• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for GWS

Jesse Christ

Barring uncontrollable injuries and/or suspensions....

OUT: Nicholson, Morton, Sellar

IN: Martin, Couch, Davey

Green is gradually finding touch, give him a chance.

Davey was good for a half til subbed due to being an emergency by all reports.

Nicholson horrible today.

Morton and Sellar just didn't provide any positives.

I don't give a stuff about the "one paced" midfield argument, Couch deserves a game, we're being smashed by 10+ goals every week (bar one), what have we got to lose by giving the guy a well earned chance?!

Didn't Green have two opportunities to bring the team within 18 points? Failed both times. Disappointing. And sprayed another if I remember correctly. I definitely think he has worth though at these times. But the game has certainly passed him by.

FB: Garland Frawley Nicholson

HB: Tapscott Sellar Rivers

C: Bail Jones Couch

HF: Trengove Cook Howe

FF: Blease Clark Sylvia

Foll: Jamar McKenzie Grimes

Int: Martin, Watts Moloney

S: Magner

IN: Cook (Garland and Rivers forward! please! leave our backmen where they belong and develop this guy), Martin (get him back and in form), Bail (over his injury), Couch (deserves to play)

OUT: McDonald (like the kid but we've got 3 better key defenders and I want to see him play CHF for Casey), Green (inj/finished), Morton (no commitment), Dunn (simply not worth the effort)

Barring uncontrollable injuries and/or suspensions....

OUT: Nicholson, Morton, Sellar

IN: Martin, Couch, Davey

Green is gradually finding touch, give him a chance.

Davey was good for a half til subbed due to being an emergency by all reports.

Nicholson horrible today.

Morton and Sellar just didn't provide any positives.

I found that Nicholson at times had the capacity to make better decisions but chose the wrong one too many times. Still think he adds something to the side.

Sellar played a key defensive role on Dawes and imo destroyed him. Didn't see Dawes in the game at all!

Morton must find consistency much like Green, who as previously mentioned cudda put us behind by only 18 but didn't.

I don't think your outs are logical.

My outs going on today would be:

T.Mac (On the basis that he struggles to find a matchup he can win/suits him)

Tapscott (Suspension)

Sylvia (Suspension)

My ins:

Davey (Must be played on a wing/fwd pocket)

Bail (If fit)

Bartram (If fit)

In: Martin, Gysberts

Out: Green, Sylvia

(I really hope Tappy doesn't get suspended- a few punches to the head of Tom Scully would be nice).

Silly premature call on Cook.

Edited by Jaded

I found that Nicholson at times had the capacity to make better decisions but chose the wrong one too many times. Still think he adds something to the side.

Sellar played a key defensive role on Dawes and imo destroyed him. Didn't see Dawes in the game at all!

Morton must find consistency much like Green, who as previously mentioned cudda put us behind by only 18 but didn't.

I don't think your outs are logical.

My outs going on today would be:

T.Mac (On the basis that he struggles to find a matchup he can win/suits him)

Tapscott (Suspension)

Sylvia (Suspension)

My ins:

Davey (Must be played on a wing/fwd pocket)

Bail (If fit)

Bartram (If fit)

I think a fair few have been seduced by Nicho's speed, but we have a much better player in Blease for that, Nicho was useless today.

Sellar was ok purely as a stopper, but don't think we need a pure stopper for GWS, hence the change.

Morton gets too much leniency IMO, Watts, Green, Davey have all been dropped to find form, why are we so touchy about doing that to Morton? Obviously needs confidence.

Green's coming back from poor form and a pretty full on injury, thought he showed signs today, give him another game or 2 and see what happens.

Thought Tommy Mac was pretty good today, and has been in good form for a month, why would you drop him? Silly call.

Bail and Bartram probably aren;t ready coming back from injury are they? And as I said, I wasn't taking injuries or suspensions into account because they are beyond our control.

Edited by stuie

Out: Green

In: Martin

If there are no suspensions then Green is a dead set out and Martin has to come because Russian gives us nothing around the grounds so have Martin has a lead up big target. Keep Morton as much as he frustrates me at least he runs unlike beamer today who could have made some leads and got a lot of the pill today. Keep Garland forward he was a mobile target who had a crack. Keep Sylvia if not suspended forwards look good with a lot of forward entries.

Tapscott and Sylvia are gone.

