• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

On the Couch - Brock talks about 'tanking'

jumbo returns

I had many arguments with some here at the time, but I still maintain the dumbest thing Bailey did was to sack Junior - particularly in the way he did.

This had absolutely nothing to do with tanking. Rather, it had all to do with poor judgement, just like so many of the other decisions and approaches adopted during that period.

If that was the dumbest thing then Bailey really paid a high price for 186.

Given what has transpired at the Club over the past 5 years, the previous head of the FD and CEO must have had their hands all over this as well.

Its easy to scapegoat one person when the truth is unknown.

And Roos saying we are an irrelevant club??

Well MFC are doing their best to be one.

Schwab hasn't broken any rules as far as I am aware of .

"Tanking" is an issue that really concerns betting .

As a club we are paying our bills and have a new home ,our seconds sit atop the ladder and we have a bright future.CS has done a terrific job for the club and may not be macho enough for some people but he presents an articulate and intelligent corporate face for our club .

His admin did back in 1999 costing us draft picks and fines, from Demonwiki

"Off-field the club was hit with $600,000 in fines after voluntarily admitting salary cap violations over the preceding years. $250,000 was suspended on the condition that the club not be involved in any serious breaches fof five years. Joseph Gutnick had called for an enquiry on March 1 and admitted that the Demons excess payments would be more than $800,000.

Melbourne were forced to hand their first pick in the 1999 National Draft to Fremantle as compensation for taking Jeff White with the tainted money, and they lost the first three picks of the 2000 Draft as well. They later got back their first pick in 2000."

His admin did back in 1999 costing us draft picks and fines, from Demonwiki

"Off-field the club was hit with $600,000 in fines after voluntarily admitting salary cap violations over the preceding years. $250,000 was suspended on the condition that the club not be involved in any serious breaches fof five years. Joseph Gutnick had called for an enquiry on March 1 and admitted that the Demons excess payments would be more than $800,000.

Melbourne were forced to hand their first pick in the 1999 National Draft to Fremantle as compensation for taking Jeff White with the tainted money, and they lost the first three picks of the 2000 Draft as well. They later got back their first pick in 2000."

Handled pretty well then-even by your own account .

Handled pretty well then-even by your own account .

How? he resigned and took a payout. We were left down 2 draft picks that still cost us (where are those senior players we lack, they were coming from the 2000 draft) a massive loss that year plus a fine.

Look- it's pretty clear some of you dont like Schwab or Neeld for your own reasons.

Nobody is stopping you running up against them or the McLardy board.

Go for it-do your best .

You may be laughed out of town but at least you will have had a go and you will know you don't have the support.

Otherwise-divisiveness does nothing for the club so get On the Bus or shut up.

Look- it's pretty clear some of you dont like Schwab or Neeld for your own reasons.

Go for it-do your best .

You may be laughed out of town but at least you will have had a go and you will know you don't have the support.

So Bif in your view is there ever a point were members should not "get on the Bus"?

Because the way you describe it the people running a club should never be queried.

Interested in your thoughts.

So Bif in your view is there ever a point were members should not "get on the Bus"?

Because the way you describe it the people running a club should never be queried.

Interested in your thoughts.

I think if we dont see finals action in 2014 then the current admin should be changed.

Neeld needs 3 years at the helm with total support.

• Like 2

Bit early for Sammy Blease BH. Has just started playing consistently this year (which is still not true of Strauss and Gys). If he was surrounded by better players to learn from he could be anything. Think about how everyone kicked Lewis Jetta for a few years and now look at him.

I'm happy to make the call that there were better players for a top 20 draft pick than Blease and I've named a couple. I could have added Hannebery and others.

Blease may play 150 games for the club, but I don't see a top 20 draft pick. I don't see a player that will ever be as good, or as consistent as Beams, Sidebottom, Rockliff, etc. You're welcome to retain your hope and blue sky theory. I don't.

Good grief.

Supporters have committed $5.5million as a huge leap of faith in Stynes and the Board and have been subject to off field keystone cops and on field disaster.

They have been sold a huge lemon and have every right to be upset with the current admin.

The lack of alternative should in no way remove the right to reasonably question the capability and competence of those in charge.

I think if we dont see finals action in 2014 then the current admin should be changed.

You can keep your head in the sand for that long?

If Neeld fails then many of the Board should follow him out.

Go for it-do your best .

Sorry mate but that sort of statement adds nothing. I have a right to my opinion as do you, I also have a right to be critical of things that I don't think are working even though you may not like it.

For what it's worth I like Neeld but I think Schwab causes divisiveness and problems where ever he has been (Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle). I don't think Neeld will get a clear run at it until the broom has swept clean.

I don't think we have the right people in charge of the club at admin level, this doesn't mean that I think I would do a better job, I don't have that skill set but I do think there are people better placed to run the club going forward and I see it as critical we get it sorted. Personally I would love to have someone like Brian Cook at the club although he seems pretty well tied up with the Cats. There are some good people out there and the AFL has proven to be a recruiting ground for other sports administrators around the country.

We will never be a strong club until we build a strong leadership group from the top down.

Sorry mate but that sort of statement adds nothing. I have a right to my opinion as do you, I also have a right to be critical of things that I don't think are working even though you may not like it.

