Trading scenario

Jamar isnt going anywhere. Ive heard him say emphatically twice that he wants to be a Dee for his whole career to 'repay the faith'. And unlike others who will remain nameless, I believe he is being honest and not resorting to $cullduggary...

+1

Moloney will be gone

Stefan Martin will be gone

Aaron Davey will be gone

Brad Green will be gone

Colin Sylvia will be gone

Edited by juzzk1d
  • Like 1

Offer Port Sylvia and a first round pick for Boak, I reckon that could potentially get the job done.

Perhaps. Though I still think Port won't let Boak go.

IMO I don't think other teams will rate Sylvia as high as others on this forum have. I personally think he is skillful but lazy and see no upside in keeping him unless he finds a work effort. IMO other clubs see this also.

IMO I don't think other teams will rate Sylvia as high as others on this forum have. I personally think he is skillful but lazy and see no upside in keeping him unless he finds a work effort. IMO other clubs see this also.

The thing is clubs might right it off to us being so poor, in a decent side he has torn teams apart, in a good side he may still be able to do this in a down skiiing fashion. They may underestimate his poor attitude?

I think most probably don't rate him also but as Kerry Packer once said you only get one Alan Bond in a lifetime. Some coaches think they are the one that can turn around the fortunes of a talented but wayward footballer eg. Voss Fev.

I would be happy to see Col playing good football at another club but only if the trade is playing better football for us.

Just chucking this out there:

1. Players drawing large salaries: Sylvia, Davey (contracted until end of 2013) and Moloney (free agent), Green.

2. Coach's contract ending at end of season: Brian Royal.

Assuming two of those players are off the list at the end of the year this will free up a significant amount of money to add to the front loaded contract saving.

1. A future star that has a contract that finishes at the end of the season and which has avoided all trade media speculation: Chris Yarran

2. Young midfielder available at end of season: Travis Boak

3. Ex player that has coaching potential and has actually stated that he wants to coach next season: Cameron Ling

What are we trading for Yarran and Boak? This part seems to be missing.

Surely the only teams that would go for sylvia or moloney or davey would be a team in the premiership window like an essendon or geelong or sydney even. I dont see why port who are in a rebuilding phase the same as us would go for them. If I was matty primus id say you can keep your hack sylvia we will keep boak and lets see who is better off

We need to forget the trade table and build our own list out of the draft. Nobody of any quality is going to want to play for MFC unless we pay them an obscene amount of money.

And any trade involving Colin Sylvia would see us being the loser.

Bate, Dunn, pick #75 and some steak knives. ^_^

Look, I do think that NSC has got things in the right order:

1. Convince the player to come - in his scenario free up $s and make them a big offer

2. Satisfy their club with a trade

Often #1 is overlooked in these discussions and with our current situation we're not an attractive destination so this is key.

It's not complete without #2 as Freo will attest with Mitch Clark.

Moloney will be gone

I'm not convinced

He's been injured much of the season, I won't write him off

Aaron Davey will be gone

On current form, highly likely

Brad Green will be gone

50/50 IMO

We can't ditch every single seasoned body we have on the list, every one of these guys, except maybe Stef IMO, are very much in the firing line and are playing fit their spot on the list, but I'd be very surprised if every single one of these guys will be gone.

Edited by Pates

With a likely pick 4 (compo) available, if Boak comes home we are in a good position to offer Port the best deal or snaffle him if he rolls the dice on the draft...

Boak and Cloke has a nice ring to it.

• Like 1

Dee-luded the comment was based on us offering Sylvia and Davey.

The first plays 5 good games in his best years and the other is over the hill.

To trade first you have to offer something of value

If you were Adelaide would you take those two for Dangerfield?

Again your thinking only with short sighted goggles.

Sylvia was quite good in 2010 showing his class.

He would have commanded a good bit of interest throughout 2011, especially in a club with a Strong culture of hard work & commitment. EG: The Swans...

Who would want him now going forward? The Tigers, Bombers, GWS, Swans, Eagles, Crows, Blues, Hawks, Lions, & maybe the Cats & Port.

All Col needs is a mature culture with Strong leadership, things missing at Melbourne since he started.

# the second part of your assessment. If Dangerfield was leaving the Crows,,, & wanted to come to us last year, or at the end of 2010,,,, then yes, they would listen to offers.

