Pick 13 - Dawes v Caddy

demon destruction

With the ideal outcome this morning with Viney I am sure we will be on trading at least one of 3,4 or 13. Assuming Wellingham goes to WC and the super trade is off the table who would you prefer for pick 13 - Dawes or Caddy.

Personally I choose Dawes having the 2 key forwards is critical towards our structure and I believe he will be better than this year as long as he is played as a forward not a ruck/forward like the scum attempted to do.

Dawes for me, it's overs but I believe we'll be getting similar benefits as we got from Clark. A ready to go forward to compliment Mitch will help the team more.

I don't think either are worth pick 13, but out of the two i would rather dawes as we will be able to get top notch midfielders in this years draft, caddy has said no to melbourne anyway, we're his last choice!

If we trade pick 3 for 2 in the mini-draft then 13 would have be well and truely off limits! if the deal we get for pick 3 includes pick 20 given by GWS then that would be a far better pick to use on dawes.This would mean Hogan in the mini-draft, pick 4, 13/14, 20(dawes?), 26(viney), pick 45(ray?). We could really come out of this trade period and draft as having the biggest gain by far out of any of the clubs :)

Edited by young dee enthusiast

I like;

Pick 13 & Weller too Hawks.

Ricky Petterd & our 3 rounder too Suns.

Xavier Ellis & Shane Savage too Dees.

It must be a coincidence that in all these hypothetical Melbourne give very little and receive quite a lot.... :P

By the way it's "to" Dees/Suns- not "too." I know it seems insignificant but it really does ruin the sentence.. just so you know..

How about we don't use pick 13 on either of these guys, neither of them are worth that. I'd much prefer say Kennedy or Stringer at pick 13 in the draft, and I have faith that we can get Dawes without parting with a pick this high.

Can't agree there. The guy is studying a law degree while playing afl footy. That says to me he's smart, committed, hard working and has foresight. Doesn't sound like poor culture to me.

Pretty sure he said Caddy was a culture damager, and he is right. The guy is a [censored] and apparently many of the GC guys, Ablett especially, are happy to be rid of him.

• Like 1

like tournpass Caddy to me is unknown. would rather have that Jessie Hogan lad

imagine round one

Viney and Jones in the guts with Jamar/Clark(fwd) ruck duties , Dawes and Hogan down forward . may have to revise my 13th prediction to 8-11th if this keeps up. throw in Weller and Byrnes not to mention an injury free Sylvia! Looking good dudes!!

like tournpass Caddy to me is unknown. would rather have that Jessie Hogan lad

imagine round one

Viney and Jones in the guts with Jamar/Clark(fwd) ruck duties , Dawes and Hogan down forward . may have to revise my 13th prediction to 8-11th if this keeps up. throw in Weller and Byrnes not to mention an injury free Sylvia! Looking good dudes!!

Hogan cannot play for 12 months as he is only 17

Dawes.

I know a player who plays for the Suns and he informs me that Caddy has a massive attitude problem and the playing group are quite happy to see the back of him.

Unless Neeld can stamp it out, Dawes all the way for me. Plus i think we need another big boy lurking round the forward line to give Clark a chop out.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

Caddy's brother Saul got kicked out of our footy club mid year a couple of years ago for busted for drugs and leading younger players astray. I too have heard caddys attitude is worry.

I think we should just focus on Dawes and pick up Wines who is a similar player but a mature head.

I like;

Pick 13 & Weller too Hawks.

Ricky Petterd & our 3 rounder too Suns.

Xavier Ellis & Shane Savage too Dees.

That all looks too too too much.

Hopefully we can keep pick 13 for another good draft pick, trade 45 for Ray and use compo for Maloney or Rivers for Dawes, though if our luck is still with us maybe we can traded someone for Dawes or Ray thereby preserving these other draft picks. Now that would be a bonza draft.

Pretty sure he said Caddy was a culture damager, and he is right. The guy is a [censored] and apparently many of the GC guys, Ablett especially, are happy to be rid of him.

Many of us prise the "Sydney culture", one tenet of which is "no [censored]". Sounds as if Caddy may be one....dunno really but there is a lot of talk to that effect.

Hopefully we can keep pick 13 for another good draft pick, trade 45 for Ray and use compo forMaloney or Rivers for Dawes, though if our luck is still with us maybe we can traded someone for Dawes or Ray thereby preserving these other draft picks. Now that would be a bonza draft.

Do we get any comp for UFA Maoloney? (And at least with him gone we won't have to put up with the continuing mis-spelling much longer). Edited by monoccular