The tragic downfall of Liam Jurrah

Whispering_Jack

Are charges still pending for the aggravated assault, breach of bail and drink-driving from last month?

don't you see, he was just a poor native boy, lured into the evil white man's world of the MFC, now we have made him bad

don't you see, he was just a poor native boy, lured into the evil white man's world of the MFC, now we have made him bad

Sorry, but that is just ignorant and should be removed.

On another note, our Welfare person has been with Liam for much of the time in the Alice. Make of that what you will.

• Like 3

Apportioning blame is not what is at issue here. May be worth remembering Liam was cleared of the more serious charge. As for drink driving, he won't be the first, nor, unfortunately, will he be the last AFL/ex-AFL footballer to go down this rocky road.

Let's stay relevant shall we?

We should blame the welfare person?

No, Liam is to blame, every individual has choices.

If Jurrah learns from this, then he should come out a smarter bloke, able to make better choices in the future.

It will be a tough lesson to learn, but once he clears up his alcohol issues and seeks help, he still has a bright future.

Now Port has closed the door on him, he has a lot of work ahead of him, if he is able to convince a side to take a gamble on him.

I'd definitely take Jurrah back in a heart beat..... Not sure the club see it this way....

Jurrah left the club to sort out problems in his community..... The club allowed him time away, out of respect for him and his culture..... It's a shame he didn't show the club the same amount of respect.......

While away he got drunk.... put in remand...... charged with assault and after all that he went behind the clubs back for a tv interview......

Jurrah is a very talented player.......but His attitude is unprofessional and I doubt the club will give him a second look....

• Like 2

Let's stay relevant shall we?

No, Liam is to blame, every individual has choices.

Ahhh... it was a joke, lads. I really couldn't care less who was or wasn't to blame (or not to blame as the case may be) in any of this whole long, ugly and incredibly drawn out saga. We put faith in a high risk / high reward player, got some initial return and then it all went to hell. It happens and it'll happen again to some club. Liam can do whatever he wants with the rest of his life as long as he stays right away from my club because he has treated us very badly in all this, and we've paid our tab a long time ago.

That said I'm still blaming the welfare office for every bad thing that happens to us this year.

Instead of apportioning blame isn't it time that there was some apportionment of credit in favour of Melbourne for standing by Liam when things got tough instead of running away like Port Adelaide did?

I haven't read anything in the media about the club sending its welfare officer to be there in Alice Springs. Why is that?

Because Wilson and Robinson are spiteful people who don't have it in them to write a feel good story about Melbourne?

• Like 3

Instead of apportioning blame isn't it time that there was some apportionment of credit in favour of Melbourne for standing by Liam when things got tough instead of running away like Port Adelaide did?

I haven't read anything in the media about the club sending its welfare officer to be there in Alice Springs. Why is that?

Because Wilson and Robinson are spiteful people who don't have it in them to write a feel good story about Melbourne?

Better question: why was he there? Jurrah walked out on the club 6 months ago. Time to let go?

Well said WJ. If Liam can get through this, I would also take him back, providing someone with higher picks doesn't get him first.

• Like 1

This is a very sad affair.Liam was such a dynamic and exciting player.Im very sad that we won't be seeing him in the Red and Blue guernsey this year.I wish Liam all the best and i hope we see him back in the AFL sooner rather than later even if it's with another club.

• Like 1

Taken from Facebook, but usually reliable for the basic info..

Breaking news from the ABC reporting that Liam Jurrah has been arrested over a series of assaults in Alice Springs overnight.

He has to get out of there if he wants to get back on track. The idea of him playing for a local team in the Alice is only asking for trouble, the opposing forces will not let him be.

Might be no choice now though.

• Like 1

Yes , just reported on SEN, arrested again for assault.

I Guarantee you this bloke will not play AFL again , for any club.

But thats the least of his worries.

Yes , just reported on SEN, arrested again for assault.

I Guarantee you this bloke will not play AFL again , for any club.

But thats the least of his worries.

LJ was arrested because he failed to appear at the Adelaide Mag Crt ......He was in Alice Spring at the time......He was represented by his legal team and the warrant was a formality.........He was charged two or three months ago for a fight with his partner......Lets not get hysterical.....These are NOT fresh charges.....

LJ was arrested because he failed to appear at the Adelaide Mag Crt ......He was in Alice Spring at the time......He was represented by his legal team and the warrant was a formality.........He was charged two or three months ago for a fight with his partner......Lets not get hysterical.....These are NOT fresh charges.....

brace yourself bossdog

I heard the same as you Bossdog.

He was arrested for not appearing on Monday in Adelaide to the earlier charge.

I heard the same as you Bossdog.

He was arrested for not appearing on Monday in Adelaide to the earlier charge.

I'm pretty sure I read the other day that after not fronting in court, if he didn't front at the next scheduled court date, then a warrant would be issued for his arrest... so I am not so sure that is the reason.

I'm pretty sure I read the other day that after not fronting in court, if he didn't front at the next scheduled court date, then a warrant would be issued for his arrest... so I am not so sure that is the reason.

I hope you are right on this, some of the reports are indicating fresh incidents overnight.

I hope you are right on this, some of the reports are indicating fresh incidents overnight.

That's what I'm saying... it could be fresh incidents, because a warrant over not attending court would only be issued if he failed to attend the next date.