Who should we target in the PSD

S.R.J

Ok guys I'm new to this forum but I've been a demons supporter since I was born in 1982. I'm stoked with what we have done this trade period. Great to see Neeldy showing some balls. Ok so who should we target in the pre season draft.,........toy, Jacobs, surjan. Let me know what you think

Ok guys I'm new to this forum but I've been a demons supporter since I was born in 1982. I'm stoked with what we have done this trade period. Great to see Neeldy showing some balls. Ok so who should we target in the pre season draft.,........toy, Jacobs, surjan. Let me know what you think

out of toy, jacobs and surjan i would go in this order.

1) Jacobs

2) Toy

3) Surjan

It has been great this trade and F/A period, good to see the club having a clear goal and really going after who they want :)

Welcome to Demonland enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

Guest djdemons

We've been that crazy during the FA/Trade period Neeldy might go for all 3 players in the PSD. Even though that is impossible but hey its been a hectic off season for the Mighty Dees. Cant wait to see the new look Dees run onto the park in 2013.

• Like 1

If Jacobs is available, absolutely get him. After him Surjan or Warren I suppose - we should stay away from Toy imo, the heart thing and an apparent attitude problem is not what we want. I think Neeld will have foreseen this already anyway.

If Jacobs is available, absolutely get him. After him Surjan or Warren I suppose - we should stay away from Toy imo, the heart thing and an apparent attitude problem is not what we want. I think Neeld will have foreseen this already anyway.

I'd like to get Toy in the PSD. We need players who have talent and skills too, not just the right attitude and mature body etc.

A player has served seven seasons or fewer of AFL football at one club, and has been delisted by his club.

The player is a free agent and is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.

The player must decide on the best offer of his choice from one rival club.

The player can move AUTOMATICALLY to the new club of his choice.

His original club, which chose to delist him, does not receive any compensation pick for the loss of the player.

The above players (along with guys like Thornton and Symes... and perhaps even Kurt Tippett) may have already been snapped up in the delisted free agency period - I think this will be the "new" PSD.

Considering that Bartram's knee is very suspect, i'd be delisting him and then re-draft him as a mature age rookie, at least it frees up another spot.

FWIW I'd love to see them go after Jacobs. Symes is a chance to come to us if Craig David has anything to do with it, and if he can run and carry, then they may as well have a go.

If Jacobs is available, get him. First round pick, known for his good long kicking and ball winning. He could play off half back or through the midfield. Has a reasonable build on him and as has played with some success as an inside midfielder in a few games at Port. Would be a great addition to our list.

• Like 1

A player has served seven seasons or fewer of AFL football at one club, and has been delisted by his club.

The player is a free agent and is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.

His original club, which chose to delist him, does not receive any compensation pick for the loss of the player.

The above players (along with guys like Thornton and Symes... and perhaps even Kurt Tippett) may have already been snapped up in the delisted free agency period - I think this will be the "new" PSD.

Jacobs and Tippett have both been offered contracts, which they have knocked back. They have to go into the ND or PSD. Think Toy was also offered a 1 yr contract, so same for him.

BTW, a lot of late smokeys (eg Jurrah) usually come into the PSD, so lets wait and see who's available. (Having said that, Jacobs has a few unsavoury character rumours floating around about him. Due diligence will be done I guess.)

Thanks. I was going to ask about the specific rules regarding delisted free agents. What this means of course is that the club needs to already be talking to these guys if we want them. Very good opportunity to grab another freeby, although we could well wind up with another player in the mold of those we just let go.

1. Tippet if he has to go down this route. We'll be able to afford him and can always trade him at the end of the season to Sydney for a 1st round pick and a player.

2. Ben Jacobs. We should be in the box seat to land him. Good rebounding defender off half back who's a good kick of the footy and wants to come home. Lets get in his ear and get this done.

3. Josh Toy. Like Jacobs, he's a young rebounding defender/midfielder who's a good kick of the footy. There are health, attitude and fitness questions around Toy which makes him a little less desierable, but there's certainly talent there. If the above two aren't available he'd be worth the punt at minimal cost IMO.

4. Justin Sherman. Although some might question this one he does provide run and carry and can play forward, back and off a wing. Could be a handy player and brings experience although there are others I rate ahead of him.

Has anyone heard about kane mitchell? He won the sandover medal this year for the best and fairest in the wafl with a count of 58 votes. Only other player in the history of the wafl was matthew priddis and if mitchell is anything like priddis then i'd be extremely happy! Would we have to sign him in the draft or through the PSD btw?

Has anyone heard about kane mitchell? He won the sandover medal this year for the best and fairest in the wafl with a count of 58 votes. Only other player in the history of the wafl was matthew priddis and if mitchell is anything like priddis then i'd be extremely happy! Would we have to sign him in the draft or through the PSD btw?

Apparently Kane Mitchell's a horrible kick.

I'd like to get Toy in the PSD. We need players who have talent and skills too, not just the right attitude and mature body etc.

Apparently Toy isn't as keen on a career in the AFL as he should be, and there are question marks over his work ethic.

I think attitude is should be held in much higher regard than talent and skills. Over the last few years we have seen players with a huge amount of talent but an attitude which says their heart really isn't in it - they aren't hungry enough and don't have the want to be an AFL player and the best they can be. I won't name names but a few of these players have been offloaded in the last couple of weeks.

I would much prefer a less talented player who is prepared to work himself into the ground to be the best he can be than one of these 'talented' guys, of which Toy is one imo.

Not good enough for AFL level IMO, very good tank and runs hard but his disposal is poor don't beieve he can take the step up, better options are Luke Blackwell, Mark Hutchings, Shane Nelson

Obviously, I want Jacobs at MFC.

Sherman intrigues me. He can find the ball, kick, tackle and score goals. If he's fit and keen, he would be a more than handy flanker.

Does anyone know the story about his departure from WB? All I can find out is that he is leaving by mutual consent, despite having a year to run on his contract.

Likely posting suicide here but what about Kyle Reimers. Sure he's got a rubbish attitude on the field and probably not the best one off it yet but he's good speed which is a commodity we are very short in. Getting the chop from Essendon might be a good wake up call.

I'd consider him over Toy, Sherman and Jacobs if he could show you he's a hard worker.

No recycled player ever looks like a promising option but you have to deeply evaluate their skills and see what they can bring. I don't think anyone thought Brent Guerra could go from forward pocket who went around tackling and not particularly contributing much on field to a skilled leader of Hawthorns defense.

I think Melbourne might have a word to Jurrah. We have a pick before Port and could probably offer slightly better money. He could also do some mentoring of Barry and I did hear rumours that the club was speaking with Aussie and he might have an appearance in Darwin. If Aussie came back, it might persuade Jurrah or vice versa.

Jurrah and Aussie are really good mates and you never know what might happen.

• Like 1