Howe - fantastic debut performance

Jetta - his best game

Strauss - may silence knockers

Nicholson - pace and poise

Evans - enthusiasm and application

Green - Leave him forward

Jones - contested footy bliss

Watts - better contested footy

Gysberts - a natural footballer (Dean Baily quote)

Bennell - beat his man

Frawly - lacking some confidence

Trengove - amazing return game

Morton - better contested footy

Syliva - no!, another injury

McKenzie - best on ground

Moloney - gut running special

Jurrah - squibbed contested marks

River - awesome backline leader

McDonald - deserves his spot

Scully - fantastic line breaker

Martin - great ruckman emerging

Gawn - very promising signs

Howe - awesome team player

Jetta - tough gut runner

Strauss - soft tackles squibbed

Nicholson - tough little hombre (dennis committee - I think)

Evans - good decision maker

Jurrah - kicked his three

Cant possibly drop a bloke who keeps getting his 3... they might have been lucky ones but our forward line is better with him there.. just needs support.

and he ut in moe effort last night

Jetta - his best game. ---> getting a bit picky here, but i went and saw the boys play port in Darwin last year (one point win!) and that was his best game in my opinion, dominated in the slippery, humid conditions!

but yes, he was good last night, I'm loving Jetta and Bennell combos!

Jurrah - kicked his three

Cant possibly drop a bloke who keeps getting his 3... they might have been lucky ones but our forward line is better with him there.. just needs support.

and he ut in moe effort last night

I dunno. A lot of people bagged Robbo because all he did (they say) was kick goals. Can't have a guy in the side who does nothing but kick goals every week.

Liam desperately needs to work on his application when the ball is there to be won, either by himself or a teammate. At the start of the second quarter he embarrassed himself with a couple of really bad efforts. One of them cost us a goal. He showed in the third that he can play a more physical role, but we need him to lift his workrate and do it for the entire match, week after week.

Cant understand why people would be calling for LJ to be dropped. His output is down, but he is kicking goals and takes a good defender to mind him every week.

Should really do this, thus...

Green - finally up forward

Jones - man of steel

Watts - will breakout soon

Gysberts - best to come

Bennell - underrated and superb

Frawley - outshone by Riv

Trengove - he never left

Morton - actually quite good

Sylvia - come back Col

McKenzie - tackles, tackles everywhere

Moloney - fought every minute

Jurrah - better 2nd half

Rivers - spoil, tackle, clear!

MacDonald - much-needed support

Scully - welcome back Skull

Martin - rover doing ruckwork

Gawn - will be better

Howe - he can play

Jetta - really strong game

Strauss - all-round skills

Nicholson - lightning-fast skills

Evans - solid all round

Strauss solid 3rd game

show me where he squibbed. I just watched the replay and he's had a solid 3rd game. He needs to get stronger in the upper body like most of his teammates. To say he squibbed is wrong.

Edited by Rogue
Added quote tags

Jurrah - squibbed contested marks

Jurrah did not squib any contested marks... if anything, I would say that with all of the criticism he has come under for constantly going the speckie, he is probably a little too conscious of it and is holding back - which is not necessarily a bad thing as his crumbing ability and ability to score those opportunistic goals is not too bad at all.

As for Strauss squibbing, I'm with Roost It on that.

Edited by hardtack

Easily Green's best game for the year.

Kicked a Captains goal in the last quarter when the game was still on the line.

Finally he spent most of the game in the forward line.

For God's sake leave him there on Monday.

Jurrah did not squib any contested marks... if anything, I would say that with all of the criticism he has come under for constantly going the speckie, he is probably a little too conscious of it and is holding back - which is not necessarily a bad thing as his crumbing ability and ability to score those opportunistic goals is not too bad at all.

Well said. Liam was crucified by all and sundry earlier in the season for going for too many speccies, and since then I reckon he's become a bit tentative in marking contests. For what it's worth, I reckon he needs to be encouraged to play his natural game which is so incredibly instinctive. Time to let him off the leash. While he's kicking his 3 goals each week, he also is a goal assist player and is viewed by many inside the club as the most unselfish player in the team. He would have had 4 goals against the bummers had he not passed the ball to Neville Jetta. I thought he tackled really well on friday night and was unlucky not to get a couple of free kicks. It could easily have been a 5 goal night for Liam. Sure, he needs to keep working harder each week, but I can't wait to see how he goes when he's got Jamar along side him in the goal square.

Jones - does his job

Watts - edging towards breakout

Gysberts - can find football

Bennell - took them on

Frawley - another reasonable performance

Trengove - skill, determination, workrate

Morton - much tougher effort

Sylvia - subbed off early

McKenzie - one tough hombre

Moloney - great second half

Jurrah - needs to lift

Rivers - outstanding all night

Macdonald - showed his professionalism

Scully - run, run, run

Martin - agility is bewildering

Gawn - something for future

Howe - amazing first game

Jetta - hard, agile, clean

Strauss - can build upon

Nicholson - speed + left boot = !

Evans - never shirks issue

As for Strauss squibbing, I'm with Roost It on that.

I'm not sure if Strauss squibbed a couple of tackles or what the reason was but he definitly missed a couple. There was a memorable one in the middle of the ground that directly resulted in a goal or shot on goal. Hes only young so I hope he gets better at it because I think he could be a very good part of the team.

If Jurrah didn't squib contested marks then he pulled out of a few he should've gone for. I think we all aggree he's out of form at the moment (which is why he started on the bench) and that's one element I'd love to see him improve on. I agree with rude boy that he should just be allowed to play his natural game which is awesome.

All in all the constested footy was way better this week and its good contested footy that is going to win us finals in years to come.

Edited by Banter

Jetta - his best game. ---> getting a bit picky here, but i went and saw the boys play port in Darwin last year (one point win!) and that was his best game in my opinion, dominated in the slippery, humid conditions!

but yes, he was good last night, I'm loving Jetta and Bennell combos!

The team mix seemed to have struck the right recipe and those two were fizzing off each other - unpredictable and classy

Perhaps these talents together with their speed are part of what's been missing.