Who gets you excited?

Josh

Guest Deemand

Im really excited about the little terrior Jack Viney, There has been so much spoken about this kid! and with the little bit of arrogance he has, i can't bloody wait for round 1 (knowing J.Viney he'll prob be suspended after the NAB cup), One thing i want to see this year is if an opposition team is roughing up J.Watts i want the boys to come running in to help out, it has frustrated me that the Dee's players don't really get stuck in like the other teams do.

Big years are required from;

Tapscott, Davey, Dunn, Taggert, Gawn, Rodan, Spencer, Bail and Macdonald

• Like 2

Supposing we do see improvement overall, I want to see Watts emerge as a gamebreaker. More than anyone else, he's been the target of the sneerers; and so, for us to begin to really command respect, I think that Watts' performances just about have to demand respect first. Unfair, but he's been front and centre since we drafted him. I suspect he'll either be at the centre of our rise or he'll just drift out the side; but if he takes off, we shake off all the crap we've taken in the past so-many years...

Kruezer and Patton don't cop anywhwere near the shiiite that Watts gets, I reckon when he does finally turn it on it will be very sweet indeed.

• Like 1

I'm really excited to see our new recruits in the team. i won't be surprised if dawes has the sort of year that clark did this season, minus the injury. Peddersen should also have a good year in the fwd line. With Clark, dawes and Pedersen all in the one fwd line we should have one of the most potent fwd line in the comp and the majority of teams will struggle to hold them.

Howe i think will improve again and trengove should have a much improved year.

I think spencer will step up and press his claim for a regular spot in the team

Rodan i think, provided he doesn't get struck down by injuries will prove he is not done.

Should be a very exciting year for the MFC. Go Dees :lol:

I'm really excited to see our new recruits in the team. i won't be surprised if dawes has the sort of year that clark did this season, minus the injury. Peddersen should also have a good year in the fwd line. With Clark, dawes and Pedersen all in the one fwd line we should have one of the most potent fwd line in the comp and the majority of teams will struggle to hold them.

I wouldn't be holding your breath about Pederson and Dawes becoming fwd line guns. Pederson couldn't get a game at North and Dawes kicked 16 goals last year (His highest tally is 30 goals).

I think they will both be competitive but they aren't going to be superstars in the short term

I wouldn't be holding your breath about Pederson and Dawes becoming fwd line guns. Pederson couldn't get a game at North and Dawes kicked 16 goals last year (His highest tally is 30 goals).

I think they will both be competitive but they aren't going to be superstars in the short term

I expect for Dawes to have a much better year than last. He won't be rucking at all, and should be camped out inside 50 for the majority of the season. Not sure what to expect of Pedersen though; I think he'll be James Sellar 2.0.

A personal best season tally of 30 for a full time foward is far too low, would love to see that up around 50-60.

But I think Dawes brings alot more than just goals, his presence alone, his attack on the contest in the air, and his second efforts for a bloke his size all add up to a pretty valuable member of our foward line. My dad follows Collingwood so when we talk footy its Melbourne or Collingwood so I talk a bit about the pies.

Dawes will be great for us, I think he should be played at CHF and have Clark deep

• Like 1

I think Rodan will excite alot of Demons fans this year.

But the players who exited me most last year were Howe, Clark & Jones.

2013 will be a good year if the players who exite me are those above + Trengove, Pederson, Dawes, Byrnes, Frawley, Garland, Dunn

I dont want Viney and Toumpas to be burdened, its time our older types to play like leaders and established AFL players should

• Dawes - been effectively a decoy for Cloke last year, can expect a big improvement
  • Watts - 22 years old and matured, also with the spot light off him because of the new list hopefully can grow into his own
  • Garland - his kicking was as bad as Ben 'Dutchy' Holland, with some focus on kicking goals he can be flexible (foward or back)
  • The Jacks - I've always been impressed but always been lacking some conviction, with the 'new' team hopefully this will change
  • Davey & Silvia - It's obvious not alot of players get a second chance under Neeld, its time to step up or get out and I'm confident that they will get into form again
  • Howe - I want him to do more, I know he can jump but hopefully this pre-season he can nail this year
  • Neeld, Craig, Misson - they have been busy and I havent felt such confidence in a long time.

Alot of what I have said rests on 'hopefully'.

I'm fed up with people's reactions when I say I support the Dees - I dont want your sympathy, I want your jealousy.

Bring on 2013!

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 1

Call me strange but the coaching panel get me excited. Watching the training clips, drills are timed to the minute. Misson has brought expectations of AFL-plus levels of fitness. Neeld has a game plan. And I think Craig & Neeld are instilling a culture not seen since the Northey days. Look at the comradery. And we're accumulating the necessary "cattle". We'll surprise a few pundits in 2013.

• Like 3

I can vividly recall the disappointment of our performance against the Lions in Rd 1 this past season. Watching the game slip away from us was nauseating.

A team performance which results in a good win in Rd 1 next year will be enough to get me a semi at least.

I think Rodan will excite alot of Demons fans this year.

But the players who exited me most last year were Howe, Clark & Jones.

2013 will be a good year if the players who exite me are those above + Trengove, Pederson, Dawes, Byrnes, Frawley, Garland, Dunn

I dont want Viney and Toumpas to be burdened, its time our older types to play like leaders and established AFL players should

+2

This thread is about "who excites you" not expectations. If you can't get excited by seeing elite young talent running around at your club there's something wrong.

"Sleazy Sam Blease".

Has the pace and the will to take 'em on.

Has kicked too many "arsey" goals for it to be an accident.

One of many to be excited about .

• Like 3

Mitch Clark and Jack Viney. We've needed some balls for so long, and I see them as the left and right. I love the types of players that make you proud of your club and walk a little taller on game day.

If those two are the balls then Chunk is the doodle, ramming through packs.

Edited by the passenger

I refuse to get excited this time around... last year at this time we were all getting excited about the new coaching regime and the "harderst team to play" catch cry, and our new recruits and the promise of improved youngsters following a full pre-season, and by the end of round one we were all lamenting what was going to be the season from hell as we went down to the supposed easybeats, the Lions.

In 2013, I will wait until after the Port game before I start to get emotionally involved... even though I believe we should wipe the floor with them! ;-)

• Like 1