Changes for GWS

Jesse Christ

Changes for GWS following the bye-

Out- Morton, Green

In- Cook, Gysberts

Morton out because his turnovers are akin to having an extra opponent. Momentum killer

Green out because like his mate Davey, just looks like he is past it

Cook comes in because there has been no better time, he has momentum at Casey and GWS will be a good introduction

Gysberts comes in because we lack midfield class and he lacks AFL experience. Fitness maybe an issue but sub him out if need be

Would love to see Couch come in but it's hard to drop Moloney or Sylvia because it would mean they get 2 weeks off. I am confused with what to do with these two. They need consecutive games to get them out of their funk

Prob too early for gysy, not sure that he is off the injury list with his busted jaw?

COncidering we have been putting our tall defenders in as crash forwards, lets give cookie a go, he is currently playing as a forward and ding well at casey.

Tappy will be out more than likely, so give Davis a go, i liked what i saw early on.

I would leave greeny in on account of he took some great marks, he has had a bad run so far, perhaps he can find some stability.

Apart from that, Morto wasn't great, but still better than last year. perhaps another run on a bottom side might give him a bit of confidence... though we said this last year also...

Was kind of hoping Tapscott would be available for GWS...

Just on Green, his best year netted ~60 goals. If he is to be what we expect from him it's more likely a 30-40 goals a year player. But no longer is this the case with him. No doubt his kicking for goal is no where near where it used to be, particularly set shots.

He's played 247 games to date. He will play some more before the year is out.

Such was the confidence in his kicking if you gave him 10 kicks at goal 40m out on a 45 degree angle 3 or 4 years ago - even two years ago you would back him to kick 8-9 goals. Now, I wouldn't have the confidence in him kicking 5/10.

May seem harsh, but when he lined up twice on Monday, I just thought "I can't back him in here"

\

it is sad, becasue as you've all said he used to be a dead eye

Green used to kick for goal as good as anybody. Now, his concersion rate would be lucky to be at around 50%.

I can possibly understand this for 40-50m kicks, as he may be compensating accuracy for the extra distance (is harder to kick at distance as you age and the body tires).

However, he has many shots from 20-30m out which any person who has at least some experience kicking an AFL footy should be able to slot.

In light of recent events I'm going to revise my ins and outs;

Out- Green, Tapscott

In- Gysberts, Cook

Morton gets a chance at retribution. Apart from his costly turnovers he was turning a corner. I want to see if the Neeld spray resonated with him and if he can hold his nerve against an up-start team.

Does anybody think that Green will be with us next year? I can't see him being retained. Already a shadow of his former self- love the guy and kudos to the courage but the body is flailing and it just isn't going to be able to go through this one more time.

Couch for Tapscott.

Maybe Petterd for Green.

I would really like us to run into some form and let Green find some form but I don't know whether his perfomances are worth it. He missed gettable chances but at least he found the footy...

We will see.

It's probably about time to give Cook a run against kids around his own age. We have been pinch hitting in the forward line with Rivers and Garland anyway so let's see if he can stand up. Let Garland take Cornes as a defensive forward. Couch deserves a run and with Petterd still carrying and injury and Gysberts only just back from injury then maybe he is the one to come in from Tappy although they may also choose Tynan in a similar role (playing forward and back).

Couch for Tapscott.

Maybe Petterd for Green.

I would really like us to run into some form and let Green find some form but I don't know whether his perfomances are worth it. He missed gettable chances but at least he found the footy...

We will see.

may as well have Cook for Green, couldn't be any worse and being against gws could be an "easier" debut

P.S. Petterd is injured

Edited by daisycutter

may as well have Cook for Green, couldn't be any worse and being against gws could be an "easier" debut

P.S. Petterd is injured

Right!

Maybe Cook then...

Bate I guess.

It's amazing my care factor is so low...

Right!

Maybe Cook then...

Bate I guess.

It's amazing my care factor is so low...

Spot on rpfc I have been thinking that since monday.

But Have not said it because I will be yelled at for being negative.

Welcome to the club, at this point what difference will it make?

• Like 1

RPFC: "my care factor is so low"

OD: "what difference will it make"

I've got no idea what either of you mean

You don't care if we win against gws?

You don't care if Green is dropped or not?

You don't care if a new kid who has done well at Casey debuts?

Why post on this thread then?

• Like 1

Indeed. Why even waste your time on the biggest MFC footy forum if you don't even care if we win or not?

I knew it DC before I agreed with rpfc I could guarantee the result.

Now I think this is what I was agreeing to, rpfc may or not side with me.

The thread is about "changes for the GWS game"

rpfc made the observation that he was amazed how low his care factor was.

I assume he meant that he was having trouble caring who was in or who was out.

I agreed ten days out I am having trouble caring who is dropped and who is included.

Happy with that?

Probably not however to answer your questions

"what difference will it make"? Based on the last 11 weeks the inns and outs seem to have meant very little to the result in the following game. I doubt dropping Green and replacing him with bate will make little difference

You don't care if we win against gws? - yes I care

You don't care if Green is dropped or not?- No I don't care

You don't care if a new kid who has done well at Casey debuts? Based on the past 11 weeks he will not get a run.

Why post on this thread? Because I like discussions with the majority of people on Demonland.

• Like 2

Indeed. Why even waste your time on the biggest MFC footy forum if you don't even care if we win or not?

Take a breath Chook show me where it said I did not care if we win or not?

The thread is about "changes to the team for the GWS game"

See my comment above.

Considering Gysberts is playing in the development league this week i seriously doubt he would be jumping into the seniors a week later.

I also doubt it, but are Casey 1s playing this week? IF he has a real burner, then a leapfrog wouldn't be out of the question.

People have got to be kidding wanting to see Bartrim back in the team. The guy has the worst disposal which is not up to AFL standard. What a backward step bringing him back in. Strauss is clearly a better option and should always be picked ahead of that dud.

I knew it DC before I agreed with rpfc I could guarantee the result.

Now I think this is what I was agreeing to, rpfc may or not side with me.

The thread is about "changes for the GWS game"

rpfc made the observation that he was amazed how low his care factor was.

I assume he meant that he was having trouble caring who was in or who was out.

I agreed ten days out I am having trouble caring who is dropped and who is included.

Happy with that?

Probably not however to answer your questions

"what difference will it make"? Based on the last 11 weeks the inns and outs seem to have meant very little to the result in the following game. I doubt dropping Green and replacing him with bate will make little difference

You don't care if we win against gws? - yes I care

You don't care if Green is dropped or not?- No I don't care

You don't care if a new kid who has done well at Casey debuts? Based on the past 11 weeks he will not get a run.

Why post on this thread? Because I like discussions with the majority of people on Demonland.

^ What he said.

Just like seeing myself type...

People have got to be kidding wanting to see Bartrim back in the team. The guy has the worst disposal which is not up to AFL standard. What a backward step bringing him back in. Strauss is clearly a better option and should always be picked ahead of that dud.

Collingwood kicked about four goals off the deck against us last week. Whatever Bartram's deficiencies are, he would have probably stopped at least 3 of those.
  • Like 1

I concur- Strauss should be picked ahead of Batrim. Because one is on our list and one is a ficticious character made up in your muppet brain.

I have a problem with triers being called duds. You are not a dud if you give your all. Batram gives 100% everytime he crosses that white line. We would be better off with more players with the same attitude.

• Like 1

OUT: T $cully...Gereral Soreness and apathy.

I had thought the same, but now I tend to disagree as I get the feeling Sheedy will be wanting to humiliate us and he will want the best on the park.