Tom Scully

Rogue

I just wish this was over I cant manufacture the will to continue being engaged with such conjecture about a single player.

It really sucks when you support a club that's been as low as we have and everyone is telling you your going to be hamstrung

just as it looks like your getting some momentum.

GWS are pathetic, AFL is pathetic go get Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood, St Kilda, Bulldog players at least they have repaid their clubs

faith.

This whole sage is the most nauseating event since the 2nd quarter on the 2nd September 2000 at least that train wreck lasted 2.5hrs

This train wreck has been going for 4 months.

GWS just wait for your young talent coming out of contract with go home sentiment. I hope we pillage clubs when free agency arrives

Can't handle the insecurity/helplessness/disempowerment I want to believe that good players will want to stay at my club because

any other choice would be stupid. That we are the place to be.

I think his gone, If he stays I'll be the first to appologise I think it's easier for my psyche to believe he'll go the fall wont be as far if it happens.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bb59 and co...you can not say with certainty that anyone , in this instance Scully has signed anything. You have no evidence to support such a statement. What you can say is that you "believe' he has signed something...and that is your perogative. But dont overtate actualities please.

You see what I did there?

Brainstamp!

certainly did ...youre incapable of your own creations so you seek to covet others. ??

Ive never stated 'for certain " he has. Ive only mantained this certainly isnt as its being presented. Now.. back to your ability to state he hasnt...How do you support that. Dont say,just because he says so as thats unsubstatiated. It only goes to what he says. The same person who suggests he knows nothing of the deals before his management.. really... who honestly is going to beleive that ? you probably

Now...see if you can find your own words.

I can't be bothered reading back to see if anyone else has posted this, but it seems the AFL are changing the rules to help GWS snare Scully.

Check out the article.

Amazingly, even though they signed off on third party payments as recently as last year, they are now telling us that if we try it with Tom it will be seen as part of the salary cap. Gotta love the "even playing field" the AFL provide.

Completely off topic, but I heard Scully's manager talking on AFL 360 tonight; is he a former jockey or has he just been organising the helium filled balloons for a kids birthday party?

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I just wish this was over I cant manufacture the will to continue being engaged with such conjecture about a single player.

I've got to agree there. I still think he is ours to lose but the whole drama is sucking the like out of me. It's getting to the point that I don't care what he does as long as he puts us out of our misery one way of the other.

certainly did ...youre incapable of your own creations so you seek to covet others. ??

Ive never stated 'for certain " he has. Ive only mantained this certainly isnt as its being presented. Now.. back to your ability to state he hasnt...How do you support that. Dont say,just because he says so as thats unsubstatiated. It only goes to what he says. The same person who suggests he knows nothing of the deals before his management.. really... who honestly is going to beleive that ? you probably

Now...see if you can find your own words.

Are you really going to have a pissing contest with me over eloquence and originality?

It'll go about as well as your naive (heh) pissing contest on spelling a couple of days ago...

I have always maintained that I believe he will stay. I am not as certain of his staying as, say, RR and ADC are of his departure (I know that you are not as unequivocal).

My point is, and I am going to continue to drill on this until facts (not rumour) tell me otherwise, that I know that Tom hasn't signed.

This is what I am certain of - and you can question his integrity and call him a liar until the cows grab a taxi home - I believe him.

I believe what the kid says.

You would like to be afforded the same courtesy, and I am sure you are.

Give it to Tom.

Anyway, why does the AFL have to come out and comment on everything Scully-related with continual undertones of him leaving? As others have said it is like they are desperate for him to leave. It's a real us-versus-them and there would be nothing sweeter than for him to stay and we win a flag and stick it right up them.

Slightly amused why they're continuously commenting on GWS/Scully. Agree Scoop.

Anyone care to guess who?

If I'm thinking what you're thinking, I don't like it.

rpfc and co...you can not say with certainty that anyone , in this instance Scully has not signed anything. You have no evidence to support such a statement. What you can say is that you "believe' he has not signed anything...and that is your perogative. But dont overtate actualities please.

Nor can you say that he has signed/committed/nodded. You have no evidence either.

Ditto.

What we can say is that we believe in Tom's words which to date, seem to be vindicated given recent statements.

As he has said to Schwab in discussion, "Why don't they just take my word?"...(ie. why do they believe otherwise?)... .

< Sticking fat with TS.

rpfc and co...you can not say with certainty that anyone , in this instance Scully has not signed anything. You have no evidence to support such a statement. What you can say is that you "believe' he has not signed anything...and that is your perogative. But dont overtate actualities please.

About the only thing that holds up to scrutiny by all reports is that recently the MFc has mnade an offer of 3 million ovver 5 years to Velocity. . Seems somewhat unbeleivable that even through common courtesy the club wouldnt not have mentioned this figure to the individual concerned as well... We also can take it that GWS have a 5 mil over 5 year offer on the table. But we , well ceertainly I dotn take it as read that this has only just manifested itself as I trust neither Velocity nor GWS. But there is no reason for the MFC to be misrepresenting itself here.

