Weak Club

Freak

You know the reason why everyone loves Gary Lyon, because he is the only person that provides our club with a voice! whether it be on the footy show, or on footy classified he always states his frustrations about the club.

But there are certain things that must be answered.

-Why are we asking for 'maximum compensation' ala Gary Ablett? A strong club should ask for MORE than Gary Ablett. Scully is worth more than Ablett on the trade table considering he is 7 years younger so we should be getting more than Ablett.

A strong club should at least pretend to demand it.

-Also, a strong club would have asked for a logical explanation as to why a judd-Visy deal couldn't have been done for Tom Scully. Adrian Anderson came out with 'Oh, we've tightened the rules since then' and we just roll over and accept. The fans ought to know why they have changed the rules, demand to see the rule changes and also put pressure on the Judd-Visy deal to cease. I've seen none of this.

These 2 points should and would be undertaken if we were a strong club. Fans deserve answers. Collingwood or Carlton were never going to let any of their players go let alone one of the best young talents in the game.

And for anyone says that he isn't, it's like you've been dumped by Jennifer Hawkins and you're trying to rationalise by saying that she wasn't that good, when in fact she was. Melbourne fans, Scully will be a champion

Edited by Freak

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the reason why everyone loves Gary Lyon, because he is the only person that provides our club with a voice! whether it be on the footy show, or on footy classified he always states his frustrations about the club.

-Why are we asking for 'maximum compensation' ala Gary Ablett? A strong club should ask for MORE than Gary Ablett. Scully is worth more than Ablett on the trade table considering he is 7 years younger so we should be getting more than Ablett.

-Also, a strong club would have asked for a logical explanation as to why a judd-Visy deal couldn't have been done for Tom Scully. Adrian Anderson came out with 'Oh, we've tightened the rules since then' and we just roll over and accept. The fans ought to know why they have changed the rules, demand to see the rule changes and also put pressure on the Judd-Visy deal to cease. I've seen none of this.

These 2 points should and would be undertaken if we were a strong club. Fans deserve answers. Collingwood or Carlton were never going to let any of their players go let alone one of the best young talents in the game.

And for anyone says that he isn't, it's like you've been dumped by Jennifer Hawkins and you're trying to rationalise by saying that she wasn't that good, when in fact she was. Melbourne fans, Scully will be a champion

A strong club does not have to live off the AFL's grants. That is all.

I would suggest that a strong club refuses to sell memberships to people who do nothing but attack everything they do.

The AFL compensation arrangements are set to a formula. Adelaide tried to challenge it with Boak and got nowhere. And Scully is worth more than Ablett on the trade table? You are kidding. One is a proven star. One is just paid alot of money now and has a question over his knee.

"A strong club should at least pretend to demand it." - A strong club does not have to rely on pretence.

The AFL has already dealt with the Judd-Visy situation some months ago. It should never have happened. How do you know what discussions the Club has had with the AFL over this. If the fans oughta know then the fans should demand the reasons from the AFL. I am not surprised you dont see any of this.

Neither points are referable to a strong club. Collingwood could still lose players next year to GWS.

Well, you may be right about him being a champion but I believe his body will let him down. he may well be a great player for a couple of years but in the not so long run I feel his degenerative knees will shorten his career, absolutely crazy offering a 6 year deal with those sort of bucks, but then it not their money they are playing with is it ? BASTARDS

Well, you may be right about him being a champion but I believe his body will let him down. he may well be a great player for a couple of years but in the not so long run I feel his degenerative knees will shorten his career, absolutely crazy offering a 6 year deal with those sort of bucks, but then it not their money they are playing with is it ? BASTARDS

Melbourne offered Tom a 5 year contract. Do you think we would've done that if we felt his knee was suspect?

The AFL compensation arrangements are set to a formula. Adelaide tried to challenge it with Boak and got nowhere. And Scully is worth more than Ablett on the trade table? You are kidding. One is a proven star. One is just paid alot of money now and has a question over his knee.

"A strong club should at least pretend to demand it." - A strong club does not have to rely on pretence.

The AFL has already dealt with the Judd-Visy situation some months ago. It should never have happened. How do you know what discussions the Club has had with the AFL over this. If the fans oughta know then the fans should demand the reasons from the AFL. I am not surprised you dont see any of this.

Neither points are referable to a strong club. Collingwood could still lose players next year to GWS.

You are quite right re compensation being set to a formula which as I understand primarily rates player age and proposed salary as its two main criteria. Not ability or soundness. CS deliberately let the cat out of the bag suspecting Scully would be receiving 30- 40% more than Ablett next year and is of course much younger? If the salary part is true, I dont think it is at all unreasonable that we should ask for greater compensation than was afforded for Ablett.

It wasn't just the money. We stuffed this up too.

If we had put together a good season in 2011, like Essendon or the Swans, then he may have decided to stay.

Instead, we put up crap.

$cully looked at their potential list, and looked at our performance this year, and thought his best chance of playing in the top league was with GWS.

I hope he does his leg in round one. Gutted.

It wasn't just the money. We stuffed this up too.

If we had put together a good season in 2011, like Essendon or the Swans, then he may have decided to stay.

Instead, we put up crap.

$cully looked at their potential list, and looked at our performance this year, and thought his best chance of playing in the top league was with GWS.

I hope he does his leg in round one. Gutted.

LOL!

We've been building a list for 4 seasons now and we are still struggling because we are so physically immature. Scully will be lucky to play finals before his 6 year contract is up.

Gold Coast with Gary Ablett won the spoon.

