Rivers - was rarely sighted

Scully - gradually gained confidence

Strauss - nowhere near ready

Trengove - gave exciting glimpses

Warnock - was emphatically beaten

McKenzie - not the worst

Spencer - slow and cumbersome

Edited by joeboy

Harsh on Frawley. He was under constant pressure thanks to our mid-field allowing Hawthorn mids to easily run into their forward 50.

I actually gave him votes ( admittedly by default )

My 3 word analysis was based on the overwelming memory of his performance , and his kicking was amateurish IMO !

Dunn was awful and should be dropped. I'll never understand how he was picked, and he didn't prove me wrong.

Warnock and Frawley played the worst games I've ever seen them play. Warnock was atrocious. Frawley not as bad, but I know he can do a lot better.

Miller played a typical Miller game. Jones too. Jones again thought every time he had the ball he could weave some magic and make something happen. Every time he was wrong.

Davey and Moloney were disappointing. Jamar should have dominated but didn't.

Joel MacDonald is woefully slow. Didn't see anything in him that strikes me as special. Just a plodding defender.

Rivers was OK. Grimes dominated across HB in the second half. Scully and Trengove ran harder than most, and showed glimpses of brilliance.

Petterd can't stay as a forward if he can't kick goals form 15 metres out. Missed twice (the second one is excusable as he had cramp, but the first was a shocker).

Harsh on Frawley. He was under constant pressure thanks to our mid-field allowing Hawthorn mids to easily run into their forward 50.

thought it to be a fair call on frawley, i'd also add that, i thought he got smashed by Campbell Brown today.

Extremely harsh on Petterd, who I think was one of our only three forwards today - Jamar and Green the other two. The rest can go jump.

Very harsh on Petterd. Did allright considering the entries into the forward 50. Should have had four goals.

Spencer was laughable. He was terrible for Casey last week and was just as bad today!

Dunn everyone knows he can't play except Bailey same with Miller.

Bate is a joke, sooo sllooowwww! Can't make and makes poor decisions.

Bennel is just scared and Bruce stop handballing to bloke under pressure because you don't want to get tackled!!

Bate - failed to impress Agree 100%

Bennell - mistake after mistake Agree 100%

Bruce - occasional positive involvement I thought he was decent today, one of the few who lead hard for the ball

Davey - lost on flank Agree 100%

Dunn - tried but failed First half terrible, second better

Frawley - abysmal kicking game Don't agree

Green - our only forward Agree 100%

Grimes - amongst the better Agree 100%, But do his team mates hate him? I counted 6 times they gave him hospital balls and he his courage today was awesome, BOG for me.

Jamar - should have excelled Agree 100%, Did mark the ball well today and offered a bit around the game, but should have done more against that opposition

Jones - same old same Agree 100%

MacDonald - slow and unsure Porbably wishes he was still in Brisbane

McDonald - many meaningless possessions Looks real slow

Miller - had no influence Hot missus..... I have nothing positive to say here

Moloney - career worst game Agree 100%

Petterd - doesn't deserve selection I thought for the way we butchered the ball into our 50, he was not too bad.

Rivers - was rarely sighted Actually thought he was ok

Scully - gradually gained confidence Agree 100%

Strauss - nowhere near ready Agree 100%, especially to kick out.

Trengove - gave exciting glimpses Agree 100%, thought he played pretty good and in a good side would nearly be as good as Selwood was at Geelong in his first year.

Warnock - was emphatically beaten Agree 100%

McKenzie - not the worst Agree 100%, some great tackles

Spencer - slow and cumbersome I thought he got into it, more as the game went on

Petterd can't stay as a forward if he can't kick goals form 15 metres out. Missed twice (the second one is excusable as he had cramp, but the first was a shocker).

The only people who shouldn't be in our forward line are those who can't take marks, for that is what we need. Anyone who can't either take a mark or pick up the crumbs of someone who is capable of creating a contest needs to get the hell off my football field.

HF: Sylvia Green Petterd

FF: Davey Jamar Maric

Is my forward line for next week. But really, Green, Petterd and Jamar would be fine. I don't care who else is there, just as long as those three are.

Can't agree with knocking Rivers. He was be far our best defender today... Ok, so he still had a bad game. :D

There really weren't many good signs today. Scully was good in the second half, and Trengove showed us a bit as well. Junior has a nasty habit of getting the ball in a tight place and just pelting it long. Our forwards still can't kick and our defense is overrated by pretty much everyone on this site.

On the bright side, there was clear evidence of a gameplan today. The only problem is that it invariably results in a goal to the opposition.

