Changes vs The Bummers

gOLLy

Out - Sellar, Green, Dunn, Bennell

In - Martin, Sylvia, Davey, Bartram

Sellar isn't up to it and has proven it at 2 clubs (thanks for this dud Neil Craig). Greeny will be too sore, but I loved what he did and he really deserves to come right back in when he's fit for it. It sends the right message to the playing group. Benell offers nothing and looks lost.

Ins - Stef deserves another crack and has more potential than Sellar. Sylvia and Davey are both in as they at least draw better opponents than Pettard and Bennell warrant. I also think that Colin Syvia is playing for his career. If he doesn't make it work in the next month it's highly likely that he won't get picked up by anyone. I know we've been harsh on him but I think his injury undid him more than we assumed. If he can light it up then we look a lot better than we do with Dunn trying to kick miracles from the boundary that even his mum doesn't think he'll kick.

For the sake of stability I want to see minimal changes. Martin is still probably underdone although I see him as a step up from Sellar. Barty comes in if fit and Green goes out if not fit.

• Like 2

Tynan is injured and hasn't played for a month and Couch hasn't played for 3 weeks.

The question is who can come in for Green with no Casey games for the last 2 weeks, probably Bate or Petterd maybe Morton.

Moloney should go and I would love to see Taggert but he has not had enough football after missing most of the pre season. I'm sure he would account for himself better than Moloney but they are managing his work loads as they say.

Sheahan is another one I want to see before the end of the year, he has been consistant at Casey, is a rookie, is a tall with a lot of class. Would do better than recycling the usual suspects.

We are hamstrung by Casey's draw - no games in the last 2 weeks. I'd like to see Davis in, but he's a defender and we defended well for 3 quarters yesterday. I'm not sure who would go out for him.

What does Moloney want to do with the ball when he gets it? I have no idea. If he can't bang the ball onto his foot (with no intention to kick it to anyone in particular) then he plays this funny game where he holds the ball close to his chest and tries to wrestle past 3 opposition players. The best case scenario is another ball up.

No wonder we got smashed at the clearances - he's playing the wrong code!!! He should be playing for Melbourne Storm. He needs to watch Pendlebury and learn how to keep his arms free in the tackle - and learn to handball!!!!

Sylvia has the same issues. They think they are supermen.

• Like 2

Because for the first three quarters we played the best we have all year, I'd make minimal changes as follows:

If injured, Green goes out along with Sellar.

If fit, Martin and Bartram come in. If these two are not fit, bring in Spencer for Sellar and Morton/Bate for Green.

Although I wouldn't be disappointed if Dunn was left out. Bennell gets another week and should play the full game next week. We're going to need his pace against Essendon. But he does need to do more.

What's all this love for Martin???? Hasn't played for 3 weeks and was insipid when he did....Also waving at the camera when your team is getting thrashed was not a good look

• Like 2

What's all this love for Martin???? Hasn't played for 3 weeks and was insipid when he did....Also waving at the camera when your team is getting thrashed was not a good look

It's not so much as love for Martin, it's hate for Sellar!

• Like 3

No Changes.

We played ok for three quarters. People forget we made huge changes for this week in dropping Davey, Sylvia and Morton.

Nah, let's drop half the team and then we can call for those we asked to be put in this week top be dropped next week.

This is crazy, as Richo said on 3AW on Sunday you can't have wholesale changes every week or you'll never have a settled side.

If players are convinced that they will probably be dropped if they turn a poor performance in their first game back what will happen to the side? The most stupid thing is some are calling for players to be included that are no where near ready to play, so what will happen is we will get worse performances than we currently have.

Green is probably an out and Bennell should get dropped but probably won't. No other changes.

• Like 1

We could play Tony Lockett and Gary Ablett snr out of the goal square and we'd still only kick 6 goals simply because the midfield is completely inneffective and most weeks uncompetitive. As such that needs to be the area of shake up.

Out - Moloney, Jamar, Bennell, Sellar

In - Couch, Martin, Taggert, Bartram

Green will play, injury not so bad by reports. Showed he still has the courage and guts to put his body on the line yesterday. He may not be in the leadership group but he is still made of the right stuff for mine and must be played until Petterd, Bate, Taggert or another mid sized forward forces him out.

