Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The tragic downfall of Liam Jurrah

Whispering_Jack

http://www.memidex.com/machete

machete audio.gif
Definition:

a large heavy knife used in Central America and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation

Class:

artifact noun (man-made objects)

Plural:

machetes

Original source:

Princeton WordNet

Synonyms:

matchet | panga

Etymology:

Spanish, diminutive of macho, sledge hammer, alteration of mazo, club, probably...

(Source: American Heritage Dictionary) [more]

However you spell it, you shouldn't belt your cousin with it, club women or drink drive.

It's a shame you blokes on Demonland think this is stand up behavior, but it's not surprising at all.

You all do Jurrah proud, you are all good little enablers.

However you spell it, you shouldn't belt your cousin with it, club women or drink drive.

It's a shame you blokes on Demonland think this is stand up behavior, but it's not surprising at all.

I dont know why I am trying to make you see "reason" - except drink driving you do understand that he hasnt been found guilty of anything yet. It is not proven that he has belted anyone - man, woman or child - you do realise this dont you ? That is what this little thing called a trial is going to determine.

• Like 2

Whilst Im sure Liam's circumstances are different to the majority of us. What choices did Liam have the night in which he's accused of using the Machete? Was he obliged as a tribal warrior to issue justice under 'aboriginal law' or were the actions he took due to being under the influence? I don't know all the facts so I won't pass judgement. As an outsider it does appear Liam's troubles are related in many ways to his abuse of alcohol & not just his life circumstance.

Key words "accused of using" - until proven otherwise, he is innocent in the eyes of the law (just not in the eyes of those with the lynch mob mentality).

And you are a fine example of what I mentioned in my previous post - lynch mob mentality.

There are posters mindlessly accusing him of being guilty without the facts and there are posters mindlessly defending him without the facts. he could be guilty , he could be innocent. None of us know so lets stop attacking or defending. sit on your hands guys and let the people WITH the facts sort it out.

• Like 1

There are posters mindlessly accusing him of being guilty without the facts and there are posters mindlessly defending him without the facts. he could be guilty , he could be innocent. None of us know so lets stop attacking or defending. sit on your hands guys and let the people WITH the facts sort it out.

Then there are those of us who are simply defending his basic right by law of "innocent until proven guilty".

• Like 2

I dont see a great many defending him without the facts - i see a whole lot of people suggesting that justice should take its course and whilst not to get too pedantic - he actually should be defended because right here and now he is innocent - thats how our justice system works - innocent until proven guilty.

• Like 1

I dont see a great many defending him without the facts - i see a whole lot of people suggesting that justice should take its course and whilst not to get too pedantic - he actually should be defended because right here and now he is innocent - thats how our justice system works - innocent until proven guilty.

defended by people who dont have any more facts than the people accusing him? let the courts settle it.

defended by people who dont have any more facts than the people accusing him? let the courts settle it.

umm no...defending his right to innocence until proven otherwise. you are not quite getting this concept. Julian Knight was innocent up until the finish of his trial where he was found guilty by a jury of his peers. All some of us are doing is defending Liam Jurrah's presumption of innocence until a jury determines otherwise. You do not need any facts to be afforded the presumption of innocence under the law until a trial determines otherwise.

Edited by nutbean

umm no...defending his right to innocence until proven otherwise. you are not quite getting this concept. Julian Knight was innocent up until the finish of his trial where he was found guilty by a jury of his peers. All some of us are doing is defending Liam Jurrah's presumption of innocence until a jury determines otherwise. You do not need any facts to be afforded the presumption of innocence under the law until a trial determines otherwise.

Yes as i requoted to hardnut, i most definitely defend his right to presumption of innocence but i disagree with people arguing the facts when they have SFA of a clue as to what happened that night. discuss by all means but posters arguing the facts when they werent there is a bit prepostorus. As i said before, let the courts settle it

Over new years in Bali i happened to have dinner with the police officer who was called to the scene when he was arrested (toatally random). He reckons Jurrah was pretty much caught red handed, no doubt in his mind that he assulted basil. He did agree that the witness statements would be torn apart by any decent legal team because everyone there was beyond drunk.

