionist all day today. It's fkn bollocks. Grow a pair.

That receptionist deserves the biggest pay raise of all time.

• Like 2

I have mailed twice last year and after the St Kilda NAB game.

I could see the looming problem.

Every letter I have ever sent a letter to the club bar one has been answered over the last five years.

Did they change anything, probably not but at least I put my view point

I hope the receptionist managed to pass on the messages to those who have their balls jammed into their ears.

She passes on all the messages, gives email addresses, and cops abuse all day from the lowest common denominator..

I have mailed twice last year and after the St Kilda NAB game.

I could see the looming problem.

Every letter I have ever sent a letter to the club bar one has been answered over the last five years.

Did they change anything, probably not but at least I put my view point

Now I respect that.

So just out of interest how many of our disgruntled supporters emailed the club or called the club about the performance on the weekend, did you also informed them on how to fix it?

P.S Tell the truth!!

Do stakeholders in any company anywhere in the world have any idea how to fix a company's issues? No. We pay a membership because ultimately the club doesn't pay us a salary to win premierships.

Apologetic thread is apologetic.

• Like 3

FWIW, I did, but under the realisation that nobody would read it or take it seriously, and simply for my own piece of mind.

Screaming into the abyss, as it were.

I definitely don't envy the frontline staff who had to deal with all that vitriol today.

I actually did call them and they put me straight though to Mark Neeld. We had a 30 minute chat about accountability and competitiveness, but we also went over some ideas I had for a rolling press and stoppage structures. He told me he was going to implement some of my ideas. He them put me though to Schwabby and we went over some financial stuff before I gave him a compliment sandwich (good on finances, concerned about his effect on culture and on the football department, good laying low when the shite hits the fan). He took it all well.

And now you understand why I vent on D'Land, because the paid professionals pay other professionals to keep my opinion away from them so they can do their job.

But thanks for trying to make my anger feel pointless. It's certainly a unique approach to people's disappointment. You could be a life coach.

• Like 10

Im sure it is just easier for the head haunchos to just spend an hour every night, like us, reading thru Demonland. They will quickly get the drift.

Edited by tonatopia
  • Like 1

I have in the past. Specifically, I sent them an e-mail after last year's Sydney monstrosity. It's similar to how I feel now though now I am starting to have my doubts about the admin. and the coaching staff. Here is a copy:

To whom it may concern,

I am usually not the letter writing type. To be honest, as a supporter and a member, all I can do for the club is pay for my membership each year and turn up to as many home games as I can. I view ranting e-mails and message board posts as an exercise in futility as they will change nothing. However, after watching last night's game I reached a breaking point and while what I write here will not change anything, it will help me get a load off my chest. It may be self indulgent but it is something I feel I must do for myself at least.

The effort I saw out there last night was nothing short of disgraceful. I am versed in the ways of football in as far as I am a fan and watcher of the game so compared to those in the industry, I know naught. I know enough about team sports to know that when the opposition is suprised that they are scoring so easily (like Ryan O'Keefe kicking that soccer goal in the last quarter), the effort from one's team clearly isn't good enough.

I like to think that it is easy to jump off when things are going badly. It shows more moral character to stick fat through the tough times. However, I wonder if I should really care about a team that quite frankly doesn't seem to give a damn about anything. Loyalty is a two way street. It is to be earned on both sides of the fence and quite frankly, I don't think the current group doesn't deserve the loyal fans who go to a roughly 40% full MCG on a Saturday night in the cold or to interstate games at personal expense to be outnumbered by opposition supporters to only watch our team get badly beaten.

However, I am refusing to go to another game until some consideration is given to the fans who could be doing something else on the weekends. Many of these people ponied up money out of their own pocket to save the club and are still buying memberships despite the onfield results. They saw people like Jimmy Stynes, who despite suffering physically, gave so much to the club and realized that there were people of character who loved the club and would give all to it. I do see the irony of me bailing out after what I just wrote. I almost feel vulgar also mentioning someone who has passed on that I have never met. I counterweight this thought by reminding myself that a number of people at the club can look at the work that was put into it and just not care. I wonder if I should dedicate myself to this current bunch and the answer is no.

I am not going to blame the players, the admin or the coaching staff. I am not an insider and won't make assumptions based on things I do not definitively know. I know there has been no effort given out on the ground and until some is given, I won't be back. I want us to win and I hate us losing. I can be more sympathetic to losses that contain effort and will stick by people who give their all and I know there are some who do in this team. The majority however are not and until the day when even a 55/45 majority do care, I won't be back.

End of letter.

I don't think I have the answer to all ills. Though I am now going to start voting with my feet and have held back on the second letter. Last year, I came around somewhat and went to the remaining home games. Next week, I will be taking my girlfriend (who has never seen a game of football) to see Richmond vs. St. Kilda. I refuse to let her give money to a club that gives zero back as far as entertainment value or commitment to it's supporters goes. I also want to go to a game where I can walk out knowing that all 44 players who step out on the ground will fight tooth and nail for a victory (I should have taken her to Geelong vs. Hawthorn). I will still keep an eye on Melbourne but right now, after 23 years, emotional investment is just too painful. If the club decides to get serious, I will be back. Until then, I won't.

Did you get a response?

I emailed the club for the first time. I let them know that i fear there is something very wrong with the club. Sitting at the G on the weekend watching our players roll over sent a shocking memory of 186 through me. I was at Geelong for that game front row thanks to my father in law. I just can't help but feel something is wrong and I begged the club to fix it.

She passes on all the messages, gives email addresses, and cops abuse all day from the lowest common denominator..

I volunteer to come and sit on reception the next time we have a fiasco as long as I'm allowed to argue with the callers.

• Like 5