Stop thinking that Scully left because he was unhappy with the club, he left because he saw the cash and had no loyalty to us to even attempt to turn it down.

I got the chance to meet him a few weeks ago, and I could tell straight away that he felt nothing for this club. From talking to him and other players, even players who have had a tough year at the club, he seemed the most disconnected and least passionate.

It is a goddamn privilege to pull on an MFC jumper, not a right, and if he doesn't feel that, then he certainly isn't worth the millions we were going to pay him. He'll fit right in with the rest of the no-name mercenaries at GWS.

So Rhino, you keep avoid answering queries on your avatar, how long do we have to put up with it?

Nothing stopping you removing it until you find a better replacement

Meanwhile I'll continue to skip over your posts

Seen nothing that convinces me he will be a champion, might just be good. Is that worth $6mil? AFL Giants will find out I guess.

I think Cam today has spoken through clenched teeth and the club will mention the compensation is severely lacking. It takes years to have the culture Collingwood and Carlton have and be in a position that players don't want to go. How does the current board get around that?

That is the bigger issue this club must concentrate on.

The AFL make the rules. We need to make our club stronger in every way.

So Rhino, you keep avoid answering queries on your avatar, how long do we have to put up with it?

Nothing stopping you removing it until you find a better replacement

Meanwhile I'll continue to skip over your posts

Ditto

LOL!We've been building a list for 4 seasons now and we are still struggling because we are so physically immature. Scully will be lucky to play finals before his 6 year contract is up. Gold Coast with Gary Ablett won the spoon. Stop thinking that Scully left because he was unhappy with the club, he left because he saw the cash and had no loyalty to us to even attempt to turn it down.I got the chance to meet him a few weeks ago, and I could tell straight away that he felt nothing for this club. From talking to him and other players, even players who have had a tough year at the club, he seemed the most disconnected and least passionate. It is a goddamn privilege to pull on an MFC jumper, not a right, and if he doesn't feel that, then he certainly isn't worth the millions we were going to pay him. He'll fit right in with the rest of the no-name mercenaries at GWS.

Great points he never did buy in and be the number one pick he should of been.

It depends who they get next year.

I call upon every single MFC supporter to show this little shite who we are and what we stand for this is a call to arms it's time to stop accepting

the same [censored] weak non-committed crap we have always put up with. This year buy 2 memberships I have. Scream at this little bastard when he's out on field

at our home game in his charcoal and orange. This maggot needs to be booed beyond the proverbial and 50k supporters at a MFC vs Greater [censored] Stain game booing

all in unison will make me feel better.

lets make sure that the next time Tom Scully keeps his eye on the red and blue he's scared when it happens.

Not promoting violence just extreme intimidation.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

Big f'n deal - we have given away players in the past - Wells still wrenchs' my guts.

Scully went for the money- the club could bend over backwards and take it up the arse form the AFL it won't change much.

We are a club in decline- have been for decades. We are not one of the big 4 - the period between 1930's and 1960's we stood for something= but the last few generations that has eroded, I still remember the resurgence when Barassi returned and the northey period= people came out and supported- but by then we had robbed Peter to pay Paul and had abandoned the MCC-MFC alignment.

The PR over giving he would cannot be named the No. 31 makes this all the more to swallow but then RDB left end of 64' and started a trend we just have to move on- the way the club responds will tell if we are a weak club or not. the naming of a coach that is desired and can bring people to the games is the big deciding question.

Edited by spiritof76

I call upon every single MFC supporter to show this little shite who we are and what we stand for this is a call to arms it's time to stop accepting

the same [censored] weak non-committed crap we have always put up with. This year buy 2 memberships I have. Scream at this little bastard when he's out on field

at our home game in his charcoal and orange. This maggot needs to be booed beyond the proverbial and 50k supporters at a MFC vs Greater [censored] Stain game booing

lets make sure that the next time Tom Scully keeps his eye on the red and blue he's scared when it happens.

Exactly!! And yet he's doing bio's and video intro's. On SEN he says as he signs off, 'have you boys seen this place'? All excited and selling it.

Diablo

I would never consider intimidation but the little toad will have to play at "boutique" stadiums aka low attendance venues such as Manuka in the ACT where the voice carries accross the arena If the kneeless one plays us I will be their to give full vent to my feelings on his treachery.

Edited by Mydee

A strong club does not have to live off the AFL's grants. That is all.

...they just live off the AFL indirectly (ie. by being gifted a commercially lucrative fixture).

I'm pretty sure the Cats forced the issue on Ablett and got more than they would have done if they'd kept Mum.

In fact, the 'flexibile' approach of the AFL when it comes to their policies is apparent in your next point:

Why shouldn't it have happened? There was a marketing allowance - working in a similar way to the salary cap - available for all Clubs to utilise, should they be able to find companies willing to tip in, of course. This doesn't seem any more unfair than having Clubs allowed to pay '100%' of the salary cap while others pay in the low 90s, and some might argue that it isn't significantly different to the fact that some Clubs can pour so much more money into their football department and facilities.

I think there are two problems with the AFL's change of heart.

First, the fact that the AFL decreed that the marketing cap could not be used to retain players just as GWS and GC start pillaging lists means that while some Clubs have players on their list that are benefiting from these arrangements, other Clubs cannot use them.

Second, iIf the AFL did indeed want to put an end to this marketing allowance, or at least modify it, it seems to be that the fair way to go about doing so would be to phase it out/modify it at the point any existing arrangements expire, so that all Clubs would be on an equal footing.