Dean Bailey to Adelaide

beelzebub

Dean Bailey joins the Adelaide Crows as Assistant Coach

Good luck Dean.

Edited by belzebub59

All the best to him, glad to see he got a position quickly.

In fact all of our coaches get recycled in some shape or form.

Bailey at the Crows, Riley at Carlton, Daniher at WCE, Hutchison at the Tigers and Balme at the Cats. Northey got gigs after us and Barassi went to the Swans.

In fact all of our coaches get recycled in some shape or form.

Bailey at the Crows, Riley at Carlton, Daniher at WCE, Hutchison at the Tigers and Balme at the Cats. Northey got gigs after us and Barassi went to the Swans.

We must breed them well.. Either that or we pinch them after they've already matured, and then don't make the most of them.

Good luck to Bailey. Glad to see that his time with us didn't ruin any currency he had. Think he will bring some great attributes to the Crows.

Bails will be back at the MFC in a few years i reckon....as an assistant. Glad to see him get another gig to keep him in the system.

He did a lot of hard dirty work at this club, that hopefully Mark Neeld can take to the next level(s)

Good on you Bails. B)

• Like 1

Guest Thomo

Bails will be back at the MFC in a few years i reckon....as an assistant. Glad to see him get another gig to keep him in the system.

He did a lot of hard dirty work at this club, that hopefully Mark Neeld can take to the next level(s)

Good on you Bails. B)

Bailey was a terrible coach that Melbourne sacked.

He might be a great bloke, but I never want him at Melbourne again. I'm just hoping that Neeld can undo some of the damage that he has done.

Bailey was a terrible coach that Melbourne sacked.

He might be a great bloke, but I never want him at Melbourne again. I'm just hoping that Neeld can undo some of the damage that he has done.

You do not understand what went on during the years 2008-2010 do you.

The Job Bailey did was to the letter from the Board....Yes 2011 did not go to plan, but as a teacher of Raw kids, Bails did a fine job.

• Like 1

Guest Thomo

The Job Bailey did was to the letter from the Board....Yes 2011 did not go to plan, but as a teacher of Raw kids, Bails did a fine job.

but as a teacher of Raw kids, Bails did a fine job?????????

I'd like to know who started the Bailey is a great teacher myth, because one thing that Bailey did show is that he is an extremely poor teacher of raw kids. The players that he had for four years are worse off for it.

Melbourne had a poor game plan, the skill level is not up to AFL standard, most players have not developed to expectations, only a few have actually exceeded expectations at this stage (Jamar, Frawley, Garland).

He was sacked because after four years the team is worse than when he took over. He was a very poor coach who could either not communicate his ideas, or had no idea how to coach, probably a combination of both.

He certainly did not do a “fine job”.

I hear this comment often but I can't see any proof of it

Any coach (or no coach) would have seen some development out of the list, esp as so many were top 20

I was unimpressed when Bailey got the job and I was unimpressed when he left the job

He might be a nice bloke etc but he was nothing but ordinary as a coach. No need to gild a lily

I hear this comment often but I can't see any proof of it

Any coach (or no coach) would have seen some development out of the list, esp as so many were top 20

I was unimpressed when Bailey got the job and I was unimpressed when he left the job

He might be a nice bloke etc but he was nothing but ordinary as a coach. No need to gild a lily

Just watch the 2 Collingwood games from 2010....Bailey did a great job, but with no FD to speak of he was unable to sustain it.

I am not saying he was perfect...But he did a tough job pretty well.

Just watch the 2 Collingwood games from 2010....Bailey did a great job, but with no FD to speak of he was unable to sustain it.

I am not saying he was perfect...But he did a tough job pretty well.

He struggled with the press, struggled to get kick-ins right after 4 years and played players out of position.

This is a love job for him.

He struggled with the press, struggled to get kick-ins right after 4 years and played players out of position.

This is a love job for him.

Without a Football department Budget how could he compete with the press Week after Week?? The List was Raw and Young when he took it over.

I am just looking at how far back he was when he first took it on....this club was dressed in rags by the end of 2007.

After the Geelong Debacle DB's senior tenure was over, but i do not under estimate what he has prepared for our new Football Departments.