He was disapointed about the amount of media coverage the case was getting purley because Jurrah was involved. Thistype of stuff happens on a weekly basis up there but no one wants to know about it

interesting. whatever the facts it does sound like it was quite a night. what a coincidence bumping in to that guy

Yeah what are the chances. The resport i stayed at had a new years function (set menu dinner & terrible entertainment) that was covered in your accomodation price. Being new years there would have been almost 1000 people there. It was alocated seating. Just happened to be sat next to a couple from Allice Springs - a cop and a nurse, they met in the emegancy at the hospital....did they have some stories to tell. We talked footy, amongst other things and he told me about the night Jurrah was arrested. Eye opening stuff. It would have been harder to accept if Jurrah was still on the MFC list - i wouldnt have wanted to hear what he had to say

Over new years in Bali i happened to have dinner with the police officer who was called to the scene when he was arrested (toatally random). He reckons Jurrah was pretty much caught red handed, no doubt in his mind that he assulted basil. He did agree that the witness statements would be torn apart by any decent legal team because everyone there was beyond drunk.

He was disapointed about the amount of media coverage the case was getting purley because Jurrah was involved. Thistype of stuff happens on a weekly basis up there but no one wants to know about it

Similar to what I heard and I just pray justice prevails.

Black, white, yellow, pink or purple, It doesn't matter what colour or race the person is.

I will not sit here and support Demonlands favorite son (Jurrah) for clubbing women, driving around trashed and belting blokes over the head with Machetties.

Go take your race card else where you big sook.

I'm not the one waving the race card. Maybe if you took the time to read other members posts you would understand this - but that's probably asking for too much.

Obviously you're the one who's been trashed and clubbed around the head too many times.

I'm not the one waving the race card. Maybe if you took the time to read other members posts you would understand this - but that's probably asking for too much.

Obviously you're the one who's been trashed and clubbed around the head too many times.

First you pull the race card, then you sook about it, now you resort to throwing personal insults around.

Your a class act, try sticking to the topic you big sook.

Is it true that his two co-accused have been tried, found guilty of assault and affray and locked up already?

Not for this matter but one of them (Walker) was in custody at the time of the committal last year relating to similar charges.

But he's not alone there. I understand Basil knows what the decor is like inside as well.

I find it a little misleading how he is portrayed as some sort of tribal elder who provides leadership. The truth is he is just a damaged soul like most of his tribe. Most of the elders are seriously damaged themselves and have zero hope of providing guidance for their communities.

And those who are in position of authority and responsibility are big hypocrites too busy featthering their own nests and fostering nepotism. I know a few of them personally. Fat cat public servants who it is in their interest to continue propagating victimhood. Another that I know of is a board member for an education authority and her role is to provide advice on setting curriculums for the education of indigenous children. Yet I have been told she rarely attends board meetings but occasionally pops up in the media complaining about how little is done for indigenous education.

Edited by Muvver Jones

On another matter, can someone explain why the hardliners like mjt and 316 who are so quick to judge others are also functionally only semi-literate?

316 has issues with apostrophes, your and you're, and poor old mjt falls over every time with any variation of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

On another matter, can someone explain why the hardliners like mjt and 316 who are so quick to judge others are also functionally only semi-literate?

316 has issues with apostrophes, your and you're, and poor old mjt falls over every time with any variation of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

I have previously stated that I cannot spell, maybe if I drank drove around wielding a machete and clubbing shelias I'd recieve your approval to post on here.

Just walked past the courthouse here in Alice Springs to see a worried and tense Liam standing on the steps being both yelled at and cheered by opposing families in this feud. Across the road in the park tensions simmered, police intervened as Liam strode back inside. A little reminder to you all during your bickering, that while we can chip in and switch off as we please, the fighting, the threats and the realities of the hard circumstances indigenous Australians live with, rolls on impossible to escape.

• Like 5