Changes for next week vs West Coast

titan_uranus

We are going to get smashed anyway so let's actually try Stephen Hawking at CHF.

i think i'm going to have to get to the subi hotel at opens, that way i may be numb to all emotion by the time the game is over

i think i'm going to have to get to the subi hotel at opens, that way i may be numb to all emotion by the time the game is over

I think you have ----s the size of basketballs to even front.

Would be way to hard for me this week.

OUT: Davey, Green, Macdonald

IN: Tapscott, Petterd, Sellar

Probably about the right balance, though I would be surprised if Green were dropped so soon.

But Davey has lost it, in the head and / or body.

Joel just fumbles every time he goes near it - makes Bartram look silky smooth! And we will need a gorilla tamer for Kennedy at least.

Maybe Tom McDonald too, ? for Bartram. The Weagles have a pretty big forward line.

Add Petterd for maybe Tynan, if "the coach" (as Moloney calls him), feels that he was really out of his depth as appeared from the outside, and not just a nervous starter.

Howe would have to be on warning IMO. Saw so many times on Saturday: went for the speccie and didn't hold it, in the process spoiling a teammate.....

Sure he did, but then he wasn't the only one and he does recover pretty well and makes a chase.

The "forward structure" is in evolution - they need to get to know each other and plan who is to fly, who is to decoy and draw opponents from the contest, and who will crumb. This will take time. Overall our players have become accustomed to lazily standing aside and not working hard even when it is certain the ball will not be coming their way. They will NOT create space and alternative even unused options, and we will not progress until they do.

• Like 1

I think you have ----s the size of basketballs to even front.

Would be way to hard for me this week.

mate, its one of only a few times each year i get the chance to see the boys play live. I've also flights and accomodation to go and see them get obliterated against the Hawks in round 7!

what did RPFC say in the other thread? Being a Dee's supporter is character building!!

Maybe Tom McDonald too, ? for Bartram. The Weagles have a pretty big forward line.

Add Petterd for maybe Tynan, if "the coach" (as Moloney calls him), feels that he was really out of his depth as appeared from the outside, and not just a nervous starter.

IMO Bartram was very good - gut ran to give options. And he's in the leadership group.

And for mine, Tynan was one of the few to have a crack; didn't look out of place at all. Unlike many others, he didn't spectate.

Reckon Sellar, Morton, Pettard, Tapscott, Lawrence, Couch, Dunn & McDonald are all a chance to play (in no particular order). And for height (WC play very tall), Fitzpatrick MAY come into it.

Some of Davey, 2 mids (take your pick), MacDonald, Rivers, Martin, Blease may make way.

Ed: added Blease

Edited by Mono

mate, its one of only a few times each year i get the chance to see the boys play live. I've also flights and accomodation to go and see them get obliterated against the Hawks in round 7!

what did RPFC say in the other thread? Being a Dee's supporter is character building!!

Then in my case i must have the biggest character in Melbourne

We are going to get smashed anyway so let's actually try Stephen Hawking at CHF.

More value in developing sound strategies.

Footy Dept for him.

Footy Dept for him.

I don't think so. I think he'd use quantum mechanics as an example for something and a lot of the players would find out that there is an infinitesimally small chance the ball will simply appear in their hands, then think: "Hm, I like those odds!"

• Like 1

Footy Dept for him.

Lol I saw the suggestion in another thread by another poster. Just quietly I think he'll be rubish over-head :P

The emergencies from this week: Sellar, Dunn, Couch

The Casey bests: McDonald, Morton, Couch, Sellar, Bennell

Injured: Petterd

Couch and Sellar are likely ins, with Dunn McDonald, Morton, Bennell, Petterd all in consideration.

Moloney was pantsed by Collingwood's 6th best midfielder's kid brother, I don't think he'll get a 2nd opportunity - in Couch.

The backline has a structural problem without Sellar in there, one of Rivers or Macdonald has to come out IMO.

Green just cannot play in that forward role with way we go long, he was good in the midfield against Collingwood in the NAB Cup and may warrant a run through there, otherwise it's career over - Dunn or McDonald in.

The FD was clearly not happy with Blease since he was subbed - Petterd in.

But really the problem is the midfield and Couch is the only midfielder there and he's not going to solve our problems, particularly at Subi. Gysberts lack of engine will hurt him there too so I don't see him in either. We could move Grimes to the midfield and bring Bennell or Morton into the backline.

