Subbing Meatloaf for Demetriou

bush demon

Guest oldman emubitter

Aussie Rules still has an air of daginess about it, and to be honest, the likes of Angry Anderson, Lionel Ritchie and Meat Loaf sit pretty comfortably with the character of the game. Having said that, Meat Loaf's perfomance certainly wasn't worth that money.

Another washed up rock band like Guns 'n' Roses or Aerosmith would be great for next year!

true, have been reponsible for shite of late but these blokes have playied decent r&b rock for the last 40 years. wouldn't p*ss on meat if he was on fire

Dr.Hook - everyone will be able to sing their karaoke favorites - maybe even the the Doc will stick to the choon too...."when your body's had enough....blalbla balah...)

Think anybody will know who Tommy Steele is?

Should think Australian and get Rolf Harris and his wobble board to do it....

Err, then again most of the crowd these days wouldn't have much idea who he is either!!

Frankie Ifield anyone??? Good aussie

I thought I was witnessing the first live explosion of a human being.

The back up singers were more audible and understandable than he was.

What was with the oscillation in his voice I have never heard anything like it.

When he implored the crowd to sing I thought meatloaf was going to flake it right there on the stage.

Clearly the man's pacemaker was suffering from electrical interference its the only possible cause for

that unnatural freak feast.

The meatloaf has been baked and served clearly it has left us all with an indelible impression that we should

have just returned it to the kitchen and changed the order.

• Like 1

Were you there last year? Lionel was brilliant. Everyone was up and singing along with him. Surprisingly it really worked.

Meatloaf - should have been the same, but just didn't work.

I really don't care how good or how bad he was (yes I did see his performance and unlike the loafer, he could at least still hold a tune), the fact of the matter is, he is irrelevant. What is so hard about providing something contemporary and something local (and I don't mean INXS)?

Angry and the Batmobile will never be outdone...don't bother trying Vlad.

Give the money to a charity or do something Monty Burns would do, but that Meathead performance was not worth a comment...100,000 Collingwood & Geelong supporters heard that live....Now i get it !!!!

Lionel Ritchie followed by Meatloaf .

Sounds like a mediocrity competition.

Don't know why anyone bothered watching; Australia v Russia (Rugby world cup) was on the other channel. Sure it wasn't a great match, but it was 80 minutes of entertainment almost right up until the first bounce!

Rugby pre-game entertainment was heaps better

always is really, sad to say. Dont understand why they cant get it half way decent after all these years

Next year Kamahl?

I didn't watch the pre game entertainment either as I was doing other things.. but it is always so embarrassing.

It's like the Footy Show- according to them- Vannessa Amarossi, The living End or some has been rocker who is well past it are the only acts that are ever in town.

What's wrong with spending a little more and putting on a proper show. Bruno Mars, Usher, Muse... all good suggestions.

true, have been reponsible for shite of late but these blokes have playied decent r&b rock for the last 40 years. wouldn't p*ss on meat if he was on fire

I'd go with your avatar - Suggsie & Madness! At least my kids know their songs from ads & reality TV.

How good we had it in the days of TWO curtin- raisers . I can still remember a precocious Wayne Carey, with permed mullet, killing 'em in the U19's. Drop most of the bells and whistles and at least show us Jack Viney & co in their Grannie .

• Like 1

How good we had it in the days of TWO curtin- raisers .

Couldn't agree more .

I miss the classic Grand Finals marathon the night before aswell .

I hear Shakin Stevens and Joe Dolce are free next year and would love any piece of $600k to perform!

Thoughts anyone?

Gippy

Edited by Gippy Dee

How about Pete Murray , Jebediah or Eskimo Joe to name just a few contempary Aussie acts that would have been great on GF day .

This absolute obsession with retro music baffles me - when are we going to move with the times ?

How about no bloody entertainment and a footy match that 100,000 people who can't get in would injure themselves to get an invite to.

We don't need music, we don't need dancing girls, we just want footy.

• Like 1

I must admit I thought that Lionel Ritchie was going to be a bit of a joke last year. He proved me wrong and really was a good pick.

But Meatloaf was horrid. I heard/read someone say "No amount of gravy in the world could make that meatloaf any good".

If we're going to throw money at ageing acts (presumable to try to appeal to everyone?) surely we've got some great old Australian acts that could do the job.

We shouldn't be putting musical acts on for the oldies anyway - let's face it most of them aren't interested - they just want to watch the footy

A new contempary act that will appeal to a younger audience ( or oldies that aren't preparing for the grave ! ) will do nicely .

How about a bit of vibrancy ? Or is that asking too much ? We Aussies need to move out of 1978 !

We shouldn't be putting musical acts on for the oldies anyway - let's face it most of them aren't interested - they just want to watch the footy

A new contempary act that will appeal to a younger audience ( or oldies that aren't preparing for the grave ! ) will do nicely .

How about a bit of vibrancy ? Or is that asking too much ? We Aussies need to move out of 1978 !

Well I'm fast approaching 60, and I for one would much rather have contemporary Australian acts performing.

But if they have to insist on going offshore and retro, then hell, at least get something that is half decent and none of this MOR rubbish... With 500K to throw around Dimitriou could sign up someone like the Brian Setzer Orchestra.

Well I'm fast approaching 60, and I for one would much rather have contemporary Australian acts performing.

But if they have to insist on going offshore and retro, then hell, at least get something that is half decent and none of this MOR rubbish... With 500K to throw around Dimitriou could sign up someone like the Brian Setzer Orchestra.

Good on ya Hardtack with your opinion and I'm with you 100%

I myself am 52 but I'm not afraid of embracing the new - I reckon we should have contemporary acts at the GF most of the time , with the odd retro act thrown in from time to time ( as long as there is a bit of class and talent involved ! ) .