The Davey Rumour.

RalphiusMaximus

Aaron Davey is a very good player - nearly as good as Leon Davis - we wouldn't want to lose him.

Hmmmm...would rather we sign him for two. You just never know what will happen in a few years time. He is at the peak of his powers right now, but would have thought 2 years was fair for a bloke who has had a lot of injuries and known to go missing,

his manager has played this beautifully in the press.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...would rather we sign him for two. You just never know what will happen in a few years time. He is at the peak of his powers right now, but would have thought 2 years was fair for a bloke who has had a lot of injuries and known to go missing,

No. It sounds like he would walk on a two year deal and quite rightly so. A four year deal could even have been considered as the last would have Flash on the veteran's list....

Wouldnt hesitate to offer him a 4 year deal.

I cant wait to see this said officially on our site

Interesting that he just came off a 3 year deal - first 2 years ordinary, last year his best - probably just a coincidence.

Would you put any performance incentives in this 4 year deal of yours?

just had a mate of mine who has some contacts at Essendon tell me he's heard direct swap, McVeigh for Davey...

I laughed at him... 26 year old at the peak of his powers, for a 29 year old booze hound who is over the hill? There's no way we'd consider that trade.

Look forward to this announcement of Davey signing on for 3 years...

Edited by vanlo

just had a mate of mine who has some contacts at Essendon tell me he's heard direct swap, McVeigh for Davey...

I laughed at him... 26 year old at the peak of his powers, for a 29 year old booze hound who is over the hill? There's no way we'd consider that trade.

Look forward to this announcement of Davey signing on for 3 years...

Davey re-signed for 3 years this morning

Interesting that he just came off a 3 year deal - first 2 years ordinary, last year his best - probably just a coincidence.

Would you put any performance incentives in this 4 year deal of yours?

Yeah probably....

haha

I just think he is so valuable for our club on and off field!

Stated on SEN this morning -Greg Denham says Davey has agreed to sign a 3 year deal in the next day or so.

I respect Denham as a journalist, so I've now dispelled thoughts of Davey leaving. Hopefully the news comes in the next few days that he's re-signed. On the back of Sylvia and Wonna signing up, it would end up being a pretty good week for the club.

I'm sure collingwood supporters would say this as well.

DAVEY>DAVIS

Absolutely no way Collingwood supporters would say Davey's better than Davis. Just wouldn't happen.

Despite that, Davis is the worst All Australian I've ever seen.

You sure on this Benny?

Love you if you are.

Ooo to avoid being caught up on a technicality, I got mail direct from a source at the club that he "agreed" to sign a 3 year deal this morning. Whether he's actually signed, cant confirm. I'd be surprised if it wasnt announced today or early next week by the club

Ooo to avoid being caught up on a technicality, I got mail direct from a source at the club that he "agreed" to sign a 3 year deal this morning. Whether he's actually signed, cant confirm. I'd be surprised if it wasnt announced today or early next week by the club

Cheers, especially for the honesty. means a lot to me this signature.

Davis is only good when Collingwood are on fire. He has rarely if ever performed in a big game.

Davis has the worst GF record of any player in the competition.

In 2002 is was on the field for 98% of game time for 1 possesion. In 2003 he played 100% of the game for 3 possessions.

In the last 3 perliminary finals he has also been virtually unsighted. Sure he comes good from time to time when his team is up by 5 goals, playing at home, but his magical abilities don't come out when they are most required in the matches that count. If he did not play for Collingwood he would not have been given All Australian honours.

He is a chocker, in the Greg Norman mold.

Davis is only good when Collingwood are on fire. He has rarely if ever performed in a big game.

Davis has the worst GF record of any player in the competition.

In 2002 is was on the field for 98% of game time for 1 possesion. In 2003 he played 100% of the game for 3 possessions.

In the last 3 perliminary finals he has also been virtually unsighted. Sure he comes good from time to time when his team is up by 5 goals, playing at home, but his magical abilities don't come out when they are most required in the matches that count. If he did not play for Collingwood he would not have been given All Australian honours.

He is a chocker, in the Greg Norman mold.

Davis has certainly been a disappointment in finals - he has averages 15 possession in his last 8 finals over the past 3 years.

What's Davey's finals record like?

Edited by old55

Rumour true

Davey is speaking to other clubs whether he'll leave that is unclear.

Source: 9 news

Whilst it is believeable, upon reflection, I think this is still just a rumour. All 9 are doing is reporting a rumour. They're apart of the media, it's what they're all about.

Greetings all,

Wow, what an interesting week in the life of the MFC. And to think I almost missed it all!

Firstly, Greg Denham is one journo who almost always has his finger on the pulse where the Demons are concerned. The delays in finalising Aaron's contract were understandably over length of time - one of the important sticking points in contractual dealings at this level these days along with the money.

Secondly, it's inconceivable that the Flash would walk on this club where he has such an investment of his own in terms of his heritage and his people. Remember the Aaron Davey Scholarship which was instituted at his own suggestion? I think that all would be far too important for someone like Aaron to walk away from and to suggest otherwise would be an insult to what he has been doing at the club.

Finally, I commend the club on the way it handled the Brock McLean situation. I'm sure Brock will be a good servant of the Carlton Football Club and will fit in nicely in that environment while Melbourne received exactly what it wanted. In today's trade and draft climate it's not easy to snare an extra first round draft pick. At this point in time, the club has now done that twice in three years. Nobody else has done that even once.

Let's have a little less hysteria and some more thought and understanding at this time of year!

Great post, Oracle. Agree, on all accounts.

Aaron Davey is a very good player - nearly as good as Leon Davis - we wouldn't want to lose him.

He's a far better player than Davis. Davis gets touches when his team is running all over a weaker opposition. A front runner some would call him. This year, we saw that Aaron was able to generate play single handedly and have seen it numerous times. Flash may not be a big game player, but Davis has one of the worst finals records of all time. But I suppose that's a prereque for playing in a Pies jumper.;) Furthermore, if Davis was at any other club besides Carlton or Collingwood he wouldn't be half as overrated as he is.