THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

"TANKER MORE-ANT"

Facing extinction in the face of the AFLS Bores,

An Australian platoon is forced to "take no prisoners" in the heat of combat in which it is hopelessly outgunned.

The resulting court martial is a mixture of rough justice and administrative disaster in which the Aussie Officers are crucified to appease a rabid news readership.

An iconic Aussie tale of a battling unit fighting imperial ineptitude.

Starring Bryan Brown-Nose (Adrian Anderson)

Peter Sellers as Inspector Haddad

and Jackie (Fairy -Tale) Weaver as Kero Wilson

This could be huge -if only it wasn't so far fetched.

Come on Biff........... give Jackie Weaver a break.

I'd try Andy Serkis as Kero. If he can do Gollam, he is in the ballpark.

• Like 1

... in the main she is the one that has disclosed the core matters that have informed us of what's happening and in her absence we have little further to go on.

You give her far too much credit. If you must know, she received her information as a pay back against the Herald Sun for an article published a few weeks earlier ridiculing the tanking enquiry. The result was the Age got the leaked info. That's how it works and it's as simple as that.

• Like 2

You give her far too much credit. If you must know, she received her information as a pay back against the Herald Sun for an article published a few weeks earlier ridiculing the tanking enquiry. The result was the Age got the leaked info. That's how it works and it's as simple as that.

That seems highly feasible Networks are always swapping material as favours or paybacks.

Apoc who gave her the info the AFL or was it a renegade ex MFC employee as we are led to believe.

• Like 1

I like the fact that in the main she reports things that other reporters don't.

tim

i like the fact, you stick to your guns right or wrong. you and rono might just have a little bit more in common with each other. than both of you might want to believe. i hope life is treating you good old mate.

i know you won't, but don't let the muppets get you down. your are one of the main reasons I still enjoy reading both demonology and demonland.

For the uninitiated, rono is the Tiger fan on Demonology long known for his support of Terry Wallace, the self-confessed tanker who the AFL had chosen to allow go unpunished despite publicly admitting he tanked.

A Tiger fan like Ms. Wilson, one who apparently sticks to his guns "right or wrong" unlike the majority of you muppet Melbourne supporters who prefer to support their club.

• Like 3

don't delude yourself fan, we don't in any way find you threatening

divisive, axe-grinding, petulant, grudge bearing, not a team player maybe but certainly not threatening

I think 'threatened' is exactly right. The response of many to Fan's writing is desperate, breathless denial. Wailing about 'disunity' - as if one poster on one fan site is a threat to the club. Infantile, gutless, hand-wringing magical thinking.

Fan is bang on when he says that Caro actually releases more information - more of it and earlier than everyone else on this topic. So what if it is leaks. WE still know more because of her. That her editorialising is pathetic makes it harder to sift the gold from the dross, but it is there. And that is what so much internet discussion misses; all or nothing thinking often ruins the ability to discuss anything. It's happened here.

• Like 2

tim

i like the fact, you stick to your guns right or wrong. you and rono might just have a little bit more in common with each other. than both of you might want to believe. i hope life is treating you good old mate.

i know you won't, but don't let the muppets get you down. your are one of the main reasons I still enjoy reading both demonology and demonland.

Great to hear from you freddy, I hope all is well with you and let's hope for a vastly improved 2013. Cheers mate

Guest José Mourinho
I think 'threatened' is exactly right. The response of many to Fan's writing is desperate, breathless denial. Wailing about 'disunity' - as if one poster on one fan site is a threat to the club. Infantile, gutless, hand-wringing magical thinking.

Fan is bang on when he says that Caro actually releases more information - more of it and earlier than everyone else on this topic. So what if it is leaks. WE still know more because of her. That her editorialising is pathetic makes it harder to sift the gold from the dross, but it is there. And that is what so much internet discussion misses; all or nothing thinking often ruins the ability to discuss anything. It's happened here.

Conveniently ignoring the fact the majority of it is misinformation?

The only question is: did she make it up, or is someone feeding her porkies to make her look silly..?

• Like 3

right on cue timd :)

if you can't identify someone carrying a torch and a chip on his shoulder then that's your problem

if you feel threatened then that is sad

• Like 1

One thing we all have to accept is that we don't know exactly what the AFL have. Everyone is speculating.
I would also then question is whatever the AFL purports to have actually "fact as it occurred" or "interpretations delivered under duress" ?

I'll award a bonus point for the Demonland quiz comp if you can tell me the connection between ATBMF and Melbourne.

I still like my analogy.

I happen to have a copy of ATBMF. (And The Great McCarthy. And The Club.)

Can't find anything that ties it to MFC. Wild stab ... something to do with Joe Gutnick?

I still like my analogy.

I happen to have a copy of ATBMF. (And The Great McCarthy. And The Club.)

Can't find anything that ties it to MFC. Wild stab ... something to do with Joe Gutnick?

This is from memory only Ted but I'm almost 100% certain that one of the four Melbourne TV stations screened the play And the big men fly on grand final night 1964. I watched it at home alone.

I can guarantee I'll celebrate the next one with a night out on the town.

