Ricky Petterd

Guest KingDingAling

Guest KingDingAling

Even on leauge teams they want to know why Ricky Pettard can't get a game!

Dermie thinks he is ultra talented.

Whats the go with Ricky P?

People are still holding on to his 5 goals against Collingwood and his 18 tackles inside forward 50 (or whatever insane number it was). I wish he was still doing those kinds of things, but I don't think his fitness is anywhere near what it needs to be for those kind of results to happen.

It all does seem a trifle odd doesnt it.. One of the golden boys has lost his lustre

He has been recovering from an injury recently. And therefore easing into it at Casey. He really hasn't shown anything this year. I wonder if he will be a causality of the new game plan

There were rumors a few weeks ago that he was out on the town and got in a fight a few weeks ago. Hope it wasn't true.

When he resigned and didn't head home back up to QLD i was rapt. But this year either due to fitness, game plan, form and other reasons, he is one man i am missing in that forward line. Still remember the excitement he brought in round 1 against Sydney when he truly was the super-sub in the 4th qtr!

People are still holding on to his 5 goals against Collingwood and his 18 tackles inside forward 50 (or whatever insane number it was). I wish he was still doing those kinds of things, but I don't think his fitness is anywhere near what it needs to be for those kind of results to happen.

I find myself wondering how many good games he has played over his career. I suspect if not for the life-threatening injury he sustained, there would be as many calling for him to be delisted as there are for Bate & Dunne

• Like 1

Ricky is one of my sons and I best players, Infact my son wears no.15 on his back.

Rick is an ultra talented player, who seems a little heavy to me this year,not running on top of the ground like he can.

Maybe he is getting over some niggling injuries, and hasn't gained full fitness as a result.

When he first started with us he was a half back and read the play really well.

I'd love to see him tried in this role again.

• Like 2

If Petterd is Ultra Talented © then how does he rate Swan and Ablett?

Universally talented?

Mythically talented?

Swan and Ablett are champions, Ricky isn't a champion yet.

Brereton calling Petterd "ultra-talented" just shows how full of hyperbole he is.

Maybe he can [censored] in the ears of his GWS mates. Never know, could be the beginning of a decent trade scenario.

Brereton was an infinitely better footballer than he is media commentator now. I cringe when I hear his 'special' comments.

I think people should take what he says with a grain o salt.

However, it is disappointing to see RP not on the park developing as we had hoped. Remember the widespread relief when he re-signed and didn't go to GCS? Too much talent to stay in the magoos for long. He'll be back.

Edited by Moonshadow

As I recall he did OK at Casey late last season in the midfield...maybe his fitness isn't up to the required standard of Neeld and Missen, and if so good luck to them. Standards need to be set.

He seems....fat this year? No muscle definition and quite top heavy, dunno why to be honest. Must be very frustrating for him to be honest. I want to see him, Cook and Strauss be in the team this week, rather than be emergencies!

Guest KingDingAling

He seems....fat this year? No muscle definition and quite top heavy, dunno why to be honest. Must be very frustrating for him to be honest. I want to see him, Cook and Strauss be in the team this week, rather than be emergencies!

Jack Trengove board.

• Like 1

I have a feeling you're not being honest.

Universally talented?

Mythically talented?

You often rabbit (not sure if that's the right word/spelling for this context, but regardless) on about posters setting up a blog and turning the comments off.

I'd love to read your blog.

• Like 1

Guest Jackie

He's going the way of Newton. If their best career highlights were condensed into 30 minute videos, watching the first ten minutes would give the impression they are superstars but the following 20 minutes confirms the total opposite.

Edited by Jackie
  • Like 1

Universally talented?

Mythically talented?

They are talent that have become stars.

Ricky, at the moment, is talent that is struggling at Casey. We've seen what he can do, it's bloody well there. 2010 he was one of our best players until he got his season ending shoulder, I think he is one that is struggling to come to terms with the Neeld style. I also think he's one that can't get into a game playing at VFL level. I hope he can, I really like him, early 2010 I saw him becoming our Stevie Johnson type player.

Old may be right. If you canter crack it for a game currently ....then when !

Ricky's game against Hawthorn was one of the worst individual displays I've seen this season and I say "indivdiual" deliberately because that was how he played.

If he hasn't demonstrated consistency in his game and keeping in mind he has had injuries as well then so be it that he is not getting a game.

He is a talented footballer and his agro would be welcome so hopefully he's back up soon.