• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for next week vs Carlton

Eth

MacDonald was disgraceful. Takes the game on?? How obvious to everyone at the ground ( excluding J Mac) how important the first goal of the last qr was. First minute he gets it, instead of moving the ball on he trys to take everyone on, holds onto it for way too long and gives away a free. Just to ensure St Kilda get a momentum boost he then gives away 50 to ensure saints kick the goal.

He should be dropped never to return.

Actually, it was Davey who gave them the 50m penalty. He was penalised for not giving the ball back to the player directly.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I really don't care who plays as long a Newton never does again. He is a terrible and dumb footballer, and it reflects badly on the club that he gets a game at AFL level.

Hard to give clear ins and outs with no injury report to date. However:

OUT : Newton (never again to be considered), Davey (must be rested for his soft efforts), MacDonald. Not giving what is required at AFL level, even for a bottom side like the Dees. They embarrassed our jumper a few times today. Sad to see - especially from Davey. Tappy (injured)

IN : Howe (should have been in this week). Blease, Strauss, and Bennell. I am not sure any of these three deserve a call-up but we need pace and effort.

FB: Bartram Warnock Frawley

HB: Macdonald Rivers Blease

C: Jones Moloney Evans

HF: Jetta Watts Green

FF: Petterd Gawn Maric

Foll: Martin Sylvia Nicholson

Int: Jurrah, McKenzie, Gysberts

Sub: Davey

OUT:

Newton - simply not good enough

Bate - see Newton

Tapscott - Injured

IN:

Gawn, Blease, Nicholson

Davey as the sub is something a bit controversial, but if he's not injured I'm not sure dropping him is the answer. Put him as the sub and bring him on fresh to see if he can get into the game that way. We'll probably be already losing but the freshen up might help. The Judd factor is massive, but I'm liking the idea of bringing in Nicholson for a shot at him. He has the speed and endurance and I think Bartram is needed to play on Garlett.

FB: Bartram Warnock Frawley

HB: Macdonald Rivers Blease

C: Jones Moloney Evans

HF: Jetta Watts Green

FF: Petterd Gawn Maric

Foll: Martin Sylvia Nicholson

Int: Jurrah, McKenzie, Gysberts

Sub: Davey

OUT:

Newton - simply not good enough

Bate - see Newton

Tapscott - Injured

IN:

Gawn, Blease, Nicholson

Davey as the sub is something a bit controversial, but if he's not injured I'm not sure dropping him is the answer. Put him as the sub and bring him on fresh to see if he can get into the game that way. We'll probably be already losing but the freshen up might help. The Judd factor is massive, but I'm liking the idea of bringing in Nicholson for a shot at him. He has the speed and endurance and I think Bartram is needed to play on Garlett.

Clutching at straws here but wasn't Judd injured today possibly an ankle or foot. He came off but went back on. Does anyone know anymore.

In: Howe, Nicholson, Blease

Out: Macdonald (surplus tall(ish) due to small carlton fwds) Tapscott, Davey

Petterd's perennial problem of not providing defensive pressure when he does not have the ball was showcased today. Its not a one off. Its the reason he spent time at Casey this year. Lively at times when he gets the ball but lack of effort and accountability when he doesn't.

Good to see I am not the only one who notices this. Offers no defensive and than when he gets a shot at goal it really is just chance the way the come off the boot as to waht occurs. A player way overrated by majority of Dees supporters.

Bartram's decision making was terrible today.

He is a massive liability and the type of player that always makes you nervous when he's got the pill.

Lucky for him there is know one to take his place.

His defensive work was very good today, I thought. He was one of our better players.

Clutching at straws here but wasn't Judd injured today possibly an ankle or foot. He came off but went back on. Does anyone know anymore.

On form Carlton will beat us without Judd, so why risk him.

Out: Bate (I give up on him) J MacDonald, Davey, or play him forward where he played his best footy. Tapscott Injured. "sigh"

Bartram may go for a tackle in the last Quarter :$

In: Gawn, and any of the kids who will have a crack.

The biggest worry for me is that we have 3-4 players who I would easily drop if we had the cattle to replace them. Davey, Bate and Newton should all go. Bartram had a shocker today, his decision making was back to its absolute worst. JoMac was great in the first half but poor after that. Warnock is a total liability with ball in hand.

Our clear problem is not having clear replacements for any of these players. I honestly do not want to see Newton get another game, he was totally awful. Bate gives us nothing. Davey deserves a run with Casey too. Gawn has to come in for Newton, I don't care how raw he is or even if he's not performing at Casey. Newton is appalling, he is not the future, and getting Gawn in the side now could be really beneficial for his development

In: Gawn, Howe, Blease, Strauss

Out: Newton, Bate, Davey, Tapscott (inj.)

Edit: Forgot about Petterd. He was awful today. Will probably stay because of the injuries but really shouldn't.

