The Mitch Clark Thread

Heart Beats True

We leave him there to play the role that no one has played properly for us in years.

While he may have been more of a CHF, Neitz didn't to a bad job of playing FF for us a few years ago.

Well. I can say for an absolute certainty that this was the last thing I was expecting to see when I got home tonight. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! Awesome work MFC!

P.S. Now I can really stick it up my two filth supporting mates who bagged our club for not being able to lure him!!!

• Like 1

8 + 12 sounds steep for Tippett to me. 8 + 16 should get it done.

Well it looks like Brisbane have 8+12. Let''s see if that's what they use to get Tippet.

I just got up and nearly choked on my corn flakes! Great stuff by us to land him. Is there anything left for us this trade week? Anyone hear about Maric?

• Like 1

Well, that was surprising news to wake up to! I'm absolutely thrilled with this. This is our biggest trade since the Jeff White deal in 1997. Harrington and co could be roundly congratulated for this. They've put the time in trade week into a deal I though was well-intentioned but fanciful, and it's paid off. I always thought it was a fool's errand due to his desire to go home to family, but I guess with the extra coin he'll be able to fly them out more often!

Great stuff. Atention now turns to what we can do in the rest of the trade period. Clark in for LeTom means we have no list spots left. Maric & Warnock delisted/traded. Spencer would have to be in the gun. Does the Bate deal now get put back on the table? Should be a interesting day and a half. In the meantime, I'll try to wipe the smile off my face!

I have played cards O D. I can see your point...BUT it is still a massive risk to go into the PSD rather than accept a very good Contract.

It will only take one club to say "stuff it....Get him" for your theory to disappear.

I still think we should have taken Ball....But i like to take a risk from time to time.

He would have been solid as.

Well WYL it looks like you were right.

According to the HUN today he did not want to risk the PSD.

On this occasion I am happy to be wrong.

Good pick mate.

This is also a massive plus on so many levels.

The forward line now becomes unpredictable and enigmatic.

This will prolong the career of Jamar by having him benched properly, rather than copping a knee in the back by some defender.

Beamer could have 2 or 3 amazing years.

Stef's development could go through the roof as he needs to build his aerobic capacity to become a ruckman/midfielder and get his own ball.

This signing is huge!

Edited by jumbo returns

YES!

Don't care that we might be paying overs wage-wise. $3.2mil over 4 years (based on what's floating around) is $800kpa, OR down around that $600k mark with a front load in 2012. We've already got huge cap issues with being too low, so I'll bet we'll just throw money at Clark to drag it down.

Great get Melbourne, very well done, I sleep a pleased man tonight!

I agree, we probably paid too much but I don't care, it is a statement by the club and a good one.

He will be a very good acquisition and I reckon a much better player than Hale, who we were going to pay $400k for anyway.

i wonder who drove this the recruiters or the coaches?

I agree, we probably paid too much but I don't care, it is a statement by the club and a good one.

He will be a very good acquisition and I reckon a much better player than Hale, who we were going to pay $400k for anyway.

i wonder who drove this the recruiters or the coaches?

don't really care Robbie

One of the few times in 2011 football year that I am smiling.

Then again I did have a big smile on sunday 2nd. Oct.

Geez, imagine how excited everyone would be if he was a good player.

Post 1???? Obviously a jealous Freo supporter, sign up to demonland just to post this crud did you?

HF Green Watts Petterd

F Howe Clarke Jurrah

get excited

Huge , the flow on benefits to the Howe,s Jurrahs etc will be massive.The most important missing piece to our structure has been filled. Now we really can hope for improvement

Well. I can say for an absolute certainty that this was the last thing I was expecting to see when I got home tonight. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! Awesome work MFC!

P.S. Now I can really stick it up my two filth supporting mates who bagged our club for not being able to lure him!!!

Absolutely!

I had a Dawks fan at work say on Friday "why are they wasting their time chasing him, he wants to go home.......they're dreaming!"

Look forward to seeing him tomorrow!

Great gets Dees!

Well WYL it looks like you were right.

According to the HUN today he did not want to risk the PSD.

On this occasion I am happy to be wrong.

Good pick mate.

Thanks O D...an unexpected win. Persistence does pay off at the right time.

Half forwards are midfielders these days, and Petterd, Howe, Watts all play that roles (of midfielder) well. Jurrah need to get stronger in his tackling or most likely play as an outside /winger type when not deep in the forward line.

I'd like to see a true small forward in that forward line, i.e. Wonna or Davey.

I'd also expect to see Sylvia and Tapscott playing HFF at times as well.

Potent if we can get them all firing.

Am I the only one that sees that we may have too many half forwards? We will get killed on the turn over with that set up. I wonder what Petterds worth is?

Clark is a great get and gives us a much better structure. IMO it looks more like:

Howe Watts Sylvia

Jurrah Clark Davey

Does ask the question about where Bate, Green, Petterd and Dunn fit in.

Half forwards are midfielders these days, and Petterd, Howe, Watts all play that roles (of midfielder) well. Jurrah need to get stronger in his tackling or most likely play as an outside /winger type when not deep in the forward line.

I'd like to see a true small forward in that forward line, i.e. Wonna or Davey.

I'd also expect to see Sylvia and Tapscott playing HFF at times as well.

Potent if we can get them all firing.

I disagree that half forwards are mids (although Howe may become one) but I agree that more mids are playing across half forward ie: Sylvia, Trengove.... I also agree we need a true small in that set up. Based on this there is only room for 2 of Petterd, Howe, Bate, Jurrah, Green in our forward set up.