Opel - our new Back of Jumper sponsor

Tyson4Brownlow

Dont wish to derail the thread but I dont think so.

You're right it probably won't, but it should ease up for a while......

Interested to read Cam Schwab say that with the signing of the three new sponsors "we have largely bridged that gap" left by the departure of EW

by my reckoning, that means we're still a major sponsor - the equivalent of a reasonable $$FOJ deal - short of where we should be..

Gemini I reckon.

Yep definatley is my father owned an Opel when I was a kid in Ireland, they are the biggest selling car in Ireland and sponsored our national football team from 1986 to 2002

Interested to read Cam Schwab say that with the signing of the three new sponsors "we have largely bridged that gap" left by the departure of EW

by my reckoning, that means we're still a major sponsor - the equivalent of a reasonable $$FOJ deal - short of where we should be..

Which is still better than last year I believe... why do we always have to look for negatives?

Maybe for this year, but does that change if the two-year option that Webjet has is activated? And I still think that the club has done a great job.

The EW sponsorship was out of this world, and with that came the crazy, given that even getting our hands on the money, this early in the deal, was proving difficult.

Maybe for this year, but does that change if the two-year option that Webjet has is activated? And I still think that the club has done a great job.

The EW sponsorship was out of this world, and with that came the crazy, given that even getting our hands on the money, this early in the deal, was proving difficult.

It is worth noting that it looks like EW owe the Melbourne FC at least $500,000.

We will surely explore all our legal options and may end up getting an extra $500,000 on top of all the current deals. And considering we came out of this EW scandel looking like a club with high integrity (which is very valuable) i think we've come out very well

It is worth noting that it looks like EW owe the Melbourne FC at least $500,000.

We will surely explore all our legal options and may end up getting an extra $500,000 on top of all the current deals. And considering we came out of this EW scandel looking like a club with high integrity (which is very valuable) i think we've come out very well

They DID owe us money but I was pretty sure I heard CS say they recently got the payment after threatening some legal action..

They DID owe us money but I was pretty sure I heard CS say they recently got the payment after threatening some legal action..

We received an amount a week or so prior to the preverbial hitting the fan, but there is still another payment owed to the club which we are still chasing.

Interesting how everyone was jumping all over Schwab for the collapse of the EW deal and his lack of due dilligence etc etc and calling for his head... thus far I have seen very little love for him in this thread. Funny (not) how we love to kick a man when he's down but can't find it in ourselves to praise him when he does well.

Thanks Cam... good get. (by the way, does anyone have an idea of the $ worth and agreed period for this deal?)

not everyone..

many here see beyond the next cheap wallop !!

While this forum seems to be a vacuum of depression of late, and what I’d imagine living in Adelaide would feel like, I'm afraid I'll have to add to the negativity and say that I'm not entirely happy with the sponsors. I'll clarify straight away and say that I have no issue with the company’s themselves, rather their placement on our jumpers, namely Webjet. Having a slab of reddish/orange on our jumper, in my opinion, takes away far too much from the red yolk design. Opel however has quite a neat design and I reckon would look perfect on the front of our jumper. Too late for this season but I wonder if its practical too organise a switch during the next offseason?... doubtful I guess consider the big bucks these companies are paying for brand exposure. Just a small gripe in what is a fantastic outcome for the club considering the position it found itself in 2 weeks ago.

While this forum seems to be a vacuum of depression of late, and what I’d imagine living in Adelaide would feel like, I'm afraid I'll have to add to the negativity and say that I'm not entirely happy with the sponsors. I'll clarify straight away and say that I have no issue with the company’s themselves, rather their placement on our jumpers, namely Webjet. Having a slab of reddish/orange on our jumper, in my opinion, takes away far too much from the red yolk design. Opel however has quite a neat design and I reckon would look perfect on the front of our jumper. Too late for this season but I wonder if its practical too organise a switch during the next offseason?... doubtful I guess consider the big bucks these companies are paying for brand exposure. Just a small gripe in what is a fantastic outcome for the club considering the position it found itself in 2 weeks ago.

Someone posted this on BF the other day, I think it looks much better than what we are running with atm. However, given the time we have had to get the sponsors on the jumper, I would not be surprised if this comes off. It looks 100% better. I would say the red slab logo would be a temporary job.

deest.jpg

• Like 4

Energy Watch back in the news: "DISGRACED energy broker EnergyWatch and its former CEO Ben Polis face hefty penalties for making misleading claims in a series of high-profile ads"

What i liked was when this was reported on SEN news it goes something like: "EW, the company dumped by MFC as their sponsor face hefty penalties etc etc.....

It reinforces to the public that MFC has integrity and puts its values above financial considerations. In a funny way we might end up benefiting from the whole palaver. We've got two good sponsors, an improved image and the month of crisis we had (which this issue was but one of several calamities) may have helped galvanise the club.

• Like 2

Someone posted this on BF the other day, I think it looks much better than what we are running with atm. However, given the time we have had to get the sponsors on the jumper, I would not be surprised if this comes off. It looks 100% better. I would say the red slab logo would be a temporary job.

deest.jpg

This is exactly what I envisioned when I first heard about the new Webjet sponsorship. It certainly would look much better.

• 3 months later...

Thats great news. Was wondering how we might be traveling with this. Speaking of traveling hopefully webjet does likewise and futher their involvement .

Gee... How nice to go into a season again with sponsors known !! Lol :)

Thats great news. Was wondering how we might be traveling with this. Speaking of traveling hopefully webjet does likewise and futher their involvement .

This should be standard practice, and not a unique feeling. 90% of other Clubs do it, so it's good to know we are keeping up with the majority.

I wonder how much it was worth B59?

Just stirring! Although I'm still waiting for that beer you owe me! :P

More good news within 24 hours given the season we've had. One big plus will be if webjet sign back up and we start the new season without this negativity, which the media will use against us!

I wonder how much it was worth B59?

Just stirring! Although I'm still waiting for that beer you owe me! :P

Youd have to think its for at least similar coin ( whatever that is as I cant recall what they've donated this year )

see pm re beer