• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Wines or O`Rourke

The HuLK

Wines or O`Rourke  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi All.

For those that remember a few weeks ago I wrote some info on Wines.

As of a couple of weeks ago I was told that Ollie Wines was personally told by the club that if he were available the club would definetley pick Ollie up with selection #4.

If he is not available and GWS take all mids then MFC will take O'Rourke and definetley not Brodie Grundy. Which would make sense considering the talls we have drafted and our need for mids.

Not that I like revealing sources as its none of anyones business IMO but the source behind this one is: Ollie Wines & his father.

I have spoken to Ollie and asked him a few questions. He said he would be happy and grateful for an opportunity at any club but is desperate to get to the Melbourne Footy Club and is very excited at the prospect of landing here, just loves the Dees. Nice kid, competitive & is a big boy for a midfielder.

Lets hope he gets his wish.

As I stated in another thread Ive also heard Dees are into Mitch Banner & Ben Warren - how true this is, I'm not quite sure.

Cheers,

Hells Gates.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Would be very happy with a Jobe Watson-type.

• Like 3

Hi All.

As of a couple of weeks ago I was told that Ollie Wines was personally told by the club that if he were available the club would definetley pick Ollie up with selection #4.

If he is not available and GWS take all mids then MFC will take O'Rourke and definetley not Brodie Grundy. Which would make sense considering the talls we have drafted and our need for mids.

Not that I like revealing sources as its none of anyones business IMO but the source behind this one is: Ollie Wines & his father.

I have spoken to Ollie and asked him a few questions. He said he would be happy and grateful for an opportunity at any club but is desperate to get to the Melbourne Footy Club and is very excited at the prospect of landing here, just loves the Dees. Nice kid, competitive & is a big boy for a midfielder.

As I stated in another thread Ive also heard Dees are into Mitch Banner & Ben Warren - how true this is, I'm not quite sure.

Cheers,

Hells Gates.

Thanks for that H/G, however I was curious how u are so sure that we would take O"rourke instead of Grundy??

Have u been told this or is it ur opinion.

Hi All.

Cheers,

Hells Gates.

Considering you are the man with all the inside information, do you know if Melbourne are in contact with Ben Jacobs?

What if Grundy is still there (which I think he will)...

Hey Josh, Are you the Josh who contacted me? I tried a couple of times to reply, but couldn't get you address to work.I was raised in Corowa but have lived the last 38 years in Melbourne. Still love the town and get there occasionally.Received a similar question from a poster who lives in Wahgunyah.Cheers

Give me Cheap wine and a three day growth anyday

Iv'e seen this bloke play

"Live"

and Similar to Viney Hunts the ball and is ferocious

Not sure what it is with Viney and Wines BUT they seem to go better when hurt!!

Gotta Love that!

Wines

Wines and

Wines again!!

Does anyone know what Wines combine results were like particularly : for current height, 20 m sprint , kicking test ? Can't find anywhere.

Know he ran a 14-3 Beep, which was 8th overall. O'Rouke ran a 14-4. Our very own Jesse Hogan ran a 14-2.

He didnt feature in any of the lists I saw for 20m sprint or kicking test - then again neither did O'Rourke.

He is 185cm, 85kgs.

O'Rourke currently weighs 78 kgs. Get your facts straight. After his first pre-season he will weigh 80+ kgs. Hardly a skinny kid. He also has some of the best disposal, decision making, and pace in this draft. He plays both inside and outside and has elite endurance. He plays outside more successfully than his teammates due to his superior skills and pace. He also plays inside well, with nearly 40% of his disposals in the recent championships being contested. He's a well rounded midfielder in the Scott Pendlebury mould, and would be a great fit for our list.

The fact he is being made out to be a skinny outside player on here is f*cking mind-boggling. He is a well composed kid, is already performing at a good level and has far more scope for improvement than most others. Whoever gets him is getting a winner.

Well if you're keen on facts, this article written a week ago has him at 75kg.

But what is a few kgs...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149882/default.aspx

yeah lets get O Rourke who weights in at whopping 73 kilos and needs to put on another 15. After all it worked great with Morton and Watts,

Oliver Wines at pick 4, without doubt.

Thankfully Neeld knows what he is doing and wont pass up brute force for a skinny outsider.

I doubt if we will ever see any skinny player however talented in the Neeld era.

Terry Wallet on Trade Radio Just said MFC must take Wines if available. Barrett suspect it could be part of the Hogan done deal.

Wow - Terry "Tiger Development Hero" Wallet says........... Almost puts me off Wines, but not quite. Sounds the goods to me.

Well if you're keen on facts, this article written a week ago has him at 75kg.

But what is a few kgs...

http://www.afl.com.a...82/default.aspx

The AFL website also lists Wines as 85kgs when he is now pushing 90kgs.

It's often inaccurate. Some of the older posters on here might remember how it listed David Neitz over the years. He used to shrink and grow randomly apparently.

Just wondering if anyone knew, I've watched Oliver Wines highlights. He looks good in traffic, doesn't show him kicking it much which makes me worried because i'm not sure what kind of disposal efficiency he has? In relation to Wines how is his speed from congestion and ability to spread. We do need hard bodies, but something that Melbourne really lack in the midfield is players that can break from the pack, have adequate speed. At the moment Jones appears to be the only one which makes me worried as we don't want to pick up another Moloney (strong around the congestion but slow around the ground who isn't able to keep up on the turnover).

Apart from that how come Jono O'rouke doesn't have a highlight real? was really keen to see what kind of player her really was and how good his decision making was but there's nothing around?

Just wondering if anyone knew, I've watched Oliver Wines highlights. He looks good in traffic, doesn't show him kicking it much which makes me worried because i'm not sure what kind of disposal efficiency he has? In relation to Wines how is his speed from congestion and ability to spread. We do need hard bodies, but something that Melbourne really lack in the midfield is players that can break from the pack, have adequate speed. At the moment Jones appears to be the only one which makes me worried as we don't want to pick up another Moloney (strong around the congestion but slow around the ground who isn't able to keep up on the turnover).

Apart from that how come Jono O'rouke doesn't have a highlight real? was really keen to see what kind of player her really was and how good his decision making was but there's nothing around?

Wines' skills are average-good. His best asset is first dibs on the ball and passing off. He doesn't have great break away speed and is better being the first link in the chain, rather than the second link who breaks away.

O'Rourke is exactly what you're describing with speed to break from congestion. He has good pace and his best asset is breaking from a pack and hitting up targets with good skills and decision making. He did have a highlights vid up, but it was taken down a few weeks back for some reason. Macrae's also disappeared for a bit there.

It's up to the Footy Department to pick whether they want to go pure grunt or skill and pace. Would love Toumpas to be available at our pick... but either way we'll hopefully be a winner.

If he gets taken before our pick I will literally cry! I am loving this idea of the Viney/Wines midfield. Two hard edged inside mids whose toughest critics are themselves and they both thrive on outdoing each other in the physicality stakes, please let this happen football god!

• Like 1

I love Wines.

Any time of day.

any day of the week.

• Like 1