No charges laid, no decision and no penalties ahead of draft

markc

KB wants MFC to go down for tanking.... Regardless of if we are guilty or not..... He hates MFC.....

He created venom denham.... So he can have ago at us without showing his hatered for us.....

I use to like his show.... But now I can't bear to listen to his shock jock antics.... Someone needs to put this dick in his place.....

KB has history with Cam Schwab from their days at Richmond, so take anything KB says as coloured by that.

I still think this is a big show for us the viewing public...

Big bad AFL goin to slap down any pesky varmint that brings them their game into disrepute ( thats pronounced dis-rep-putee). MFC hire a gun with leather chaps and big cohuna's to show we aint to be messed with. Investigation concludes on evidence available that proving tanking is impossible. Big Bad Finkelstein fades into the sunset without firing a shot. tumbleweed floats across screen . end of story.

...and that image of The BBF fading into the sunset will be a Xmas present for us DEE supporters. My logic:

- AFL has no concrete evidence that will stand up in court.

- The next AFL Commission meeting is in mid-Dec where they will hand down their findings...AFL won't want it to go into 2013.

- Mid Dec is a perfect time to announce no sufficient evidence - no one will care what CW writes, KB says - all out celebrating. AFL will be relying on this to minimize airplay.

Then we can happily get on with our Xmas merriment and enjoy the Xmas turkey...

...ah turkey: that is both the edible kind and the turkey image the AFL will have tainted itself with!

• Like 1

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

I've missed all this.. 128 posts.. no time to read.. can somebody nutshell it for me?

Nutshell - Viney and pick 4 are safely ours and Caro/VenomDenham/Ralph can go stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Like 1

I've missed all this.. 128 posts.. no time to read.. can somebody nutshell it for me?

Nutshell - Viney and pick 4 are safely ours and Caro/VenomDenham/Ralph can go stick it where the sun don't shine.

...and we will face a meeting of the Comission at a later date...

Wasn't CamS CEO when KB was sacked??

General Manager or whatever they were called back then but yes. Still carries a grudge against Scwhab, can't even bring himself to even say his name.

Edited by diesel

So what happens if we come last in 2013 Does that mean we tanked again or does it mean for what ever reason we were not good enough

Did we really try this year?

There is no way the investigators will get enough clear evidence to make a charge leading to any sanctions

My view is it will just quietly go away as it is in everybodys interest to do so .We may be given a warning. The MFC has not done anything wrong except play to the AFL rules

Why do we have to face the comison at a later date if they don't have any legitimate evidence against us?

Exackery 7-UP BTW Do they still make that drink?

Cat Attack is rightly pointing out that it won't be 4x better. It was an exaggeration made to emphasise a point.

Also, this year's draft was being hailed as a Superdraft this time last year. Even in July, or so, when Rendell was being hauled over the coals he stated he wanted to stay for one more year as Adelaide's head recruiter such was the quality of this year's draft. He labelled it "the best in 15 years". My point ? It's very difficult to accurately assess a draft a year out. Plenty of things change and opinions will vary. It's got nothing to do with the "truth", as you put it.

The 2021 draft will be the best in AFL history. I have seen the 9 year olds play.

• Like 2

Why do we have to face the comison at a later date if they don't have any legitimate evidence against us?

To determine the legitimacy of the evidence...

This will not end with a press release saying we have no case to answer, this will end at a Comission meeting when the AFL Commission recognises we did nothing wrong and their investigators have been chasing 'windmills.'

• Like 2

KB should get Terry Wallace on to his show. It is amazing how all these ex footballers now in the media are tip toeing around everything except the MFC.

Get real Kevin. Ye who thinks horse racing is a legit sport.

What annoys me about KB is he keeps bringing up when DB had his press conference and said I delivered the draft picks Melbourne wanted, that was an addmission of tanking. I see no difference in this and Wallaces comments regarding the game he didn't try to win which delivered Cotchin.

Bailey may also have been saying I could have played injured players and won some more games but I chose to go for youth, manage the list and experiment a bit

Isn't Finklestein quite steeped in defamation law?

Just putting it out there - had a feeling he heard quite a few media and defamation cases on the Fed Ct bench, but I could be wrong.

I think his judicial work was more commercial law stuff.

However, IIRC he headed up the Media Inquiry that we had a few years back.

Either way: he's a boss.

So what happens if we come last in 2013 Does that mean we tanked again or does it mean for what ever reason we were not good enough

Did we really try this year?

There is no way the investigators will get enough clear evidence to make a charge leading to any sanctions

My view is it will just quietly go away as it is in everybodys interest to do so .We may be given a warning. The MFC has not done anything wrong except play to the AFL rules

yes, I am hoping this is similar to the recreational drug testing farce

-public shows dissatisfaction with an aspect of the game

-AFL puts in a process to be seen to be do something

-outcome is pre-determined to do nothing (we looked into it and everything's fine, folks)

Aker said that at the Dogs, he and a few others would always be the ones selected for 'random' drug tests - the AFL knowing that way they get 100% clearance rates of negative tests if they stuck to the blokes they knew didnt do drugs

KB has history with Cam Schwab from their days at Richmond, so take anything KB says as coloured by that.

kb was always one eyed & sees things very black & white, in fact in stripes. He was most likely a Pies supporter as a kid, but zoned to the tiges.

I hear he doesn't really like yella, but has learnt to tolerate it.

What's with the aggro for Ralph?

He was one week ahead of Caro in placing the Vault as a building, not a theme for a meeting, and for Connolly's remarks being a throw away line in a meeting called for other stuff.

She is only just now catching up to the context Ralph put on this story a week ago!

• Like 1

Overheard Tony Jones, who I normally have little time for, on Triple M this evening. Billy was trying to suggest that there must be a stack of evidence against MFC (if you read the reports) and Tony Jones was basically saying nothing will come of it. No evidence at all that anything occurred.

• Like 1

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

What's with the aggro for Ralph?

He was one week ahead of Caro in placing the Vault as a building, not a theme for a meeting, and for Connolly's remarks being a throw away line in a meeting called for other stuff.

She is only just now catching up to the context Ralph put on this story a week ago!

I make no apologies for the 'scattergun approach' to my vitriol. I lump the feeble-minded lot of them together. They can all go and get stuffed.

• Like 1