So:

In: Couch, Sellar, Bennell, Dunn, Petterd

Out: Moloney, Macdonald, Green, Blease, Davey.

I've re-considered. We're going into the cauldron over there so we need to cook carefully. There's no better place for Moloney Green and Davey to show redemption, if we ditch them after R1 and only one chance, then there's probably no way back for them - ever. I think we need to show a little more "blind faith". Green and Davey may get a bit more space to operate in at Subi, I think it's crucifying Green to ask him to play medium forward with our kick-long strategy, the only possible way he can succeed there is marking on the lead, he needs to be played up in the midfield. I've taken out Blease and Green from the forward line, Watts needs to spend some more time forward in addition to the midfield role he played on the weekend.

In: Sellar, Couch

Out: Macdonald, Blease

• Like 1

We need to pull back a little bit.

Green and Davey should not be dropped.......... yet.

They have both been asked to play a different role this year under a new coach with a new game plan.

Lets give them more then 1 game to have a crack at it.

Sellar needs to come in for size and MacDonald is too short for a key back and skills are too bad to be attacking.

Blease didnt have a dip, so bring in someone who will. Couch? Morton (sigh)? Bennell (sigh)? Tapscott (fitness?)?

For mine

I: Sellar Tapscott

O: MacDonald Blease

Tapscott as sub.

• Like 1

I've re-considered. We're going into the cauldron over there so we need to cook carefully. There's no better place for Moloney Green and Davey to show redemption, if we ditch them after R1 and only one chance, then there's probably no way back for them - ever. I think we need to show a little more "blind faith". Green and Davey may get a bit more space to operate in at Subi, I think it's crucifying Green to ask him to play medium forward with our kick-long strategy, the only possible way he can succeed there is marking on the lead, he needs to be played up in the midfield. I've taken out Blease and Green from the forward line, Watts needs to spend some more time forward in addition to the midfield role he played on the weekend. In: Sellar, Couch Out: Macdonald, Blease

Yeah, I agree.

I had an earlier post that didn't explicitly say what we should do, certainly discussed 'statements' being made.

Round 2 with a new coach is not the time for statements. Any overhaul would be seen as reactionary and contrary to 'the clean slate' that was placed under all players.

My changes would be similar to yours although Blease on Subi might be good for the kid's confidence.

Let me preface this by saying Davey didn't play very well at all on the weekend....

But I don't understand how he has been put in the same category as Blease and Green when it comes to awful.

At the very very very least, Davey laid 5 tackles and I saw him smother the ball twice. That to me says he tried, just didn't play very well.

There is a difference between playing bad and trying.

Players who didn't try in my opinion were Blease, Green, Jamar, Moloney, Rivers.

Davey sucked, but I don't think he put in no effort like everyone is acting like he did.

Let me preface this by saying Davey didn't play very well at all on the weekend....

But I don't understand how he has been put in the same category as Blease and Green when it comes to awful.

At the very very very least, Davey laid 5 tackles and I saw him smother the ball twice. That to me says he tried, just didn't play very well.

Players who didn't try in my opinion were Blease, Green, Jamar, Moloney, Rivers.

Davey sucked, but I don't think he put in no effort like everyone is acting like he did.

I think, as much as we protest, a great deal of us haven't given players a clean slate and 2011 is still at the forefront of our minds.

It's understandable, but unfair.

I think, as much as we protest, a great deal of us haven't given players a clean slate and 2011 is still at the forefront of our minds.

It's understandable, but unfair.

Just because Neeld is trying to get the best from players does not alter the statts RPFC Davey has played poorly for more than 12 months now.

Saturday is just the last in a long line.

I'm calling for a massive snow storm which grounds all airplanes and leaves us stranded here, so the match gets called off and we get 2 points for a draw. Hooray!

I'm not liking this attitude from you, Jaded. You've become significantly more defeatest of late and I hope it's not indicative of your wavering belief in the club.

• Like 1

Davey should be dropped because he is past it. Endeavor, sadly has nothing to do with it anymore.

He has lost his weapon of pace and without it he has nothing. He doesn't get his own ball so he is now a slow outsider.

Sad but true. Also I believe his sooky demeanor is a detriment to those around him. This is why he shouldn't play again. It has nothing to do with effort.

I wonder if the events of this week will lead to Davey remaining in the team as a show of faith in our indigenous players. I wouldn't be surprised, nor would I be wholly disappointed.

Edited by Chook