Need to get Blease, Bail and Nicholson to spend some more time in the mdifield. Must use their leg speed and endeavour.

No more Sellar, Davey or Morton...

Need to consider Garland or McDonald as a forward option.

We could play Tony Lockett and Gary Ablett snr out of the goal square and we'd still only kick 6 goals simply because the midfield is completely inneffective and most weeks uncompetitive. As such that needs to be the area of shake up.

Out - Moloney, Jamar, Bennell, Sellar

In - Couch, Martin, Taggert, Bartram

Green will play, injury not so bad by reports. Showed he still has the courage and guts to put his body on the line yesterday. He may not be in the leadership group but he is still made of the right stuff for mine and must be played until Petterd, Bate, Taggert or another mid sized forward forces him out.

Need to get Blease, Bail and Nicholson to spend some more time in the mdifield. Must use their leg speed and endeavour.

No more Sellar, Davey or Morton...

Need to consider Garland or McDonald as a forward option.

Jamar + Sellar ------------> Ryder + Bellchambers. Can't be doing that.

Couch - been sick for 3 weeks

Martin - one game for Casey in 4 weeks and was average

Taggert - two games for Casey in 6 months and whilst impressive, very underdone

Out: Moloney, Sellar, Bennell, Green

In: Couch, Martin, Taggert, Davis

Pretty close imo, i dunno where Taggert is at but definitely deserves a shot at some stage

edit forgot Couch was ill.....so keep Moloney in

Edited by Jordie_tackles

Sellar looks completely out of his depth as a CHF but competes ok in the ruck. I'm surprised he wasn't used as a tall defender yesterday minding one of the ruck-forwards then going into the taps for a few minutes each quarter. Reckon we should try that with Ryder / Bellchambers and maybe free McDonald to have a run as a tall forward.

I don't think Moloney and Jamar will be dropped. Neeld was making noises about Beamer trying hard, and he was. I don't know if Couch would be more value...

If they are dropped, I think that might be it for them at the Dees. Not saying that should keep them in, I am just putting it out there.

• Like 1

Out: Jamar. Nothing to advantage and nothing around the ground. Fitzpatrick in

Out : Green. In Bate to play midfield

Maloney- put him on the wing for a week or two to get some flow and run. He should be the go to channel to kick inside 50 to targets.

Sylvia: in the guts. No excuses, 100% effort only

We appear to have two injury issues in Green and Frawley. Therefore they are the ones we need to look at first. Assuming both are out, who do we have to bring in in their place?

I'd like to see Davis get a run, and it might as well be against the Bombers given that they lack any truly massive forwards. He should be able to go with their mid-sized forwards if given the opportunity. That being said, Bartram has to come in to play on either Jetta or Davey. We may not have room of both of them.

Green playing as a forward/mid utility type is interesting. Do we give Sylvia the spot and hope he can make something happen in the forward line, or go for someone a little less showy like Petterd? Tough call for the coaches I think.

Given the ruck combo the bombers have at their disposal, I think we need to bring Martin back into the side, which could see Sellar being dropped. Martin is out of touch, but he can be given a run-with job on Ryder and try to shut down his attacking influence. He should be able to handle that if he can maintain his concentration.

I am also leaning towards dropping Moloney in favour of Couch. They are very similar physically and Couch is certain to have a red hot go, while Moloney seems to be doing some remarkably poor things on the field. The only problem with this notion to my mind is that Couch may not be up to it yet if he's been missing games at Casey.

Out: Sellar (could be the worst in the AFL) , Moloney, Dunn (could be the worst ever), Bennell, Green (if injured)

In: Martin, Couch, Petterd, Bartram

Martin must come in for Jamar. His tapwork is completely ineffective at the moment and provides nothing around the ground.

Still more than Sellar will ever offer

No change except to replace injured players

Davis for Frawley

Petterd for Green

Make Sylvia, Davey and Morton play for Casey until their form warrants their inclusion.

Out : Watts Dunn Green(inj)

In : Barty, Anyone else deserves a call up. (Not sure who)

Not sure why I don't have Moloney Out. Could easily add him to the list but cant drop half the side.

Do any of you actually watch the game? Watts and Dunn out? FCS!