Plumbing the depths of journalism

Chelly

Greg Denham is an irrelevant piece of sh!t!!! Nobody listens/reads his rubbish so he needs to come up with these ridiculous rumors to make himself feel good. The lowest form of journalist.

I also sent a letter to the Australian/ SEN to have him dropped. Not that it will happen but it made me feel vindicated ;)

If Denham is in fact involved in a vendetta against our club because of his hatred of Cameron Schwab or the current board then he has an ethical problem that needs to be dealt with by his editors and himself. If there is a conflict of interest which is colouring the way he presents news and opinion it does him and his newspaper no good whatsoever. The example in the OP has made him look like an idiot.

Not sure appealing to the editorial staff of the Oz on the grounds of conflict of interest would have any effect at all. They struggle to spell the word ethics let alone understand the concept of conflict of interest.

Maybe Cam Schwab is left handed and this has come to to the attention of Chris Mitchell and Denahm is just doing his editor's bidding.

Or.. Denham is still bitter that Mitch Clark is a Demon not a Docker.

Never writes or says anything positive about the Dees.

I have an idea. Why not go direct to his boss Rupert Murdoch who was once the # 1 ticket holder at the Melbourne Football Club. I reckon Rupert and the Murdoch clan would be all over journalistic ethics these days.

I didn't know old Rupert was a Demon.

Surely we could get him to buy us the G forever, wiretap all the other clubs trade info , rort the system and win.

Somebody call him.

• Like 2

Just did some Googling and found out that Rupert gave us four Ford Falcons which we sold to get Jimmy and Sean Wight in the Eighties.

Wow.

cant believe he has outlived both of them also.

• Like 3

No doubt the reason behind his continual efforts to undermine the MFC revolve around some problem he has with CS. Its probably over 12 months ago now but I put it in the memory bank. In answer to one of KB's baiting questions on why he hates the Melbourne football club he made a veiled reference to lying or dishonest CEO. Now he has been caught making up stories & I hope next time he is on SEN he cops plenty

You are spot on, I heard the same thing. He continues to make underhand comments about the club and it's about time he came out and put it all on the table. This is not about venom it's about vendetta and it's personal. Our club deserves to be grilled for it's poor performance not victimised because of a personal issue.

I didn't know old Rupert was a Demon.

Surely we could get him to buy us the G forever, wiretap all the other clubs trade info , rort the system and win.

Somebody call him.

How have we not exploited this? I have a vague recollection of reading about a hypothetical situation: if he dropped $100, it wouldn't be worth his time (in $ per second) to pick it up. Somebody bump into him and make him drop his wallet - it will bankroll this club for a decade.

Are we happy to be the Melbourne Foxes? The tenor of MFC news stories would change overnight.

Also, I'm not happy with the title of this thread, as I find it denigrates the good name of plumbers everywhere: the men who provide us all with a valuable service. To link them to Denham is an outrage.

How have we not exploited this? I have a vague recollection of reading about a hypothetical situation: if he dropped $100, it wouldn't be worth his time (in $ per second) to pick it up. Somebody bump into him and make him drop his wallet - it will bankroll this club for a decade.

Are we happy to be the Melbourne Foxes? The tenor of MFC news stories would change overnight.

Also, I'm not happy with the title of this thread, as I find it denigrates the good name of plumbers everywhere: the men who provide us all with a valuable service. To link them to Denham is an outrage.

Greg Denham is a bottom feeder.

Plumbers help people dispose of crap.

Journos like him fling it around for a living.

A good plumber can make about $800 a day just "going through the motions".

Denham writes like a J1. About $800 a week would be too much to pay .

• Like 1

Greg Denham is a bottom feeder.

Plumbers help people dispose of crap.

Journos like him fling it around for a living.

A good plumber can make about $800 a day just "going through the motions".

Denham writes like a J1. About $800 a week would be too much to pay .

I just looked up the etymology of 'plumbing the depths' and I found that I was incorrect to associate it with the noble art of plumbing. The phrase refers to dropping a 'plumb line' below ships to establish the depth of water.

So Denham has provided me with a valuable and verifiable piece of information. Indirectly, yes, but credit where credit is due.

• Like 2

Just did some Googling and found out that Rupert gave us four Ford Falcons which we sold to get Jimmy and Sean Wight in the Eighties.

Wow.

cant believe he has outlived both of them also.

Only the good die young!

CS has a dirty reputation out west from his time at Fremantle - plenty of 'Gropers dislike him. Denham is a West Aussie, a West Coast Ducks fan, but with contacts in WA footy. Most probably Denham's animosity started with Schwab's time at the Dockers. Coincidentally, Denham was a big fan of Melbourne as recently as the start of the 2007 season, when he tipped Melbourne for the flag. CS came on board in 2008 and ever since then Denham has been stabbing Melbourne.

Just can't bring myself to consider Denham a football journalist (someone who is knowledgeable, researches, informed, unbiased); a role I respect a lot. Can't even credit him with being a football reporter (someone who tells it as it is using facts) ie worth listening to in moderation. At very best, at a stretch he would be a football commentator (speaks waffle, waffle, waffle), ie to be totally ignored! If there was a lower level of media classification he would qualify...maybe he just shouldn't be in the media at all! Discredits himself and the good name of journalism!

you were going well, really well, headed for the flag in fact , but stumbled on your last five words.
  • Like 1

Day after day that fool Denham of the Australian gets it wrong when it comes to Melbourne -

Giants hang on to young ruckman

Meanwhile, Melbourne seems certain to have to use its first selection in next month's national draft -- No 3 overall -- to secure teenager Jack Viney under the father-son rule on Monday because of the increasing likelihood that Gold Coast, with the second pick, will also bid for him.

Mark Seaby, Jesse White likely to be shown the door as Swans pursue Kurt Tippett

The Demons appear certain to have to give up the overall third selection in the draft for Viney, while Essendon will have to use its first selection at No 10.

Another epic fail.

• Like 3

He is just a Tool!

I don't listen to SEN while he is at the microphone.

So much BS that dribbles from his mouth.

No substance to anything he says.

• Like 1