Liam Jurrah: charged, on bail and discussion closed for now

dee-luded

Only 2 charges

C2 JURRAH Liam Jungarai

21209320 10.00 AM Mention

1 Unlawfully cause Serious Harm

2 Armed with an offensive weapon at night

The latter i think usually just results in a fine.

Unlawfully causing serious harm though may be a problem unless he is able to prove it was in self defence.

Did anyone watch AFL 360 last night?

Not a huge fan of Mark Robinson but his thoughts on this situation are exceptional.

Just discussing like ourselves, how we can try and empathise with his situation but we will truly never fully understand it.

Really riveting segment at the start of the show with him and Gerard. Try and find it

denies being inviolved. Granted bail

If this thing drags out over months, would the MFC allow him to play? or would court allow him to play?

Does anyone know how this type of situation works if he has to wait for a court hearing if there are any restrictions on him?

I would like it if the court gives him leniency providing he attends all training sessions and games.

Did anyone watch AFL 360 last night?

Not a huge fan of Mark Robinson but his thoughts on this situation are exceptional.

Just discussing like ourselves, how we can try and empathise with his situation but we will truly never fully understand it.

Really riveting segment at the start of the show with him and Gerard. Try and find it

Yes, I saw that and he (Robbo) seemed genuinely emotional about the whole situation (as opposed to his, what I usually consider, displays of "faux passion")..

• Like 1

Guest deedeedee

You are being very naive if you think that a white fella from the MFC had any place interfering (or could interfere) with his obligations to his family. Is Liam meant to have a minder with him 24/7 any time he returns to NT? That's ridiculous.

We are all upset at the prospect he may never play for the MFC again, but this story is much bigger than that. CS acted very professionally in his responses from what I read.

Naive? He is a mass investment for the club. He has had more articles written about 10 fold than any other player on the list, his marketing ability was great due to freakish abilities. The club should be doing anything they can to protect from this civil war, wether Jurrah takes his advice is another thing all together, at least the club could say we done all we could it was just unavoidable.

Naive? He is a mass investment for the club. He has had more articles written about 10 fold than any other player on the list, his marketing ability was great due to freakish abilities. The club should be doing anything they can to protect from this civil war, wether Jurrah takes his advice is another thing all together, at least the club could say we done all we could it was just unavoidable.

Some things are bigger than the club.

• Like 2

Reported on SEN. They had a guy from NT on the phone who is a news reporter up there and had just sat in on the court hearing.

I think the MFC should let him play. Innocent at this stage. Best thing for him is to get back to footy.

Edited by BarrassHarrass

Get him on that plane...

Bail is great, but what are the conditions? I hope he is allowed to leave the Alice.

The club has an obligation to protect its investment - you're right. I can see where you're coming from and I don't think the club can entirely absolve itself of responsibility. As others have said though, this is ultimately bigger than the club and a finger pointing exercise isn't going to accomplish anything though, so why don't we just leave it at that?

Get him on that plane...

Yes, get him back to Melbourne ASAP.

Good news regarding bail, but there is still a long way to go before this all gets sorted.

It's wonderful to see the club acknowledging his situation and supporting him as such.

I love my club.

Edited by WhateverItTakes

Yes, get him back to Melbourne ASAP.

Good news regarding bail, but there is still a long way to go before this all gets sorted.

It's wonderful to see the club acknowledging his situation and supporting him as such.

I love my club.

Should all rock up to the airport kitted out in Melbourne gear and flags. Let him know he's back to his 2nd home

• Like 1

Cameron Schwab's press conference highlights one of the emotional issues. In answer to Q8, Schwab says "...when he goes home" (meaning NT). The very next question, Schwab answers with "...to get him and bring him home".

I don't know Liam, but I suspect that "home" is, to use a cliche, where the heart is. And perhaps his heart is divided. If so, that's an enormous emotional burden for anyone to carry.

(Thanks to demonland7 for providing the transcript).

Such a complex issue.

Starting from colonisation right up until now.

Our dominant culture could not care less about minorities and it's sickening.

I think there are a LOT of people in our culture who DO care about our indiginous people

Caring and having solutions are however entirely different matters

Its very sad, tragic and frustrating. I'm still hopeful of a good outcome for Liam

• Like 1

denies being inviolved. Granted bail

Sweet!!!!