Jamar cannot be traded!

Again, he is an UFA and he is free to go wherever he wants for nothing.

rpfc I am not sure that is true, I thought you got some sort of pick as compension.

I know it would probably be third round but is that not true?

rpfc I am not sure that is true, I thought you got some sort of pick as compension.

I know it would probably be third round but is that not true?

Yeah, what I meant is that we will have no say in where he goes or what we get. He cannot be a 'makeweight' in a trade.

If he goes we will get a pick in the draft determined by a number of things like salary, games played, b+f finishes, etc

Don't think we should draft any player over 26. Not while we are still shedding our older players. And the ones available are all past their best and the game is becoming harder for players young (skinney) and old (slowing). 22 - 26 seems optimal, hence Cloke such a target.

• Like 1

Yeah, what I meant is that we will have no say in where he goes or what we get. He cannot be a 'makeweight' in a trade.

If he goes we will get a pick in the draft determined by a number of things like salary, games played, b+f finishes, etc

yes you are correct.

Free agency is the brave new world we are facing don't like it but that is the world now.

Again your thinking only with short sighted goggles.

Sylvia was quite good in 2010 showing his class.

He would have commanded a good bit of interest throughout 2011, especially in a club with a Strong culture of hard work & commitment. EG: The Swans...

Who would want him now going forward? The Tigers, Bombers, GWS, Swans, Eagles, Crows, Blues, Hawks, Lions, & maybe the Cats & Port.

All Col needs is a mature culture with Strong leadership, things missing at Melbourne since he started.

# the second part of your assessment. If Dangerfield was leaving the Crows,,, & wanted to come to us last year, or at the end of 2010,,,, then yes, they would listen to offers.

Dee-luded so was Davey, Green, Moloney, Morton, Dunn and bate.

2 years can be a long time in AFL.

Edited by old dee

Moloney will be gone

Aaron Davey will be gone

Brad Green will be gone

Not sure the above will be what happens

Martin has shown quite a bit IMO He will get at least another year

Green maybe gone as he has no contract for 2013 and he could walk somewhere else if he liked the offer.

Davey and Sylvia have large contracts for 2013 unless someone else is prepared to take over those contracts they will be at the MFC in 2013.

We also have a problem with only a few senior players now.

Do you want to fling all our senior players in one year?

While I think Davey is over the hill and Sylvia plays 6 or 7 good games a year and the others are very ordinary he probably still has some value to us in 2013.

• Like 1

Guest KingDingAling

We need to get rid of Moloney for a start.

Send Jamar to a club and give him a chance of winning a flag the poor bugger.

Trade Sylvia if we can - same with Davey.

Then throw a stack at Boak, Yarran, Caddy or Prestia

Im at the point where Ive had enough, I hope we end up last now, Im sick of this club.

I hope we get Viney for a 20's pick and snare two superstars with pick 1 and 2, If I were in charge of the club,

Id be doing all I could to ensure we didnt win a game, the AFL screwed us with Scully, we have to look after our best

interests - as no one else will, theyll screw us at every opportunity.

We need to get rid of Moloney for a start.

Send Jamar to a club and give him a chance of winning a flag the poor bugger.

Trade Sylvia if we can - same with Davey.

Then throw a stack at Boak, Yarran, Caddy or Prestia

Im at the point where Ive had enough, I hope we end up last now, Im sick of this club.

I hope we get Viney for a 20's pick and snare two superstars with pick 1 and 2, If I were in charge of the club,

Id be doing all I could to ensure we didnt win a game, the AFL screwed us with Scully, we have to look after our best

interests - as no one else will, theyll screw us at every opportunity.

We do not get to have any say where Jamar goes.

Under the free agency system he can choice any club and walk there we get no say.

We get a draft pick as compensation.

It is entirely up to Jamar if he goes or stays

Too early for this thread.

With all the emotion from our pathetic performances well over half the list has been named on this thread to be delisted or traded!?!?!?!

Lets wait and see who stands up in the last 2/3rds of the season. After attending the a supporters night earlier this week I am far more confident of where we are headed. Neeld, Schwab, Misson and Argus all presented excellently. I am much calmer and understand the direction. I am certain things will start to click before seasons end.

My biggest concern is re-signing the younger players.