More of the same?

old dee

My goodness things do not look good north of the border tonight

The the result tonight was GWS down by 15 goals and a certain $1million player had 10 positions.

If he maintains this form the knives will appear very soon.

CW could make a big story out of this one!

Well I can only hope.
Wonder if he will play in round 1?

How long will the AFL poor millions into this escapade?

Looks like another year similar to last

Thank god we offloaded him when we did. One of the rare wins.

Not to be too technically P_Man but I think he offloaded us.

However the result is the same.

The nett result is we have Clark Plus draft picks

So far we are way in front

• Like 1

Not to be too technically P_Man but I think he offloaded us.

However the result is the same.

The nett result is we have Clark Plus draft picks

So far we are way in front

We still offloaded him. The technicalities of who divorced who is of no consequence in terms of the net gain, and at this stage we are WELL ahead.

Its definitely a win for us on current form and what we got in return. 10 possies, is pretty poor but then the side did also get flogged.

Don't care but I bet the other players might be started to get [censored].

For $1million PA you need to put up Buddy like performances not 10 touches.

• Like 2

Regardless of why or how Tom left the club, for me the bigger question is why have the AFL agreed to fund such a contract. For me its negligence that Scully is in the top 10 paid players in the league. I think SEN said that Buddy is holding off his contract as stats said that 9 players last year received over a million dollars. Scully is one of them

How can Scully receive more than Buddy?

Its wrong! what makes it more wrong is the AFL is paying, not pokies revenue (or what ever else). In other words, The other 17 clubs in the AFL are compensating his contract. Including th MFC.

Why is the club (indirectly) paying part of his wage?

We still offloaded him. The technicalities of who divorced who is of no consequence in terms of the net gain, and at this stage we are WELL ahead.

No. He offloaded us. No two ways about it. We wanted him to stay and offered him a much better contract than he deserved.

No. He offloaded us. No two ways about it. We wanted him to stay and offered him a much better contract than he deserved.

Fer christ's sake...seriously?

Yes, he left us. We offloaded (please provide a better word if we're debating on semantics here) a player where we are ahead on the deal.

A bit of positivity. Heaven [censored] forbid.

We didn't offload him, he ditched us. Could end up being one of the best things that ever happens to us, not that that'll stop me getting stuck into him when he comes to the G!

• Like 2

Fer christ's sake...seriously?

Yes, he left us. We offloaded (please provide a better word if we're debating on semantics here) a player where we are ahead on the deal.

A bit of positivity. Heaven [censored] forbid.

We got 'compensated'.

Thats the only word I can think of.

We turned that compensation into Hogan and Barry and Dawes.

I'm extreamly happy with the results and am not negative about the outcome at all.

Not sure how you dont think im positive. Most have got lost in translation. I'm the most positive person on this board.

We got 'compensated'.

Thats the only word I can think of.

We turned that compensation into Hogan and Barry and Dawes.

I'm extreamly happy with the results and am not negative about the outcome at all.

Not sure how you dont think im positive. Most have got lost in translation. I'm the most positive person on this board.

Fair enough. I just think there's enough disagreement and bickering on here without being pulled up on a single word.

We all know the circumstances in which he left. My clear, main point was that we've done well out if it.

Watched him closely and he's a typical Melbourne number one draft pick, i.e. no good. He was the right choice for pick one at the time, but boy he's vanilla. He doesn't have one weapon at AFL level and gets exposed by disposal and lack of size.

His decision to leave will be one of the great wins in this club's history. One can only wonder how his output and salary is going to pan out over the journey. GWS are embarrassed, which is why they've already fudged his B&F placing and elevated him to the LG. In time it will get more media scrutiny.

• Like 6

...................................... I'm the most positive person on this board.

Dunno 'bout that ...... OD might give you a run for your money! :)

• Like 1

My goodness things do not look good north of the border tonight

The the result tonight was GWS down by 15 goals and a certain $1million player had 10 positions.

If he maintains this form the knives will appear very soon.

CW could make a big story out of this one!

Well I can only hope.

Wonder if he will play in round 1?

How long will the AFL poor millions into this escapade?

Looks like another year similar to last

she would just blame the poisonous bad culture he was exposed to at a certain previous club

• Like 2

You guys neglect to mention that Tom sculls doubled his possession count from the Sydney derby. Then again, with Tom at ouch is usually just that. The lad has been poorly advised and is now playing under the weight of expectations. Looks like another stuff up, Kev.

Watched him closely and he's a typical Melbourne number one draft pick, i.e. no good. He was the right choice for pick one at the time, but boy he's vanilla. He doesn't have one weapon at AFL level and gets exposed by disposal and lack of size.

His decision to leave will be one of the great wins in this club's history. One can only wonder how his output and salary is going to pan out over the journey. GWS are embarrassed, which is why they've already fudged his B&F placing and elevated him to the LG. In time it will get more media scrutiny.

I posted a while ago that it was very possible given the GWS talent, that he might struggle to make their team, if their best players were available. I haven't changed my opinion.

Of course, with his huge salary, like Folau, he will continue to get games.

Edited by Redleg

To think Gary Lyon when asked to comment on him said, "one word, Judd". I could never understand how he could make that call at the time and still don't for the reasons you've pointed out.

He had a purple patch in a last quarter against the dogs that had people raving but my memory was a lot of possessions turned over or at best scrubbing 20 to 30 metre kicks.

The only real asset he has is an ability to run all day and that may be an advantage when the interchange cap comes in.

The only real asset he has is an ability to run all day and that may be an advantage when the interchange cap comes in.

The running he does do is well wide of the pack and the footy.. you tend to see his head bobbing up and down at the bottom of the TV screen, just out of the play, but that's about it.

To think Gary Lyon when asked to comment on him said, "one word, Judd". I could never understand how he could make that call at the time and still don't for the reasons you've pointed out.

He had a purple patch in a last quarter against the dogs that had people raving but my memory was a lot of possessions turned over or at best scrubbing 20 to 30 metre kicks.

I wonder if Lyon may've been ahead of the game.

Talk 'im right up for maximum compensation.

I was watching TF that night and the footage shown of Scully running through the middle of the ground basically doing nothing was unconvincing to say the least.

• Like 1