For what it's worth I like Neeld but I think Schwab causes divisiveness and problems where ever he has been (Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle). I don't think Neeld will get a clear run at it until the broom has swept clean.

I don't think we have the right people in charge of the club at admin level, this doesn't mean that I think I would do a better job, I don't have that skill set but I do think there are people better placed to run the club going forward and I see it as critical we get it sorted. Personally I would love to have someone like Brian Cook at the club although he seems pretty well tied up with the Cats. There are some good people out there and the AFL has proven to be a recruiting ground for other sports administrators around the country.

We will never be a strong club until we build a strong leadership group from the top down.

Sure mate-we all have the right to say our piece.

It's just that if a dissenting view cannot offer up an alternative that is logical then it doesn't help us.

Sure-make criticism if you want but give it till 2014 before trying to make change OFF the ground .

Sacking players happens every year-they get their opportunities to prove their ability and if they dont make it they go.

I'm not happy with our midfield coach off the ground but that's about it.

On the ground I think we need 10 changes to the list .

One of the myriad of reasons Cameron Schwab should get the lemonade and sass....... this was his blue print - and he had a masssive influence on both tanking and the recruiting strategy of outside runners instead of the footballers (like geelong and collingwood) - also overseen appointment of last two lemmings (aka coaches).

Which two coaches is that? Considering that he returned to Melbourne in August 2008, halfway through Bailey's first season. Still, don't let the truth get in the way of a witch-hunt.

• Like 1

Just so I am clear are you advocating a spill at the board level? or moving on people like Schwab etc?

My view is a little shorter than that Biffen

If by this time next year there is not significant improvement then This lot should be removed.

What is significant improvement?

8 wins, we are never going to play finals in 2014 with this list.

Without out improvement in 2013 there will be no MFC to speak of by 2014.

I don't see a player that will ever be as good, or as consistent as Beams, Sidebottom, Rockliff, etc. You're welcome to retain your hope and blue sky theory. I don't.

Not wanting to get off topic but it's a lot easier to play in a midfield with a hard working Brownlow medallist, Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas (and 2+ other quality 100 game players) than to play alongside Nathan Jones and the latest from Casey.

Let's not turn every thread into an excuse to kick our future shall we.

Funny how Melbourne is in such dire need of midfield help.

1. Drafted Scully through losing on purpose

2. Lost Brock because we lost on purpose

3. Lost Scully

Kharma is a BIATCH!

Not wanting to get off topic but it's a lot easier to play in a midfield with a hard working Brownlow medallist, Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas (and 2+ other quality 100 game players) than to play alongside Nathan Jones and the latest from Casey.

I have no confidence we have one.

The score board has told me almost ever week this year and a large part of 2011 that we have the worst list in the league.

Not sure what "future" you are talking about.

I've always been a bit of a Schwab fan, but there's seems little doubt that he's meddled too much in footy matters. I suspect it stems from his background as football manager at both Richmond and Melbourne during his extensive career.

Since he was first appointed at Melbourne in 1982, some 30 years ago, he's only been out of football in two of those years. Interestingly he has the inglorious record of only being involved at clubs three times when they've played finals. He always seems to go to clubs that are near the bottom and wanting to change their fortunes.

At least he can nearly always get away in September.

3. Lost Scully

Kharma is a BIATCH!

Where do our compensation picks and the fact that Scully looks to be far less of a player than hoped for fit into your karma schematic?

Some people are very short-sighted.

Just accept I don't agree with you. I'm not kicking our future, I'm lamenting our past and our inability to make opportunities count on draft day. Even in juniors at Eastern Ranges he was a low possession player.

Blease, Cook, Gysberts, Strauss, Tapscott were ordinary returns for the quality picks we held. Add Bate and Dunn and I'm getting a little sick of the club stuffing up our future.

I accept you disagree, so no need to reply.

I have no confidence we have one.

The score board has told me almost ever week this year and a large part of 2011 that we have the worst list in the league.

Not sure what "future" you are talking about.

If thats how you feel then please stop following the MFC. That way you won't get to bask in the glory of Watts, Howe, Clark, Jones, Trengove, Grimes, McDonald, Blease, Viney, Frawley et al.

If thats how you feel then please stop following the MFC. That way you won't get to bask in the glory of Watts, Howe, Clark, Jones, Trengove, Grimes, McDonald, Blease, Viney, Frawley et al.

Oh so you are advocating that anyone who disagrees should resign as a member.

That will do wonders for the membership numbers.

I have been a member of the MFC for a very long time and I will be until either I am pushing up daises Or the MFC is amalgamated with GCS.

Maybe I am just plain stupid but as a member I have a view and I will put it forward.

You take my money you get my view.

• Like 2

Just so I am clear are you advocating a spill at the board level? or moving on people like Schwab etc?

I think Schwab should go definitely, don't know enough about the board but they have been caught napping a few times and need a good hard look.

• Like 1

3. Lost Scully

Kharma is a BIATCH!

Except that tanking didn't get us Scully. We would have taken him anyway. Tanking (making sure we won no more than four games in 2009) got us the additional pick, Trengove.

Which two coaches is that? Considering that he returned to Melbourne in August 2008, halfway through Bailey's first season. Still, don't let the truth get in the way of a witch-hunt.

He did re appoint him, didn't he?