• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for next week vs West Coast

titan_uranus

Does the Bank Of Neeld have credits??

Yes.

Of course they do.

And some are already saying here today that Jamar is on credits after an ordinary game, Davey alike, Frawley, Grimes, Moloney, Garland, Bartram, Rivers....All had Lacklustre games.

And some others were horrible at the contest: Davey pretentious, Green uninterested at winning the hard footy, stays outside too much. Rivers lost in a sea of medium defenders NQR.... Blease (Will Robinson) played lost in space.

• Like 1

The only out next week should be Neeld. I get some releif from being a completely shattered Melbourne supporter watching replays from 2010 when they played attacking, running football; not this 'defensive structure' stuff coached by a simple PE teacher.

Did any of you read this in the forums here on Dempmland?

Posted Today, 05:32 PM

I feel so sorry for my son, who i encoraged to be a Melb. supporter.

He is 11 years old and cops crap at school all the time about what losers we are....its unforgiving in he schoolyard.

After today he said he doesnt want to go to the footy anymore...heartbreaking.....

Damn this club is depressing .

Tell ur son chin up. I copped the same crap for years now as a youngster and I'm sixteen. U wouldn't imagine what i copped at lunch from 2007-today, especially from mates who r collingwood and hawthorn and some hoiw carlton. Tell him to fight back and ask his other mates how many times their clubs have beaten Collingwood this year, it seems to shut em up for a while. He'll be right, soon enough and he'll be wanting to come back again and again. KEEP THE FAITH!

It would be a big move to drop Jamar against the WCE. Big Call! But then again that will never happen cos Gawn is out injured and so is Spencer. Russian was pathetic on Sat. and seems to have gone back to the days where he leans over in the ruck or falls backwards instead of running at the bloody thing. He needs to pull his finger out along with Moloney who is all talk, Green who is past it and Davey who i see only faint glimmers of hope in

I don't think I've read the word "matchups" once in this thread. Obviously some players are on tenterhooks due to their poor effort, or form from Saturday, but every AFL side is picked with matchups being the key component. For me Sellar has to come in due to West Coasts tall forward-line. Lynch, Kennedy, Darling and one of Cox, or Naitanui is going to stretch any defence. Rivers is too small as a second tall and ditto Garland. I'd have all of Garland, Rivers, Frawley and Sellar.

Couch also comes in. I was surprised he didn't play in round one, but I recognise that Magner and Couch are perhaps too similar. But after the pathetic midfield display on the weekend and especially the clearances Couch is a no brainer. Only one side got less than 300 disposals on the weekend and yes, you guessed it. Our midfielders just don't get their hands on the footy. Hopefully Magner is right to play.

We definitely need some leg-speed at Subi. I'm not a Bennell fan, but he'd provide more spark than Davey.

I doubt Strauss will play because of his concussion a couple of weeks ago. Did he play at Casey on Sat ? It's a pity because subject to fitness/loads I'd have he and Tapscott in as soon as possible. I'd also like Morton in, which will no doubt cause angst from some supporters. He was good down back in the intra-club before his minor knee injury.

As a supporter we don't knows who's underdone, carrying an injury, or ready to come in, so I won't pick ins and outs, but I'd like to see at least Davey, Jmac, and McKenzie make way for some of the above.

To be honest we have so many B and C graders that it wouldn't disappoint me to see many dropped. I sometimes chuckle when I read these forums and people argue over Bate, or Bail, or McKenzie, or Davey, or Bartram, or Rivers, or Jmac, etc, when they're not worth getting into an argument over. You're arguing over crud, just different strands.

Edited by Ben-Hur

Neeld has got the team balance wrong. We went to tall against the lions. Our team doesn't have the skills yet to utlise all the talls. We need more gut runners.

We need both. We were over powered in all size ranges in our defence. Voss manipulated his mismatches around their goal square beautifully & he's got a team of goers.

But we also need more gut runners as well, & I believe we wanted So Much to perform well the anxiety took our boys into anaerobic state too early. We got too hyped & got Lactic burnout too soon.

The same seemingly happened @ Casey, but we were close enough talent wise to get through it.

This week after cutting some dead wood, I hope to see a much more competitive group. But we need to install 'Goers', & remove the "Outside" types.

Neeld has got the team balance wrong. We went to tall against the lions. Our team doesn't have the skills yet to utlise all the talls. We need more gut runners.

Yep. That's why Luenberger and Hudson killed us.

Jurrah is a huge loss . He kicks goals. We need to kick goals for our front running side to get motivated to do the team things.

Pettard is another with a happy knack for kicking goals - if he is fit get him in.

I hate to say this but Rivers is a big issue. Teams know to get him one on one deep and he is in trouble. He can't play on a leading forward, he can't play small and he struggles on the bigger forwards. He is good third up but unless we play him as a loose man in defense he is going to struggle. Add this to his poor kicking skills IMO he might find himself at Casey for a long period of time.

Very hard to predict who is going out this week as there are about 10 blokes in the gun.

I will give myself a slap after writing this, but we need Morton's ability to find space and get us some cheap possession, especially at Subiaco.