Extremely harsh on Petterd, who I think was one of our only three forwards today - Jamar and Green the other two. The rest can go jump.

Agree early in the game petterd looked to be our only likely forward, and finished the game ok aswell.

And he definetly deserves a spot over some of the things some players did today.

Also Bennell, sure he mucks up but his a second year player and he trys to create play and has real go and does some good things running out of defense.

Edited by Carn dees

Agree early in the game petterd looked to be our only likely forward, and finished the game ok aswell.

And he definetly deserves a spot over some of the things some players did today.

Also Bennell, sure he mucks up but his a second year player and he trys to create play and has real go and does some good things running out of defense.

In first quarter Petterds opponent (Shiels ) ran off him on 3 occasions which resulted in Hawthorn goals....Shiels 15 disposals to Petterd 10.

Missed 2 easy set shot goals from 15 metres out....Joe Boys analysis is correct.

afl.com.au gave him 2nd BOG for us? Were they watching something else?

I would've guessed that he racked up a few possessions, not that we saw alot of the ball, but compared to his team mates. That's the only explanation I can give.

I would've guessed that he racked up a few possessions, not that we saw alot of the ball, but compared to his team mates. That's the only explanation I can give.

They don't actually rate players on how they played, just on how many times they touched the ball/kicked goals. Better to ignore them altogether.

Dunn was awful and should be dropped. I'll never understand how he was picked, and he didn't prove me wrong.

Warnock and Frawley played the worst games I've ever seen them play. Warnock was atrocious. Frawley not as bad, but I know he can do a lot better.

Miller played a typical Miller game. Jones too. Jones again thought every time he had the ball he could weave some magic and make something happen. Every time he was wrong.

Davey and Moloney were disappointing. Jamar should have dominated but didn't.

Joel MacDonald is woefully slow. Didn't see anything in him that strikes me as special. Just a plodding defender.

Rivers was OK. Grimes dominated across HB in the second half. Scully and Trengove ran harder than most, and showed glimpses of brilliance.

You are kidding. Jones played a gutsy game. It wasn't his fault that noone else would go in and get the ball.

You are kidding, Jones played a typically gutsy game. Willing to get hurt for the betterment of his team. One of our few inside players.

The only people who shouldn't be in our forward line are those who can't take marks, for that is what we need. Anyone who can't either take a mark or pick up the crumbs of someone who is capable of creating a contest needs to get the hell off my football field.

HF: Sylvia Green Petterd

FF: Davey Jamar Maric

Is my forward line for next week. But really, Green, Petterd and Jamar would be fine. I don't care who else is there, just as long as those three are.

What I was trying to get at was that Petterd needs to work on his kicking for goal. The last thing we need is to have the only guy on our list who is a competent and constently good mark taking marks 10 metres out, then, when we badly need a goal, spraying the shot.

But he's a much better forward than most of the other players on our list, and he plays forward better than defence.

Don't mind that forward line. So long as Green stays down there.

I think Rivers is our most overrated player.

Disagree, but I know where you're coming from. I thought he was OK yesterday, better than Frawley and Warnock (but Frawley is a much better player overall). If we're going to play a loose man in defence (and we shouldn't), it should be Rivers, as he can read the play and be effective. Using Dunn as a loose man in defence is borderline useless, as Dunn had no idea where to position himself or what to do.

You are kidding, Jones played a typically gutsy game. Willing to get hurt for the betterment of his team. One of our few inside players.

'Typically gutsy' does not equal 'good'.

Jones cannot continue to try to take on 3-4 players every time he gets the ball. That's his major downfall.

But he has to be commended for running all day, and he wasn't as bad as a lot of our other players yesterday.

Yup. He was double teamed and was pretty much alone up there. Is not a KP forward but was expected to play like one, and still had 4 scoring shots.

In first quarter Petterds opponent (Shiels ) ran off him on 3 occasions which resulted in Hawthorn goals....Shiels 15 disposals to Petterd 10.

Missed 2 easy set shot goals from 15 metres out....Joe Boys analysis is correct.

Joeboy's analysis was "doesn't deserve selection."

When you're just about the only forward, you're team's getting smashed, you have no support, AND you're expected to play as a KP forward when you're nowhere near the right size... What do you expect? I think it's a miracle he scored any goals at all.

Not a good game, but he was a long way from our worst and is a long way from NOT deserving to be selected.

We must have been at different games- the worst game Chip has played for the team- PATHETIC display and nearly as bad as Warnock- and we thought the backline was quite good- they got lost..Rivers went ok- but made many.many mistakes.