This reminds me somewhat of playig a hand of Misere in 500. Only some things are known...all else is summised.

I think I can say with certainty that he hasn't signed the only people that says he has are people with impeccable sources??? So until they name them I think you should show a little respect. The club doesn't speak to the players about contracts or extensions. Just because you don't believe it (like that fact he hasn't sign or looked at offers) that doesn't mean that its the case.

Although the club put pressure on Tom to extend last year it was all on his management no one from the club approached him directly. The football department don;t want contracts ruining the year as players are always coming out of contract hence they don't involve themselves in any of that.

Now.. back to your ability to state he hasnt...How do you support that. Dont say,just because he says so as thats unsubstatiated. It only goes to what he says.

If something hasn't occurred how besides denial of said subject could you possible produce evidence. As someone who has produce many brief of evidences for court your statement has no logic

I would respectively suggest to all and any naysayers we dont KNOW any more at all. What we are witnessing is somethig of a reasonably well choreographed song and dance show. What we know is evidence of something happening. Who here can without doubt suggest it happened at time 'x' time 'y' or another datre ?.

This is a puppet show , but not all participants are aware of the puppeteers.

Only as of his signing one way or another will the real truth just start to peer out . Even then it might be a while before all facts are flushed out.

I truly dont see how events of the past few days vindicate one party more than than another.... theyre just more pieces to a puzzle.

This puppetry of the principles, is very off putting. But your right Belze.

It's probably true that Tom hasn't signed, most likely hasn't. But I don't believe he or one of his caretakers hasn't taken something for some sort of 'arrangement'.

The thing that I hang onto is that Both Jarman boys HAD Signed an agreement of some kind with Melbourne, taking a some of money, for a couple of years but never came over to us for some reason? Eventually Daren came over to play for the Hawks.

This gives me some hope that Tom may not be over the line just yet & we may still get him to stay with us in Melbourne.

It is also a discredit to this forum of the behaviour of the moderators. For the most part they have fuelled this controversy here by siding with the Scully fanboys instead of being even handed and impartial. A shameful example is allowing the recent hatchet job on David Schwartz to continue for daring to opine that Tom is already gone as the rest of the world apparently already knows.

I love having this discussion over and over again.

Our job is to impartially enforce the rules of the site, it's not to be opinion neutral on footy matters. Maybe it should be (I'd hand in my quit letter immediately if that were the case), but it's not. Tell Andy or Jack if you don't like it.

im sick of this

Stop looking :-) I know I'm going to need counselling after this whole Scully GWS thing has been resolved and we no longer have this thread.

We'll have to discuss....FOOTBALL. My god!

No, by then it's the off season, so that means things usually get worse.

Maybe the thread title could be changed periodically to keep it all fresh and to keep team sippers on-task. fwiw my thought- of-the-day relates to the blucher interview where he felt the need to repeat the information that 'we don't even know who the coach will be next year', followed by his statement that the decision (on scully) would be made shortly after the last round. well i doubt any COACHING decision will be made that soon, making this a fairly gratuitous even misleading comment by blucher. making me think the decision has already been made, hence my thread title, "The Needle and the Damage done". "I hit the city and i lost my band gubby allen got another man, oooh ooh the damage done."

Guest hangon007

I think I can say with certainty that he hasn't signed the only people that says he has are people with impeccable sources??? So until they name them I think you should show a little respect. The club doesn't speak to the players about contracts or extensions. Just because you don't believe it (like that fact he hasn't sign or looked at offers) that doesn't mean that its the case.

Although the club put pressure on Tom to extend last year it was all on his management no one from the club approached him directly. The football department don;t want contracts ruining the year as players are always coming out of contract hence they don't involve themselves in any of that.

Begs the question.

Why did his management not recommend he sign it then in your opinion? Did they not for see the rumour speculation and innuendo?

im sick of this

I'm sick of it also. Its turned a lacklusture season into a shambles. I'm becoming more and more resentful of the afl, scully, the media and the game itself. There are lies everywhere, highlighted by the fact that they claimed all qlong they wouldnt discuss contracts until seasons end but here we are at round 17 and its confirmed they are accepting offers. The club can say all they want but when news reporters are chasing your players down the street during training there has to be a deststabilizing affect. Im at the point where I want this over with, stay or go. Also, what are the long term ramifications of paying this kid over the odds and letting the tail wag the dog in terms of contract demands?

Edited by stranga

Begs the question.

Why did his management not recommend he sign it then in your opinion? Did they not for see the rumour speculation and innuendo?

If Tom signs with MFC will their not be speculation with Trengove, Gysbert et al next year. They thought he would be a better position to negotiate at the end of his first contract rather than take a small increase over three years which was what the extension was about but still didn't put him outside the moving to GWS (which is a huge bargaining chip, and if he goes means the MFC have the uphand next year when over 50% of the list comes out of contract)

Trengove most likely extended the contract and instead of being on 110K and 130K a season he is on 200K a season. So in his third season he is actually on 360K a season which is the standard size contract. If the 600K offer is true Scully made a better decision to wait.