Edited by titan_uranus

Bartram's decision making was terrible today.

He is a massive liability and the type of player that always makes you nervous when he's got the pill.

Lucky for him there is know one to take his place.

Bartram makes you nervous; then how do you react when either Jmac or Warnock have the ball in hand, close to the goals? Not sure about you but it frightens me, especially if they have to handball, I've never seen two players with a worse case of stage fright.

Both of them try hard but they simply aren't good enough and to prevent it happening next year they should be delisted or if still under contract, played at Casey.

There are some players that are liabilities and they make the other players around them look bad because they either handball to them when they are in trouble or when they are out of position or don't run to accept the ball. It's not the stats they rack up that count it's the things they don't do when they should. Warnock and Jmac almost melt when they are pressured near the goals, Bartram tries to run the ball out but gets no help from them; they don't block for him or run and accept a handball, they freeze like a rabbit in a spotlight.

Bate is a trier but he's just a klutz, he has hard hands and is dreadful blow the knees, he's really putting at the moment and I feel sorry for him, but he simply just isn't up to it. Jurrah has to learn that he is part of the team, and he can't just drift in, when he feels like it, and kick a couple of goals to maintain his position; he applies zero pressure on the opposition and at times today he was embarrassing.

There are a few who bust a gut and they must be disheartened when they see Jurrah and Davey just coast along and sook if the ball doesn't bounce their way.

Evans was vey good today and Gysberts was as well, so it shows that you can put young kids in and they will do their bit so Nicholson for Davey next week and Morton for Tapscott and maybe Howe for Bat. Not sure who you would replace Jmac with but Strauss, if fit couldn't do any worse.

From what I've read about Casey Blease is miles off AFL level, but then again so are some of the players we have in the side at the moment.

His defensive work was very good today, I thought. He was one of our better players.

Seconded...

Always hard at it.

Ch 7 have charged, judged and virtually sentenced Bartram for a "Trengove Tackle" on Winmar, and we all know that the AFL take note of "incidents" that are shown 3 times in raid sequence, especially when commentators all shout "GUILTY".

But OUTS should be Newton, Davey, Bate, and of course Tapscott

IN: Gawn, Cook, Blease and Tom McDonald or maybe even McNamara or Nicholson. Are we really desperate enough to give Strauss another go??

YES - debut 3 or 4 (won't happen to the soft conservative club, but it should.

It is time to be BOLD - I know a very un-Melbournian thing to do, but a statement must be made.

Edited by monoccular

Tapscott- obviously

Newton- please please please get this dud out

Davey- should be made an example of

Gawn- I don't want to rush this kid (esp with his past injuries) but because we still need a backup for Martin in the ruck.

Morton- This kid still has too much class to be running around in the twos and if we are to move forward than it will be with this bloke finding form in the seniors- not at Casey

Blease- Can play the pacey half back role or as a half forward and certainly won't give any less than Davey has been.

(PS- With no Casey this week, and Bailey's comments post match, all these three were also in the best for Casey the week before)

Strauss- still needs to at least crack the best at Casey a couple of weeks running

Cook- It is possible to throw him in and drop Bate although making 4-5 changes to a team each week is destabilising in itself which is why i think Bate will get a reprieve (just)

Edit- I forgot about Howe (SORRY) and it may be time he comes in for Bate as he is a bit more mature physically than Cook

Edited by Grandson of a gun

At least now we can all accept this year is continued development!

Hadn't we already ;) ?!!!

It's virtually irrelevant who you put into the forward line if the team continues to play the way it's been going lately. We move the ball so inefficiently and poorly out of defence that we make the forward line almost irrelevant.

We need a new direction in coaching.

That's all.

Good point. Yes players are soft and badly out of form but the so called game plan is absolutely unplayable and is the main cause of the problems. Sideways movement is bizarre.

Davey has got to go, permanently. disgrace for a so called leader.

Petterd needs to be dropped. Try get a hard ball instead of sooking to the ump when u get brushed off the ball.

Newton will be gone forever. That miss sums up his ability.

Bate is not a footballers a hole. Horrifically bad.

Just debut as many as possible, the seasons shot. Get some senior experience in time for the new coach.

Edited by stranga

For mine:

OUT: Davey (half on form, half for the message), Newton (the. end.), Jurrah (needs to re-find the hunger), Bate (what happened to him?!), Tapscott (injured....tear)

IN: Howe (has the hunger), Gawn (just give him a go, Martin could go forward), Bennell (see if he shows something now), Morton (see Bennell comment), Aussie (hopefully knee will be right)

Sad thing is I only see Bate being actually dropped out of those, Bailey has already flagged Davey staying due to the injury to the Bull. Jurrah possibly needs to learn he's not untouchable and needs to work harder.

Not much of a Morton fan this year, but it's desperate times and he needs to grow a pair.