Davey's Report

Demon Tragic

Watched the replay again of the incident. Have the following points to make.

1. None of the replays showed Davey making contact with McGynn's head (probably because he didn't)

2. Play continues after the impact.

3. McBurnie calls the play back after he notices McGlynn on the ground.

4. As soon as the free is given, McGlynn bounces up like nothing is wrong.

Important questions.

1. Did McBurnie actually see the impact?

2. If so why did he let play continue?

3. If the footage is proven to show no contact, will McGlynn go for diving?

4. Will McBurnie get a senior game next week?

Just want to know if I'm only looking with one eye??

Edited by Demon Tragic

Nothing in it. If Davey gets rubbed out then I think Mummy gets a month of for striking. MacDonald might get a week, otherwise there are no games missed by players of either side from the round 1 match.

Umpiring was ordinary, and I think you will hear that from everyone who watched the game. Was bad both ways more than being one sided.

1. None of the replays showed Davey making contact with McGynn's head (probably because he didn't)

Important questions.

McBurnie was a disgrace all day and will be in the dewkickers next week.

Shocking report. The swan fan jumping up in joy about it was obviously waiting 6 mths to see players rubbed out - the joy!

Average umpiring all round yesterday, other games I saw were much better.

Important questions.

He got him on the ribcage, under the armpit. The player milked a free.

All 3 of them were guessing, and inconsistent all day. Not to mention their friend the boundry umpire needs to spend some more time at the gym.

Unfortunately the Umpires seem to be over exerting themselves, looking for head high hits. Their looking Too Hard.

Important questions.

I was at the game and also noticed that play continued until McBurney noticed the player lying on the gound, THEN decided to stop play and give the free kick and the report. Very poor effort, but McBurney has proved time and again that he is an ordinary umpire who loves to stamp himself on a game!!

Important questions.

Absolutely not Demon Tragic. The only reason McBurney reported Davey, let alone a free kick, was because McGlynn decided to have a sook. The case will be thrown out straight away and will hopefully show what a clueless fool McBurney is. Sylvia got polaxed in the centre of the ground later on and the only reason the sydney player wasn't reorted was because Col didn't have a sook.

As for pathetic umpiring, how about when Stef got a massive shove in the back on the Southern wing and wasn't awarded a free kick. The bloody ump was shaking his head, even before the contact was made. Talk about amateur hour, the umpiring for both sides was extremely pathetic. And they no longer seem to be paying incorrect disposal, only when it is blatant. This is a massive step backwards, as it is no longer rewarding the tackler.

McBurney did not see it, so he just guessed, as is his usual way.

I love when the umpires try to explain their decisions, like Shaw's "handpass" to White for the 50m goal, it was a blatant throw yet he tried to say it was a handpass.

Aso the holding the ball against Maric in the first quarter, he had no chance but he needed "to make an attempt" which means to throw your fist around pretending to hit it out.

All 3 of them were guessing, and inconsistent all day. Not to mention their friend the boundry umpire needs to spend some more time at the gym.

I'm not an umpire basher but that is thing that gets up my nose the most - guessing.

Umpires - if you are not sure - don't blow your freakin whistle.

It was very, very obvious that the umpire didn't blow his whistle until he noticed the Sydney player on the ground. He obviously saw the contact initially, but didn't think anything of it until the Sydney player appeared hurt. Poor decision by the umpire. Everyone around me was livid.

And after guessing something happened he then reported him!! That makes real sense!

If anything Mumford's crude bump on Sylvia was way worse, but as the commentators said, the AFL is all over protecting the head, and they thought Davey made head high contact and Mumford did not.

McBurney did not see it, so he just guessed, as is his usual way.

From the afl.com.au

In the Davey case, the match review panel found that after viewing the available television footage, speaking to the umpire and receiving a written medical report from the Sydney Swans, it could not be determined if there was forceful high contact to the head or neck of player McGlynn.

He was guessing - dreadful umpiring all day.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/110222/default.aspx

From the afl.com.au

In the Davey case, the match review panel found that after viewing the available television footage, speaking to the umpire and receiving a written medical report from the Sydney Swans, it could not be determined if there was forceful high contact to the head or neck of player McGlynn.

He was guessing - dreadful umpiring all day.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/110222/default.aspx

Pathetic report.

Pathetic peformance all round from McBurney, who seems to have followed McLaren's lead in wanting to be involved as frequently as possible.

If you want amateur hour, take a look at the Adelaide/Hawthorn game when Richard Tambling had a 50 given against him for playing on from a Hawks free kick, when in fact the had umpire pointed the wrong way. What annoyed me about it was that having the umpire point in the wrong direction seems to happen all the freaking time. Surely pointing in the right direction for a free is umpiring 101.

Pathetic report.

Pathetic peformance all round from McBurney, who seems to have followed McLaren's lead in wanting to be involved as frequently as possible.

McBurney is a downright horrible umpire. Seriously, his ineptitude is mind boggling. Thank god sanity prevailed, unlike when Moloney got rubbed out for almost making contact to the head all those years ago (yes, I have a long memory when it comes to the AFL screwing us over! :lol:)

What annoyed me about it was that having the umpire point in the wrong direction seems to happen all the freaking time. Surely pointing in the right direction for a free is umpiring 101.

Indeed. Strangely, it happens all the time.

If you want amateur hour, take a look at the Adelaide/Hawthorn game when Richard Tambling had a 50 given against him for playing on from a Hawks free kick, when in fact the had umpire pointed the wrong way. What annoyed me about it was that having the umpire point in the wrong direction seems to happen all the freaking time. Surely pointing in the right direction for a free is umpiring 101.

What was even worse was the players were telling him that's what he did and all he said was "No I didn't" repeatedly in a silly little grade 2 voice.

It was replayed and shown what he did and I rewound it on the IQ2 and watched it about half a dozen times as well. That's what we are ALL up against