Some apologies to Davey? Out 6-8 Weeks

sue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was evidently more than sore.

And how do you know there was not a point where it was a manageable injury that suddenly became serious?

I would say half the team, on all occasions, are managing slight injuries.

Really unfair.

Playing on the concrete at Etihad maybe....funny how many players we've lost after a couple of games there....

Edited by Wadda We Sing

The Davey situation is a good example of why more people on forums should get away from their computers and look at real football with real knowledge of the game!

MFC's list is pretty good (with only a few 'list cloggers'), however nothing personal, but DB is not the coach to lead us forward - the quicker some people wake up to that the better for the club!

Enough is enough, no more excuses!

Sure he hasn't been playing well, but maybe some of those who poured %#$#$ on him, even suggesting his injury was a fake 'injury', might apologise now that he is out for 6-8 weeks - a little long for nothing wrong with him

Hmmn, very strange. He was shown on the news having his knee looked at during the North game. He didn't look at all interested in the knee being looked at, didn't look concerned about the knee in any way.

When a player has an arthroscope to tidy up a knee, it's usually between 2 to 4 weeks out. What is really going on?

If only someone in this thread would claim that we should play the kids.

This is getting beyond a joke. As a wise religious man once said... "footy sucks sometimes."

I thought the club was bullshitting about the injury to cover for Davey being dropped, especially given Bailey said post match he'd be 50-50 for this weekend, but I was wrong.

I wish him a quick recovery, and I hope that when he is back on the field he plays with a lot more intent and physically, that befitting a vice captain.

Let it go. There's not a player going around who hasn't heard footsteps. He's been a champion of the club and deserves more respect than you give him.

I'll give him a mighty send of if he's retiring. But right now he is a Vice Captain. Vice captains shouldn't hear footsteps. What example does that set to the young players?

I'm pretty sure Aaron knows this himself. Would you want Dean Bailey going up to him and saying, bad luck about taking a few short steps and unlucky on those umpiring decisions, I'm not having a go at you because it's clear to me you had a sore knee.

Sure about that?

I would reckon a bung knee might inhibit pushing back into a contest.

Have a look at the footage, if you are content that a sore knee stopped him going back on that ball then that's fair enough. To me it looked like he didn't want to put the body on the line.

Yep it is time to play all the kids we can for the rest of the season i think.

We need to see who has got it in them. Nicho & Evans have both been good.

Stef in the Ruck is learning more each week....2011 is officially.....

Hmmn, very strange. He was shown on the news having his knee looked at during the North game. He didn't look at all interested in the knee being looked at, didn't look concerned about the knee in any way.

When a player has an arthroscope to tidy up a knee, it's usually between 2 to 4 weeks out. What is really going on?

I had an arthroscope on my knee a few years back and my knee was still in agony 3 months later and it took a year till it felt like normal. It depends on the nature and extent of the damage. Didn't Aussie's knee keep him out for a year?

Why did our medical personnel. allow him to continue playing if there was even a remote possibility of a knee injury flaring up? If they brought him off early during the St Kilda game he might've only been out for 1 or 2 rather than 6 - 8.

I'm no medical expert but surely a player clutching his knee in p[ain needs more attention than a quick rub with deep heat and straight back out there?

The Davey situation is a good example of why more people on forums should get away from their computers and look at real football with real knowledge of the game!

MFC's list is pretty good (with only a few 'list cloggers'), however nothing personal, but DB is not the coach to lead us forward - the quicker some people wake up to that the better for the club!

Enough is enough, no more excuses!

That's a good post in a thread. Just not this one.

Guest lambtotheslaughter

I have a crook knee due to footy. gained in the early 70's and still an issue

You do your knee and you know what pain is

Good luck Aaron and next year mate

I have a crook knee due to footy. gained in the early 70's and still an issue

You do your knee and you know what pain is

Good luck Aaron and next year mate

Medical science has come a long way since then.

but it will make it hard to trade him with a dicky knee

Too many strange things for my liking happening and now also two big betting plunges against us in two weeks plus the mother of them all last week. Some sort of internal meltdown going on. I've had enough.

We have a truckload of injuries and we got badly rolled against North with a threadbare team and we then play St Kilda and Carlton. I would have thought the money was chasing the bleeding logic. Hardly evidence of an internal meltdown.

If you have had enough will you come clean on the GWS offer?

Considering his 2009 and 2010, I think it fair to assume this injury has curtailed his ability to perform.

It doesn't excuse other aspects of his game though...

Agree certainly on the last sentence.

Why did our medical personnel. allow him to continue playing if there was even a remote possibility of a knee injury flaring up? If they brought him off early during the St Kilda game he might've only been out for 1 or 2 rather than 6 - 8.

I'm no medical expert but surely a player clutching his knee in p[ain needs more attention than a quick rub with deep heat and straight back out there?

The dangers of speculation without the facts or the expertise.

We have a truckload of injuries and we got badly rolled against North with a threadbare team and we then play St Kilda and Carlton. I would have thought the money was chasing the bleeding logic. Hardly evidence of an internal meltdown.

If you have had enough will you come clean on the GWS offer?

Agree certainly on the last sentence.

The dangers of speculation without the facts or the expertise.

No RR, just a question. Which any poster, on any forum, is entitled to pose, especially when a passionate supporter of a footy club. In a similar vain, I asked questions, on this topic, in two earlier posts. In my view, those questions are worth asking and more importantly, deserve an answer.

No RR, just a question. Which any poster, on any forum, is entitled to pose, especially when a passionate supporter of a footy club. In a similar vain, I asked questions, on this topic, in two earlier posts. In my view, those questions are worth asking and more importantly, deserve an answer.

Are you a Doctor??

When you do find out please tell us all. Thanks.

You just have to laugh at how bad our luck has been. Really couldn't come at a worse time with massive games against Collingwood and Richmond coming up. Fingers crossed for some speedy recoveries over the next fortnight.

Personally I'd just like to see us have a dig with the players we have at our disposal. I've had it up to the teeth with the damage control footy that commits us to an "honourable" loss, which still turns out to 40+ points. Go out there and attack and see what happens.

Are you a Doctor??

When you do find out please tell us all. Thanks.

No, nor did I ever claim to be. Simply put, we are, as supporters, entitled to ask the question, despite your bellicose and parsimonious attitude. When in doubt, as a paid up member, I will continue to be fearless in asking questions.