• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Wednesday 7th March, 2012

jayceebee31

My mate just spoke to jarrah and he said he will be back on Friday unless something comes up

Hopefully the fact that you can't spell his name right doesn't interfere with your ability to come up with the right Jurrah sauce. Hope your mate's right.

• Like 1

Hopefully the fact that you can't spell his name right doesn't interfere with your ability to come up with the right Jurrah sauce. Hope your mate's right.

And he isn't even Western Australian tall timber ;-)

On a moor serious note, it wood be great news were Liam to get back into the team, possibly even in the next month or sew.

Edited by monoccular

We all have had bad days and nights, that is why I got suspended trying to protect WYL that's life.By the way I can cope.I am just a battler like Joel,we get there in the end.

Do tell more JCB...i had no idea....PM me the details...i owe you a beer mate.

• Like 1

And he isn't even Western Australian tall timber ;-)

On a moor serious note, it wood be great news were Liam to get back into the team, possibly even in the next month or sew.

I have a spelling checker,

It came with my pea sea.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,

Your sure reel glad two no.

Its vary polished in it's weigh.

My checker tolled me sew.

- Sauce unknown, Submitted for the Pull it Surprise (Pulitzer Prize)

Check out the full version of this poem at http://www.jokes2go....poems/9892.html

Edited by Chook
  • Like 2

Also got to training - jaccee report spot on. The biggest impression for me was the overall group - alot of BIG, fit, players performing at a very high intensity during drills. Col Sylvia was a master at the "pressure defence" role - was tough to get past, worried many players into a fumble and when he got hold no one got arms free to dish off - if he can deliver like that up forward, round the middle look out!

Pencil joined in all drills in the first hour and moved smoothly, looked good - must be close. Tappy is a machine to look at - just ran lap after lap; cannot wait to get him into the middle.

I thought Davey training well also - was excellent in the contested handball drills....so quick and decisive.

Based on today with confidence up, greta talk and intensity we should see another decent crack on Saturday.

• Like 1

Training commenced around 9.50 am today, running laps and doing the same sort of drills that has been reported over the last few weeks.It finished around 11.55 am.

There was an air of excitement there today, both from a confidence boost after last Saturday and Ron Barassi was there.Ron was doing some training due to Sixty Minutes doing a doco on the great man to be shown later in the year. He seems to have a great rapport with the new football department and in particular Neil Craig.(age may be a factor though).He said to me that he had never ever seen so many coaches in his lifetime coaching at the same time (reference to our coaching panel).

Ron mixed with the crowd and had a photo shot with a class of school children who were at training for the event.

Missing were Liam Jurrah and Michael Evans. I'm told both were back home .Jurrah, we all know ,whilst Evans was given a break to go home for a week or two.Max Gawn showed his face for a few minutes. All others were there as far as I could see.

Luke Tapscott, Jack Grimes, Leigh Williams and Jake Spencer were the only ones I noticed who did not do full match day rehearsal. Grimes and Williams are expected to join next week,Tappy a couple of weeks away whilst Pencil looks great and is not far way as well.

Ricky Petterd and Jared Rivers left early, both looking sore. I spoke to Ricky and he said he had mild concussion from last Saturday and had a few sore spots but would play this week. Nathan Jones left a few minutes after these two and said he would probably play a this week.Grimes, is busting to play. Trenners is really excited to strip this week also.

Players who caught my eye at training were Josh Tynan, seems to read he play brilliantly, Davis, hard nut who also reads the play very well and Kelvin Lawrence. I wouldn't be surprised , based on training today that he strips this week. However, the real star was Jack Viney who could play now and be a sensational star, straight up.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer you.

GO DEES.

Will Leigh Williams play for the Dees this year?

Hopefully the fact that you can't spell his name right doesn't interfere with your ability to come up with the right Jurrah sauce.

Jurrah sauce ... I like it.

Add to forward line, mix to taste.

Do tell more JCB...i had no idea....PM me the details...i owe you a beer mate.

No issue- I'll explain at a later day,but I can assure you,they did.That's life but don't want another for a while.

Take care,JCB.

Look forward to a beer sometime soon

Also got to training - jaccee report spot on. The biggest impression for me was the overall group - alot of BIG, fit, players performing at a very high intensity during drills. Col Sylvia was a master at the "pressure defence" role - was tough to get past, worried many players into a fumble and when he got hold no one got arms free to dish off - if he can deliver like that up forward, round the middle look out!

Pencil joined in all drills in the first hour and moved smoothly, looked good - must be close. Tappy is a machine to look at - just ran lap after lap; cannot wait to get him into the middle.

I thought Davey training well also - was excellent in the contested handball drills....so quick and decisive.

Based on today with confidence up, greta talk and intensity we should see another decent crack on Saturday.

Col playing defensively is seriously something to get excited about.

No issue- I'll explain at a later day,but I can assure you,they did.That's life but don't want another for a while.

Take care,JCB.

Look forward to a beer sometime soon

You are on mate. I don't expect people to take the heat for my words, but appreciate it when done.

Cheers.

Will Leigh Williams play for the Dees this year?

A faint hope- needs to develop further to make it-however I do feel he can make senior Casey side,and if so- one never knows.Good luck to him and I hope he proves me wrong.

Thanks for back up and support.And agree with Davey.I feel Davey will have a good year especially with Clark next to him,to physically support him. He looked hard at the ball at training, didn't he?.

Edited by jayceebee31
  • Like 1

I want to get a good look at Kel Lawrence as a possible small forward and am glad to hear he is training and ready to have a run.

Edited by Maldonboy38

Great to hear some positive news about Aaron Davey. To think that our best player from a few years ago could have fallen so far that just the promise of something good from him is a bonus; it's surprising.

Thanks for back up and support.And agree with Davey.I feel Davey will have a good year especially with Clark next to him,to physically support him. He looked hard at the ball at training, didn't he?.

A nice surprise seeing a couple of guys got down to training on wednesday..

Cheers JCB and 1964 for the reports and 'Q & A'!

Something has come up.....

Oh no.

Liam will not be back soon .