Tom Scully Injury

Dee Fan

Standard procedure from resident know all E25 .

Go back and read through your comments.

Maybe then you'll realise how incredibly stupid some of them were.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back and read through your comments.

Maybe then you'll realise how incredibly stupid some of them were.

Only if you wade through yours .

Jeez, someone's having a bad day.... Calm down, precious...

Thanks Chopper. I did reply to the post with an apology, but the more I read it, the more I am actually pretty pi$$ed at that post.

Anyway, I did set myself up for some criticism, been reading E25's comments for far too long! (Just kidding E).

I have been laughing over this line for the last 5 minutes.

Do you have a copyright on it ?

I believe I have occasion to use that line in my occupation at least a dozen times a day.

Thanks for throwing that flaming turd out there..just love it !

Nutbean I have to admit that after reaching my adavnced years I have never seen one "flaming"

I guess you learn something new every day!

Nutbean I have to admit that after reaching my adavnced years I have never seen one "flaming"

I guess you learn something new every day!

Yes, usually it was the brown paper bag containing the turd that was flaming.

Scully, hampered by soreness in his left knee cap all pre-season, suffered a fracture to the same area playing for Dandenong in the 2009 under-18 finals series.

He missed the under-18 grand final and draft camp testing due to surgery to repair a crack to the kneecap.

It was considered a four to five-week injury at the time and the Demons were undeterred, selecting the teenage superstar a month later at No.1 in the national draft.

There is an obvious link between the injuries, but the Demons are confident there are no long-term implications.

Read more: http://www.news.com.auhttp://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-scully-out-4-6-weeks/story-e6frf9jf-1226026784245#ixzz1IFLKU4n0"

This seems another Campbell case- 7/8 weeks for the last 3 weeks. I stated last year on Demonland how pathetic we are regarding getting injuries and not being able to minimum their time in recovery. Have a look at the last 3 years and how many injuries we have had. Somone has to do something about this- just ain't acceptable.

It seems Scully has been playing with this injury all the time he has been at the club.

Facts are , if we wanna progress from pretenters to contenders and compete against the Collingwood and Hawthorns of the league , we've gotta find the dosh to pump into the Medical Dept.

Jurrah: Injured his shoulder last pre-season, required a reconstruction, returned towards the end of the season and played will. Shoulder is fine.

Tapscott: Injured his hip in a freak accident on a sprinkler. Had surgery, was pushing for selection towards the end of 2010, but injured his shoulder. Now playing in 2011. Well.

Blease: Badly broke his leg. Has been gradually eased back into playing footy and word is to look for him debuting later this season.

Gysberts: Played 2 cracking games last year, then injured his back in the third. Has been placed in cotton wool, playing some pre-season matches, will likely force his was back into the side at some stage this year.

Jones: Badly injured his back at the end of last season, played injury free in round one. enough said.

Davey: fractured leg late last season. Played round one.

Frawley: Tore his pectoral muscle being an animal in the gym. Freak injury, potentially career ending if not handled well (permanent loss of strength and power in muscle). Match fit within 10 weeks, as advised at time of injury.

There are many more examples, I'm sure.

If that is the score card of a second rate medical team, then surely a first rate team has supernatural healing powers.

AFL is a hard sport, players get injured. Players break down. If the medico's weren't up to it, they wouldn't be hired in the first place.

Don't dish out blame unfairly when your not involved in the process yourself.

No hard evidence I can find saying Scully's injury is worse than expected - until you see it in writing, take with a pinch of salt. No offense to the OP, but I'd expect something like this to be EVERYWHERE since it's the 'scully season' in the media and the only reason it's a little quieter is because he isn't playing.

This seems another Campbell case- 7/8 weeks for the last 3 weeks. I stated last year on Demonland how pathetic we are regarding getting injuries and not being able to minimum their time in recovery. Have a look at the last 3 years and how many injuries we have had. Somone has to do something about this- just ain't acceptable.

It seems Scully has been playing with this injury all the time he has been at the club.

You made unfounded and uninformed accusations on this site about the competence of the medical staff last year. It was ungracious and ill conceived.

You were summarily warned by a number of moderators about doing that.

Once again you have made an habitual criticism without an iota of fact.

I would think repeating your claims for last year is as accurate your misguided self congratulations over saying Fevola would be at MFC this year when the clear and obvious evidence suggest otherwise.

Tread carefully on making further comment here.

If our list is as good as we all hope, we should be able to cover any of our top 5 or so players

That is an interesting use of words, " cover ". We can certainly replace an injured player with another player which we do all the time, but if you are suggesting that 5 players who are not good enough to make the team, but come in when injuries occur should be as good as our top 5 players, that is ridiculous. No club could do that. Just one example, who are the Lions replacing Brown with?

So it gets down to the meaning of the word cover. It has to mean merely replace, not be as good as.

Agree with Rhino.

Edited by Redleg

I really don't care how long Scully is out, as long as they get it right and he comes back 100% fit.

We can make do without him for a while.

Now I am really worried I am agreeing again.

I know he played well most of last year but I think there needs to be some improvment from Tom.

Not impressed with his kicking But he is a kid so happy to have him out all year if that is what it takes.

He is top class and we need him for the next ten years not the next ten Games.

No list can carry having any of its top 5 players out on injury. Your hopes are unreaslistic.

Agree RR take the top five out of collingwood and they don't make the GF!

St Kilda managed pretty well without Nick Riewoldt during a large chunk of the Home & Away season last year. Arguably good teams can cover extended absences by their best players.

Thats rubbish. Why are a side best players actually viewed as their best players? Because they contribute more than other players to their team's success. They also make the lesser players in their side better.

Riewoldts absence last year was a factor that killed the Saints as a top side last year.

Hayes's absence will hurt them badly.

To be fair, we really only have 6 players on our list not playing in the senior team or VFL this week.

Only 3 of those players are in our best 22 (Scully, McKenzie and Morton). Morton will be back next week at some level, making only 2 injuries.

Thats rubbish. Why are a side best players actually viewed as their best players? Because they contribute more than other players to their team's success. They also make the lesser players in their side better.

Riewoldts absence last year was a factor that killed the Saints as a top side last year.

Hayes's absence will hurt them badly.

That's a bit rich RR. How many games did the saints win during Revoltings absence?

Enough to remain a top 4 side and make the Granny.... :rolleyes:

Hayes shall be a bigger loss, i shall agree there.

For the people who claim that our medical dept are not doing their job or are inept, back the hell up!!

The medical dept are the best people around (like all other clubs) and are doing the best they can. Our medical people work very well with the coaches and are always erring on the side of been conservative when it comes down to how his rehab is conducted and when he returns to the side. Remember people, footy is a war of atrittion and as such players get injured either in training or game day -so, deal with it & if you dont like it go support lawn bowls or something!