Unlike many I'm not worried about Caro's editorial, I'm much more interested in what the AFL think and whilst I don't like the stance Caro's has taken it's not unique - many an MFC supporter was against tanking (or to avoid a silly argument) "list management" at the time for a whole raft of reasons.

You might have met one or two and they stuck out like the proverbial - in my experience MFC supporters were almost universally in favour of our 2009 strategy.

• Like 2

You miss the point entirely; Wilson has a grudge against Melbourne and its executives, her main goal seems to be to get rid of them and punish the club. Fan comes on here and applauds her for her writing and rightly cops a mouthful from true MFC supporters.

She is viscous and vindictive with an obvious hatred for all things Melbourne; do you think we should tell her what a wonderful job she's doing?

So what if she releases more information and releases it earlier; if it includes her own version of events and in the main turns out to be wrong will you condemn her afterwards? Will Fan?

Anyway I think we all know where he stands and it looks like you stand firmly beside him and I would say that's not behind the MFC; shame on the both of you.

• Like 5

You might have met one or two and they stuck out like the proverbial - in my experience MFC supporters were almost universally in favour of our 2009 strategy.

Mate I am one of your exceptions.

I hated losing to Richmond that day on the day and have ever since.

It will IMO go down as the worse period in the history of the MFC.

You miss the point entirely; Wilson has a grudge against Melbourne and its executives, her main goal seems to be to get rid of them and punish the club. Fan comes on here and applauds her for her writing and rightly cops a mouthful from true MFC supporters.

She is viscous and vindictive with an obvious hatred for all things Melbourne; do you think we should tell her what a wonderful job she's doing?

So what if she releases more information and releases it earlier; if it includes her own version of events and in the main turns out to be wrong will you condemn her afterwards? Will Fan?

Anyway I think we all know where he stands and it looks like you stand firmly beside him and I would say that's not behind the MFC; shame on the both of you.

well said RF.

I feel pity on those who applaud Wilson's words on this topic.

If she was a REAL Journalist she would be writing the same type of articles on Richmond & Carlton for starters in tandem with the MFC.

But no. This is personal. I have worked with great journalist's and very ordinary ones in the past.

There is no doubt Wilson has strong contacts, but here transcribing information to paper is always to personal.

I do not want to know her opinion primarily. I want to know the facts.

I already know her opinions of CS. It goes back to KB days, probably earlier.

Wilson & Schwab. 2 huge power brokers of the RFC in the 60's & 70's

All this from the CHIEF FOOTBALL WRITER!!

Alf Brown is still the Chief.

• Like 3

If she was a REAL Journalist she would be writing the same type of articles on Richmond & Carlton for starters in tandem with the MFC.

The truest thing I have read about her. No need to say much more either.

• Like 1

The truest thing I have read about her. No need to say much more either.

If she went after Carlton like our club she might then be forced to go after the Tigers . That's probably why she's left the Blues alone . By keeping the focus on our club it's effectively kept all the other clubs out of it - though that is still hard to understand .

I'm astonished that there hasn't been a prominent 'Journo' write an exposé on all the dodgy happenings over the years . Collectively the media have managed to keep the focus on our club . And many of the general public have fallen for it .

How Carlton have been kept out of things is mind boggling . If this goes to court there will be no more hiding though . A whole bunch of Clubs , Presidents and Coaches could easily be called to explain .

If she went after Carlton like our club she might then be forced to go after the Tigers . That's probably why she's left the Blues alone . By keeping the focus on our club it's effectively kept all the other clubs out of it - though that is still hard to understand .

I'm astonished that there hasn't been a prominent 'Journo' write an exposé on all the dodgy happenings over the years . Collectively the media have managed to keep the focus on our club . And many of the general public have fallen for it .

How Carlton have been kept out of things is mind boggling . If this goes to court there will be no more hiding though . A whole bunch of Clubs , Presidents and Coaches could easily be called to explain .

that is exactly why i want this whole affair to go to court. All the way. So this entire saga is sorted blow by blow.

If the MFC does roll over i will find it very difficult to support the club.

• Like 1

that is exactly why i want this whole affair to go to court. All the way. So this entire saga is sorted blow by blow.

If the MFC does roll over i will find it very difficult to support the club.

Well, we probably don't want this to go to court even though I reckon we'd probably win . It's a distraction we really don't need .

A suspended fine might appease all involved. Not ideal and certainly not a solution we should be happy with, but maybe we could live with it. It may well just end up being a 'way out' for all concerned . I would possibly prefer that scenario to utimately winning in court .

Maybe in the end, they do some sort of deal.

Edited by Macca

Well, we don't want this to go to court . It's a distraction we don't need .

A suspended fine might appease all involved. Not ideal, but many of us could live with it. I would prefer that scenario to utimately winning in court .

Maybe in the end, they do a deal.

no. It is a distraction that may just define the club going forward.

If the MFC roll over and accept AFL Punishment that could well be serious, this club will die.

The elusive 13 will never happen.

I don't care if this sh!t takes 2-3 years to sort out

WE the MEMBERS must demand our club fight this right to the end.