Neeld on SEN this morning

Pates

He was on the morning glory today, did anyone hear it? Anything of interest?

Listening to it now,

Mitch will play if he gets through training today, trenners not so sure.

Training loads over the pre season is up 15% but still needs more next year, that was the maximum they could do without pushing injuries.

Was asked what to expect from Sylvia and Davey.

Davey, first pre season in 4. Both ready to go, said Sylvia has the endurance to play long periods in the midfield (may be putting Sylvia in the midfield more often?).

Would not confirm Viney and Toumpas are in the 25. Match comitee tonight.

Expectations, simply more competitive in more quarters and in games for longer. Would not give a amount of wins.

Was asked what to expect from Sylvia and Davey.

Davey, first pre season in 4. Both ready to go, said Sylvia has the endurance to play long periods in the midfield (may be putting Sylvia in the midfield more often?).

Would not confirm Viney and Toumpas are in the 25. Match comitee tonight.

Expectations, simply more competative in more quarters and in games for longer. Would not give a amount of wins.

Cheers for the summary.

I don't agree - I thought Neeld was realistic, the last thing the MFC needs now is trumpet blowing. It's completely understandable that the coach will look at other things than just the scoreline this year. He has to (a) bring the existing players up to scratch (b) bring new players into the system and © blood the first year players, whilst all the time trying to turn around the stagnation that has been reeking for years. Yes, it will be tough watching at times this year, but these are the hard yards that need to be done for a bigger pay-off further down the line.

• Like 6

I thought it was a good interview. Just enough information to titillate, but not enough to set expectations too high. Neeldy is getting better in the media each time I hear him.

• Like 4

I wonder how much of it is that he simply doesn't know how we will go? i mean i understand that he gets to see these players basically every day and should have a good idea but i mean it just takes watts taking the next step, viney and toumpas playing well clark and dawes clicking and abit of luck and with our draw we could push the 8 or we could have another year like last but with so much young talent it must be tough to predict anything.

I heard it

Was far from inspirational.

I got the feeling that 2013 will not be a lot better than last.

Not sure the MFC can have too many more of those years

Old Dee you really do need to switch that machine off that translates everything that you read and hear about MFC into doom and gloom, you seem to be on your Pat Malone with that summation of the interview

What do you want him to say "we will win 15 games this year and make finals", imagine what your reaction would be if we didn't

• Like 7

The Coach has to be so careful of what he says publicly.

The opposition will also hear it.

I am happy with a diluted expectation with recognition of reality.

It is still exciting as I hope he is supressing the confidence that he is expressing with the team

Good comments on Sylvia and it will be interesting to see how this works out.

I am still excited by the options and hoping for improvement which will bring success..

I don't agree - I thought Neeld was realistic, the last thing the MFC needs now is trumpet blowing. It's completely understandable that the coach will look at other things than just the scoreline this year. He has to (a) bring the existing players up to scratch ( B) bring new players into the system and © blood the first year players, whilst all the time trying to turn around the stagnation that has been reeking for years. Yes, it will be tough watching at times this year, but these are the hard yards that need to be done for a bigger pay-off further down the line.

I agree - let's get rid of the bugler.

• Like 3

Old Dee you really do need to switch that machine off that translates everything that you read and hear about MFC into doom and gloom, you seem to be on your Pat Malone with that summation of the interview

What do you want him to say "we will win 15 games this year and make finals", imagine what your reaction would be if we didn't

Satriconhome I have said on other occasions that Neeld does nothing for me re generating enthusiasm.

I have heard him at AGM's, seen him on TV and Radio.

Now does it matter that he does not inspire me?

Obviously no.

The thing that matters is that he gets the team winning games.

I thought this morning he was as usual low key.

When the main thrust is about winning quarters it reminds me of a certain guy called DB.

That worries me.

Makes me think he does not see a big improvement coming.

Lets not forget we were irrelevant last year.

Lots of changes have been made since then

I hope to god we are a fair bit better than that this year.

But nothing he said this morning gave me any indication our performance will be increased by much

Satriconhome I have said on other occasions that Neeld does nothing for me re generating enthusiasm.

I have heard him at AGM's, seen him on TV and Radio.

Now does it matter that he does not inspire me?

Obviously no.

The thing that matters is that he gets the team winning games.

I thought this morning he was as usual low key.

When the main thrust is about winning quarters it reminds me of a certain guy called DB.

That worries me.

Makes me think he does not see a big improvement coming.

Lets not forget we were irrelevant last year.

Lots of changes have been made since then

I hope to god we are a fair bit better than that this year.

But nothing he said this morning gave me any indication our performance will be increased by much

So what do you want him to say OD?????.......Do you want him to give false promises....or be a little low key at this time of the year/////

So what do you want him to say OD?????.......Do you want him to give false promises....or be a little low key at this time of the year/////

You can be a wee bit more up beat than I heard this morning Bossdog.

As I said earlier at the end of the day it does not matter how I see him.

Just expressing my feeling about how he affects me.

Exactly right... I saw on FC the other night footage of Sanderson from the crows at their season launch basically saying the boys are playing for a flag, and comparing this team to 97-98 etc... then came out in the first week against the bombers to deliver as they did.

I know I'd take Neeld's approach to our season over that effort.

OD: Only reason I think Neeld talks about quarters is because thats how he has to approach it. He knows that the consistency isn't there to talk about full games efforts yet. I have no doubt all the coaches talk about one quarter at a time internally, it's just publically that the coaches who have teams at the bottom end talk about quarters... about competitiveness, about being in the game longer etc.

Thats why you hear the cliche 'the boys put in a four quarter effort' almost 4-5 times a week in post match interviews.

• Like 1

You can be a wee bit more up beat than I heard this morning Bossdog.

As I said earlier at the end of the day it does not matter how I see him.

Just expressing my feeling about how he affects me.

I've seen Neeld be upbeat more than we saw with Bailey... He is also a lot more intense in the box than I saw with DB.