OUT: Davey, Blease, Macdonald, Green

IN: Bennell, Sellar, Petterd, Morton

FB: Sellar, Frawley, Bartram

HB: Grimes, Garland, Rivers

C: Morton, Magner, Trengove

HF: Petterd, Martin, Watts

FF: Bennell, Clark, Howe

R: Jamar, Moloney, Jones

INT: McKenzie, Bate, Bail

SUB: Tynan

Tapscott, Strauss, Gysberts, Couch, Tom McDonald etc. to stay at Casey for another week ready to come in against Richmond the following week if they perform.

Yep. That's why Luenberger and Hudson killed us.

it's quality not quantity.

Neeld needs to bring players in who are grateful for the chance to play league footy. ie., Couch.

changes for next week shouldn't stop at just cutting some players...it should mean playing players in other positions. ie., Mitch Clark in the ruck and push some stronger runners and better skilled players into the backline.

Funny how we were all bagging morton at the start of the year, now we all seem to be putting him in our side.

I do hope Cale performs, we dont need anymore pea hearted players

The emergencies from this week: Sellar, Dunn, Couch

The Casey bests: McDonald, Morton, Couch, Sellar, Bennell

Injured: Petterd

Couch and Sellar are likely ins, with Dunn McDonald, Morton, Bennell, Petterd all in consideration.

Moloney was pantsed by Collingwood's 6th best midfielder's kid brother, I don't think he'll get a 2nd opportunity - in Couch.

The backline has a structural problem without Sellar in there, one of Rivers or Macdonald has to come out IMO.

Green just cannot play in that forward role with way we go long, he was good in the midfield against Collingwood in the NAB Cup and may warrant a run through there, otherwise it's career over - Dunn or McDonald in.

The FD was clearly not happy with Blease since he was subbed - Petterd in.

But really the problem is the midfield and Couch is the only midfielder there and he's not going to solve our problems, particularly at Subi. Gysberts lack of engine will hurt him there too so I don't see him in either. We could move Grimes to the midfield and bring Bennell or Morton into the backline.

So:

In: Couch, Sellar, Bennell, Dunn, Petterd

Out: Moloney, Macdonald, Green, Blease, Davey.

In: McDonald, Morton, Couch, Sellar...

Out: Moloney, Green, Blease, Martin

Martin is a ruckman. We need to swap him for a runner. Jamar is no1 ruck. make him ruck 80-90% and swap with Mitch Clark.

Bennell was terrible when we played west coast over there last time.

Jurrah is a huge loss . He kicks goals. We need to kick goals for our front running side to get motivated to do the team things.

Pettard is another with a happy knack for kicking goals - if he is fit get him in.

I think Pettard will be in if he is over his injury.

But forget Jurrah till June if at all.

I noticed that Jodan Gysberts suffered an ankle injury playing for Casey, so he may not be available for next week (also explains why he was not amongst the best players for Casey)...

OUT: Green, Davey, Moloney, supporters who haven't got the ticker to handle our current predicament.

You better dig deep folks because the next few months are going to be tough. As for letting/telling you kid to barrack for Hawthorn, I'd suggest you fark right off as well.

We were certainly disgraceful on Saturday and it plainly showed how important leadership is. Personally I'd never play Green or Davey again, nor would I bother with Dunn, Moloney(complete frontrunner and without Jamar putting it down his throat will be totally exposed) or Joel Macdonald.

Why play old spuds when we can play young ones!!

In: McDonald, Morton, Couch, Sellar...

Out: Moloney, Green, Blease, Martin

Martin is a ruckman. We need to swap him for a runner. Jamar is no1 ruck. make him ruck 80-90% and swap with Mitch Clark.

Bennell was terrible when we played west coast over there last time.

Jamar is injured. JB will be back .Blease is learning .Stef is a gun ,Moloney will be back .

• Like 1

Out - Bartram MacDonald Rivers Green Davey Moloney Bate

In - Bennell Morton Petterd Dunn Sellar Tapscott Couch

If we drop Bate and pick Morton I really will start writing my will .

He's been on our list for 6 years or so, and he hasn't improved at all. I can't see a future for him. Don't see the benefit of playing him at all.

10 possessions in the last quarter means nothing. At least three of them were bombs into the forward line to no one.

Mate he was the sub and had one quarter to have a crack . Your singling out the wrong bloke . Clearly he was not the only one to bomb the ball forward , it happened all day . Give the bloke a full game before you hang him out to dry .

Out: Blease Rivers Green Davey

In: Bennell Sellar Couch Petterd

B: Bartram Frawley Garland

HB: Grimes Sellar MacDonald

C: Trengove Magner Bail

HF: Watts Martin Petterd

F: Howe Clark Bennell

R: Jamar McKenzie Jones

I: Couch Bate Moloney

S: Tynan

MacDonald survives, only because of the WC forwards. Prefer him over Rivers at the moment, despite the fumbles.

Can't drop Bate after 1qtr

Bennell back to the fwd line. Reckon he can be more damaging up there with his 6-7 possessions. Petterd (if fit) can join him to replace Blease and Davey who have continually failed in the crumbing role.

Had enough of Green.

Reluctant to drop the reigning b&f after one round. Can start on the pine.

Despite the changes, very worried about the one dimensional midfield and lack of run down back.

Tom McDonald and Morton are very close to selection and Strauss and Tapscott prob need another Casey game under their belt. There ain't too many options at the moment. Depth is extremely weak.

Edited by Colesy