Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Mitch Clark Thread

Heart Beats True

Sad day for football. Money wins over family? Really?

Good for us... But who is to say he doesn't want to go home this time next year?

Maybe his whole family is coming too Melbourne! :lol:

Mark Robinson tweeted that he hopes we aren't paying him too much...

What does it matter when we had a $600k offer knocked back by a certain someone a few weeks ago.

Gotta pay someone.

I'm glad it is a 200cm athletic CHF/Ruck who has a great leap.

My son tells me that a mate 'in the know' said that the price was 780k a year.....and no, he wasn't at the Belgrave Safeway

This opens up the whole forward line me thinks..

So our deal did convince him....i always thought Fremantle and the Media made an early call..

Yesterday MC had "agreed" but nothing was signed...Glad we didn't give up on our mission

Up Yours Greg Denham...We Stand Tall.

• Like 1

Where are the Harrington / Prendergast knockers now?

Just goes to show that the vast majority have NFI when it comes to what the club is actually doing and they'd be better off putting faith in them and priaising their work rather than the constant negative drivel that gets spewed up here far too often!

+ 1 as I said in the Denham post the fact we dont leak info anymore and how quiet the whole Clark thing was kept from day 1 shows how professional we have become, can't wait to hear Hagdorn tomorrow morning on 6PR

Sad day for football. Money wins over family? Really?

Good for us... But who is to say he doesn't want to go home this time next year?

4 year contract and if it had to be he could be traded under our terms. Massive get for the Dees. I imagine we would have offered to front load his contract as well because we have room in cap, thanks to someone leaving a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

My son tells me that a mate 'in the know' said that the price was 780k a year.....and no, he wasn't at the Belgrave Safeway

3.12m over 4 years doesn't seem right to me, but who knows.

It's a risk but we all realise that we can't have skinny toddlers in every position.

I hope we go after Simon Black aswell...

Maybe his whole family is coming too Melbourne! :lol:

By the sounds of it - he can afford to bring them out.

From the Fremantle website:

Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond said that the club was not in a position to match the second of two offers Melbourne had put to Clark, who has spent the past six seasons with Brisbane.

“If we were to match Melbourne’s offer to Mitch it would make him the highest paid player at our club over the next four seasons and we are not prepared to compromise our list management model to achieve that outcome,” Bond said.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/125148/default.aspx

Now we have Mitch. I can see Bater being moved on by Monday's deadline. We still need to get something for him though.

Bate too Bulldogs, Hill & Pick 36 too Eagles, Koby Stevens too Demon's?

• Like 1

Interesting what happens to stef Martin now

I really don't see the issue here.

I believe Mitch Clark was excited by the prospect of playing mainly forward at Freo and I see him doing the same.

He is incredibly athletic for a 200cm bloke and I can see all three playing in the one team with Clark doing very little rucking.

Jamar and Martin could never be the number one forward and while Clark has had his downers, he has the potential to be that target.

4 year contract and if it had to be he could be traded under our terms. Massive get for the Dees. I imagine we would have offered to front load his contract as well because we have room in cap, thanks to someone leaving a few weeks ago.

We were struggling to pay 92.5% of the cap for next year, let alone 100%. We would have front loaded the hell out of it. This is where such supporter events like last August help out immensely. It has allowed us to pay the maximum in the cap, and look what we have netted.

If the majority of his pay is spread over his 1st 2 years, there won't be much of a problem with retaining our kids in the future either!

woohoo..

Happy to wait for official announcement

Times, they are a changin'

Any worry for Martin is just misguided IMO. I think that Melbourne has recruited Clark as a forward, not a Ruck. Jamar and Martin can handle themselves up front, but they are never going to rip it up. Mitch Clark will be able to fill that role. It may take a bit of forward training focus, but he will do it. Can't wait :)

• Like 2

By the sounds of it - he can afford to bring them out.

From the Fremantle website:

Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond said that the club was not in a position to match the second of two offers Melbourne had put to Clark, who has spent the past six seasons with Brisbane.

“If we were to match Melbourne’s offer to Mitch it would make him the highest paid player at our club over the next four seasons and we are not prepared to compromise our list management model to achieve that outcome,” Bond said.

http://www.fremantle...48/default.aspx

Liar liar, pants on fire. Did he forget about Pav.