I want to see Couch. I don't care about our 'one-paced' midfield - I care about workrate, and you DO NOT NEED TO BE QUICK TO HAVE A FANTASTIC WORKRATE!!!

Every Melbourne player had 3 uncontested possies less than his Collingwood opponent.

Jones, Grimes, Morton, Watts, and Frawley were the only players to have uncontested possies in double figures.

Collingwood had 10 players hit double figures in uncontested possies.

You wouldn't believe how much I don't care less that Morton makes some mistakes. At least he works hard.

• Like 1

What would Sylvia be suspended for? Did I miss something. I'm hoping Tappy gets off, does he have a bad record? I was late and not particular nice but I didn't think it was anything too bad. It was certainly in play and not head high and I'd argue more reckless than intentional.

I want to see Couch. I don't care about our 'one-paced' midfield - I care about workrate, and you DO NOT NEED TO BE QUICK TO HAVE A FANTASTIC WORKRATE!!!

You wouldn't believe how much I don't care less that Morton makes some mistakes. At least he works hard.

I am with you too but or Couch to come in we have 6 of the same type in the midfield. This is AFL, not VFL where you can get away with it.

Also I for some unknown reason still have faith in Morton to become a good player. And one thing I liked is that he now weaves his way through traffic and can distribute. Particularly on one occasion where every Dees supporter was calling for him to kick it or handball but he weaved through and spotted up Blease in the middle of the park who subsequently fluffed it up. But the whole crowd went quiet. It was sick!

Edited by DEELIRIOUS

I am with you too but or Couch to come in we have 6 of the same type in the midfield. This is AFL, not VFL where you can get away with it.

Yeah, why would we bring on a guy who wins clearances, possessions, and has been consistently in the best when our midfield is already going so well......

I think a fair few have been seduced by Nicho's speed, but we have a much better player in Blease for that, Nicho was useless today.

Nicho was average today, defensive pressure was good, spoiled on numerous occasions, I wish he could kick like blease because blease is the worst defensive player we have! Doesn't chase and doesn't Choose the right option hardly ever, when he does something good it's really good, but oly does one or two good things a game.

Give me nicho over blease all day

Sylvia's hit was worth nothing more than a free kick- which it didn't even get. Only really guilty of not having eyes for the ball.

Also Tapscott's hit was wreckless, but no injury. Seeing as hits are only deemed ban-worthy if injuries are sustained I believe both will get off.

Definitely want Tappy available to punch the [censored] out of $ully's face.

• Like 2

Yeah, why would we bring on a guy who wins clearances, possessions, and has been consistently in the best when our midfield is already going so well......

So your gonna drop one of Magner who gives 100% much like Couch, Moloney, who we are trying to keep at the club, Trengove the captain, Mckenzie the tagger, or Jones our best midfielder. Unless your on drugs his inclusion is unwarranted at the moment.

On a sidenote, why the hell doesnt Colin Sylvia play in the midfield ON THE BALL!!! THIS IS KILLING ME SEEING THIS!!! One of Neeld's few mistakes when it comes to coaching imo,

Edited by DEELIRIOUS

So your gonna drop one of Magner who gives 100% much like Couch, Moloney, who we are trying to keep at the club, Trengove the captain, Mckenzie the tagger, or Jones our best midfielder. Unless your on drugs his inclusion is unwarranted at the moment.

On a sidenote, why the hell doesnt Colin Sylvia play in the midfield ON THE BALL!!! THIS IS KILLING ME SEEING THIS!!! One of Neeld's few mistakes when it comes to coaching imo,

Already stated my outs, have a read again.

That is exactly what our midfield needs - a disinterested Colin Sylvia.

And this 'similar midfield player' argument is infuriating - you cannot have enough mids with a good workrate and ability to win the footy.

I sincerely hope that Couch has been kept back because of disposal or other concerns - it is not a good argument at all that he is 'similar' to Jones, Magner, and Moloney.

What rot.

Bold and daring and showed a bit, and stuffed up a bit - he is going to be a player.

No doubt he is going to be a player, when he can become team orientated, chase, give first option, and then show the dare and disposal we know he has when he is in space.

At the moment he is all about the sam blease experience, I want him to be more the Melbourne experience featuring Sam blease

• Like 2

That is exactly what our midfield needs - a disinterested Colin Sylvia.

So why not get the guy involved in the game by giving him a run on the ball. His best games have been ON THE BALL, not the HFF.