G C Suns

beelzebub

Where will Suns finish in 11  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've all had a giggle at GC in it's formation but now it's evolving with real flesh and bloody signings ( and no doubt some serious ones still to come ) maybe it's time to consider how they'll go on debut. They will have a preseason and more matches to afford some semblance of gelling into a real side ( as opposed to the shadow that fronted the VFL this year ) I reckon they be more than competive in 2 years and seriously so in 3. I don't even think they'll necessarily be bottom 4 in 2011. I'll suggest 5-7 wins finishing 13. Will start to give a fair fist as thet settle. Don't dismiss this lot.

It will take a long time for them to become a cohesive unit.

Only the kids will have ever player together.

I expect them to be more competitive in the latter half of the season, but still likely bottom 4 and no chance for the 8.

I actually think they 'll out do their state-mates up there. Agree second half better than first but that's to be expected.

The Gold Coast Suns

We'll steal your players and give you skin cancer!

No chance of finals and whiel Ritschitelli, Brown, Bock & Krauker are all decent players none of them are superstars.

I guess a lot will depend on Ablett, Harbrow and whoe else that they can get but I'd expect bottom 4 for sure next year.

I think we'll get a nasty surprise from the Suns. I've picked 13-15, but they could easily go better. A lot will depend on who else they can sign from other clubs. At the moment the only thing I can see going against them is the culture of the place. They have taken a bunch of pretty good players many of whom have poor records for on-field discipline and off field behaviour. Add to that a huge bunch of overpayed teenagers and you have a recipe for disaster. They desperately need to recruit a great captain to keep them in line and set an example.

Ablett, Bock, Brown, Brennan, Risky Telly, Krakouer + lots o' kids = top 8 finish.

Not a chance.

Bock is past it, so is Brown, Brennan so inconsistent it's not funny, Krakouer overrated.

They'll need more than just Ablett and Rischi.

By the time their younger players really gel and get going, their recruits will be at the wrong end of their careers. The salary cap advantages should hopefully have expired by then aswell and they can all go and sit on their face!

Ablett, Bock, Brown, Brennan, Risky Telly, Krakouer + lots o' kids = top 8 finish.

Add Harbrow and a couple of others and it looks better. Not sure about the top 8 finish though. It will be tough for them in their first year but as their youngsters gain experience they will come with a rush.

Of the players they've signed up so far, Rischitelli is the only decent one. Bock's past his best, Brown is an untalented thug who adds nothing but grunt (useful to a point) and Krakouer is pacy but pretty crap all up.

Ablett would help enormously, but even then there's not a hell of a lot of mature-aged talent. Some of the kids are good (e.g Swallow) but they won't just turn up to AFL football and win games.

With Ablett, maybe one other really good player, and what they've got now I can see them taking a while to get going (a la Richmond this year), but winning some games towards the end of the year. 9-12 would be a good result IMO.

Guest hangon007

I for one am not prepared to under estimate the ability of Scotty Clayton to put together a very competitive list quite quickly not saying that anybody else is. Plus the backing of the AFL cant be bad thing.

Brown is an untalented thug who adds nothing but grunt (useful to a point)

I've never thought an All Australian would be referred to as an "untalented thug" in such a brutal sport that is AFL.

Give me an untalented thug anytime then.

I've never thought an All Australian would be referred to as an "untalented thug" in such a brutal sport that is AFL.

Give me an untalented thug anytime then.

Maybe back in 07 (his AA year) he showed a bit of skill. But the last two years he's shown nothing but aggression. Sure, every team needs someone with a bit of mongrel, but not only is that all Brown's shown over the last 2 years, but he sometimes just takes it too far (e.g. last year with his stupid comments after the Essendon match).

Right now, in 2010, I don't rate Campbell Brown at all, apart from his strength.

It will take a long time for them to become a cohesive unit.

Only the kids will have ever player together.

I expect them to be more competitive in the latter half of the season, but still likely bottom 4 and no chance for the 8.

Two bob each way Enforcer. I will go out on a limb and say- bottom 2-possibly both Q'land teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the top 8 to be honest. They will have a very solid team, and because it's been built right from the ground up, they're able to plan out their players and gameplan a lot more fittingly according to their list. They can have real depth if they play their cards right, and already have a few solid veterans that would all be in the top 22 of any team in the league.

They will go undefeated in the near future. By around 2015-2017, we will start to see something super from that team.