On the Couch - Brock talks about 'tanking'

jumbo returns

Are they really? they are pretenders in reality. we are pretenders in our minds.

They were premiership favourites at the time.

Incidentally, I watched the programme tonight in replay and the whole thing was clearly a set up. It was even promoted beforehand that they were going to whack Melbourne. McLean was used big time.

The scandalous part of the whole thing is the failure of the people on the show who pass for journalists to ask McLean why, if he was so principled on the issue, did he go to a club that had tanking down pat the year before Melbourne was supposed to have tanked.

• Like 2

Brian Taylor has called for MFC to wound up and thrown out of competition if found guilty...... biggest [censored] in the media.

I seriously can't get over what a dog Brock is.

I call on everyone on Twitter to let @dirty14 know just what a dirty dog we think he is.

Incidentally, I watched the programme tonight in replay and the whole thing was clearly a set up. It was even promoted beforehand that they were going to whack Melbourne. McLean was used big time.

The scandalous part of the whole thing is the failure of the people on the show who pass for journalists to ask McLean why, if he was so principled on the issue, did he go to a club that had tanking down pat the year before Melbourne was supposed to have tanked.

Why, do you think? Must be a reason.

Whose beef is it? Who benefits? Who loses?

Will be interesting to watch this stoush play out.

Edited by Range Rover

And to think that there were some here who actually thought it could be a good idea to get this greedy, bitter, twisted, slow [censored] back to the club.

Move on people

Ist point I agree

2nd point I agree

3rd point. something has to be done.

Dimitriou / AFL agenda: prop up the new franchise clubs, again, at the expense of the only club that could threaten their first draft picks, and who have a good F&S prospect that they could get cheaply, and furthermore who will more than likely just roll over and take it.

If you get the impression that I am becoming cynical and pessimistic, you are right.

Nearly had enough after barracking for, and supporting the club since the early 1950s.

Edited by monoccular

After watching it all I can say is what a lightweight set-up of an interview. No hard questions of McLean on his 'principled' decision to go to Carlton or his ordinary behaviour and output as a Demon or the $100,000's less MFC offered to him against the Carlton offer. I hope we pay him back is 10k (I'd chip in), I'm embarassed for him.

Edited by diesel

Dimitriou / AFL agenda: prop up the new franchise clubs, again, at the expense of the only club that could threaten their first draft picks, and who have a good F&S prospect that they could get cheaply, and furthermore who will more than likely just roll over and take it.

If you get the impression that I am becoming cynical and pessimistic, you are right.

Nearly had enough after barracking for, and supporting the club since the early 1950s.

If we opt to roll over and take it and not do what we should - which is kick up the mother of all stinks and try to drag everyone else into the mire - then we'll have to storm the MFC offices and drag Schwab and McLardy out ourselves.

There wil be no other option for us if the AFL go us.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

So if the AFL do decide after "investigating" that there will be sanction, McLardy and Cs have a great opportunity to show us they are leaders. I read about all the great work CS has done off the field - I am just not well informed enough about that to have an opinion...

But I do remember Whiteboard Wednesdays and I do remember being "told" by CS that getting high draft picks was the way to premiership success... and I've read all the stuff about the player "revolt" before 186, and the reported dramatic changes in who-will-be-sacked. Most of us on D'Land are going on a mixture of emotion, what we've read in the rags and gut feeling - some, I suspect, are well informed but can't say anything about those events. There's been a view about that there's "no point" in raking over all of that stuff, "what would the Club tell us anyway", "don't wash the dirty linen in public" - but one possible finding here is that the Board/CEO influenced the football department to play in a way that the players didn't like (and that the coach didn't like).

If that's the case, then we're done - I know other clubs have tanked - this isn't about justice or fairness... this is about a club that is perceived as weak and "stand-for-nothing" (witness Neeld's 3/4 time address against North "It's about time this Club stood for something"). It's about an administration who believed their own press; it's about failure.

If indeed that's the case, then I fear we're cooked - and the administration will share a fair percentage of the blame.

I would love to know the facts.

Go Dees

Controversy sucks people in and this one has certainly created a stir.

No doubt it was set up. The promo for Episode 24 read like this:

Episode 24: ... and Mike takes aim at the "irrelevant" Demons.

However, when they were discussing Melbourne, it was Roos who used the words, "the worst thing you could say about Melbourne is that they're an irrelevant team".

Clearly, the entire discussion was a set up and I agree with WJ. Brock was set up and led right into the middle of the controversy by Sheahan to be the patsy and I'm sure he's wishing he would have shut his trap by now.

However, when they were discussing Melbourne, it was Roos who used the words, "the worst thing you could say about Melbourne is that they're an irrelevant team".

Clearly, the entire discussion was a set up and I agree with WJ. Brock was set up and led right into the middle of the controversy by Sheahan to be the patsy and I'm sure he's wishing he would have shut his trap by now.

Do Sheahan and Schwab have history do they? Seems about as blatant and staged an attack as you can get.

Do Sheahan and Schwab have history do they? Seems about as blatant and staged an attack as you can get.

Theres certainly somethiing in the air isnt there. In itself it just isnt worth the ink its being given, its a trojan horse for someones beef.

If he was they knew he would fall for it, there was no other reason to have him on the show. He is not a star of the game or big player off the field. Why else would they have him. I've written earlier that I think he was in on it at the start, if he wasn't then they sure knew they would get a bite and set the bait early.

All this media hype smacks of agenda...... It's all very similar to the Scully fiasco....

Justifying why GWS (AFL angels, god bless them) nominate to take Viney with their first pick...... Hmmmmm justice......

On SEN, KB came out firing on this issue(AFL directive)...... When Smith look like losing the argument, they change the subject..... There where supporters from other clubs, siding with us today......

MFC should sue "on the coach" for defamation!!

Theres certainly somethiing in the air isnt there. In itself it just isnt worth the ink its being given, its a trojan horse for someones beef.

I can't help but think that a few disaffected elements within the playing group might be involved somehow.

There are some unhappy chappies on the list who won't be around in 2013. Holdovers from 186 with an axe to grind.

They seem to have found an ally in Sheahan.

I can't help but think that a few disaffected elements within the playing group might be involved somehow.

There are some unhappy chappies on the list who won't be around in 2013. Holdovers from 186 with an axe to grind.

Well theres nothing like a disgruntled/disenchanted sportsman to provide a channel of 'commuincation' to readily listening media.

The sooner the Dees have a clean out the better.

• Like 1

Hint, more than few. Should we buy the remnants out GWS when they fail as a replacement?