David Hale

Demon Tragic

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spew and vomit are one and the same.

I undestood that- just wanted to put it a different way.But thanks HT for pointing out the similarity.Keep up the great work.

Edited by jayceebee31

We might just undo all our good work in the Mclean trade

by following it up with one of the worst trade blunders.

He didn't cut the mustard in the VFL.

Completely agree, im shocked at what has been offered if in fact Hutchy is right. Just bemusing to give up pick 12 on another Paul Johnson type.

BF reported that GC offered 26 so if we want Hale, and it appears that our FD does really want him, then we have to better that. As posted above maybe 17 is not that much different to 12. Maybe North knows that too and that's why they baulked. I think the first thing to get used to is our FD likes Hale even if many here have doubts. As also posted above we have a massive pile of untested youngsters and we could benefit from some structure and a ruck support. Going into 2011 with PJ does not excite me. Trading for the sake of it doesn't either. Rick Nixon said a club inquired about Hale in July - fair bet that was us and that we've had a good long hard look at him. Deep breath and maintain the faith.

North balked at that offer???

You're kidding!

I've seen Hale move on a football field and he can't balk. Are North mad?

Are our recruiters mad?

Similar thoughts however- Tim Harrington comes fron North -therefore he would know quite alot about him.

Edited by jayceebee31

There is another element to the Hale deal that we maybe forgetting.

It is Hale that wants out.

He is contracted for two more seasons so North can set the terms.

If no one agrees he stays a North player till next year.

Simple as that!

So it is pretty much take it or leave it.

The MFC does not have much leverage.

Simple as that!

OTOH why would NM forego a draft pick and play a guy $400+ to play VFL?

They don't intend to play/keep him.

Simple as that!

maybe..

but lets hope they have either common , or horsetrading sense !!!

Simple as that!

An unhappy player or player who wants out

is alll the trade leverage any side needs.

There's no worse cancer than a player who isn't happy and doesn't keep the faith.

Simple as that!

Don't necesarily agree with that - North don't want Hale on $400k a year in the VFL

They can't trade him somewhere he doesn't want to go - Hale has some leverage

Just off trade week radio

Huchy reckons that we are in to Hale and we have offered up pick 12 plus 32 for Hale and pick 17

Thats a big win to North if you ask me

we are too early into our cycle of rebuilding to be trading any first round picks.

North has balked at that offer.

What a rubbish deal that would be!

Has Hale actually said where he would prefer to go ..which club(s) ?

An unhappy player or player who wants out

is alll the trade leverage any side needs.

There's no worse cancer than a player who isn't happy and doesn't keep the faith.

All I am saying is North are in a strong position.

The MFC wants him

Guess who has the most leverage!

North can set the conditions.

Just because someone would like to move does not mean they won't tow the line and play well if it does not get done.

Are you telling me that if Hale cannot leave north this year he will play like a dog next year and deflate

his value to the point were no one wants him!

Remember a couple of seasons back a Swans player ( cannot remember his name ) wanted to come back to Melbourne.

The swans could not do a deal so he had to stay.

Result same guy played in a Premiership.

You're kidding!

Are our recruiters mad?

It seems to be an element of Panic in all this from the footy dept, if these rumors have any substance. I hope Not.

We seem to be breaking from our plan of keeping 1st Rnd picks, building from youth & supplementing with mature age. WHY?

I don't like it myself.

Has Hale actually said where he would prefer to go ..which club(s) ?

God only knows.

My guess would be to wherever he can get game time and his current salary.

With so much BS at this time of the year it is almost impossible to know the truth.

Agents say would will work best for them and their player.

Media gives a guess.

And we all have an opinion based on rumour.

The facts will be out in the next few days.

oh jeez, pleeeaaassseeee say it isn't so.

We are majorly getting ripped off with that trade. Hale is pretty much a spud, pick 12 should NOT be on the table.

If that trade goes through, we'll be the laughing stock of the comp, North would be sniggering all the way to the bank, and we'll be paying $425k a year to a guy who will spend half his time next year in the vfl

You're kidding!

Are our recruiters mad?

In Just reading the themes re this Hale deal & the sudden change of things, I'm starting to wonder if the equation has somehow changed, & then I thought of the talk of Hawthorn buying in.

That could potentially change the circumstances, if say, the Hawks had offered, pick 19 to North. Re an alternative Ruck/forward setup.

This is also hot on the heals of the 3 interchange rule.

The leverage stands that:

Hale wants out - Bad for North

Hale is on over 400K per annum - Bad for North

Hale is contracted for 800K+over 2 years so he doesnt have to go anywhere he doesnt want to - also BAD FOR NORTH

Bottom line North if they are smart will get some trade value and salary cap relief for a fringe player (due to their ruck depth)

Hale if true has said he wants to go to the demons, so any offer GC offer must be accepted by Him not just Norths Footy dept

exactly my thoughts.. run MFC run...before they change their minds :)

News is that Hale will find a new club, should be early tomorrow (or next couple of days).

I undestood that- just wanted to put it a different way. But thanks HT for pointing out the similarity.

{whispers} Any time.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

It has been reported that MFC have offered 2nd round pick and to swap Ist round pick for David Hale .This at the moment MFC would pick up Pick 17 and Hale for pick 12 & 32.Source Craig Hutchinson.

Yuk! I hope that balding moron is true to form and has it wrong. We would get raped on that. I'd rather PJ play next year than do that deal.

The armchair recruiters hate this proposed deal...

There must be amazingly talented (and obvious) five 18 year olds, about to be picked at 12-16 in the draft...

Honestly, we wanted the 2nd round pick deal and we threw in a set of steak knives.

They don't want the steak knives.

Although, steak knives look attractive when you have been looking long enough...

Edited by rpfc

Yuk! I hope that balding moron is true to form and has it wrong. We would get raped on that. I'd rather PJ play next year than do that deal.

definitely! Anyone expected a huge step up from PJ is going to be massively disappointed.

We have an All Australia ruckman. We are recruiting a back up ruck and a short term target up forward. We should barely be offering our 2nd rounder.

I will be disappointed if the club ever even considered it