Ins and outs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

As funny and silly as that sounds, that must be the only reason Garland is still in the team. If not the photo, then I'm extremely puzzled.

Perhaps he is being COMPETITIVE!!!!?

And furthermore, DB is may be using him as an example to those who THINK they should be getting a game or have been dropped because they are NOT competitive.

I am not too fussed about who is getting a game........not until round 7 anyway. ;)

GO DEES - Rain on the [censored] parade.

List openings come with retirements and we have a few on the way...

Mid-season retirements are rare, but perhaps someone'll be told the show's over after this 'round 6 line in the sand' thing DB and CC have going. *shrug

Bucks better not get dropped in my mind, he has been on of a few that has tryed to take the game on, sure he has made some mistakes but hell its not all his fault. He needs as much game time as possible and he will become our speedy midfield superstar we have all wanted for so long.

As I said, his courage to take on the game has been good. That's not why I think he should - make that has - been dropped.

Buckley out.

I give up.

Are we playing youth or not? Surely he's one to persist with, he's actually shown something...

I agree that he's shown something, and unlike many on here, I'm not worred about his missed targets atm.

What has been disappointing is his work-rate defensively. I watched him pretty closely in 2 of the 4 games I've seen the Dees play - vs North at Casey Fields and vs the WB - and his chasing and workrate when we don't have the ball has been very ordinary.

PS. If Davey misses, who comes in? Looking at the balance, not Frawley.

I cannot believe Garland is in the team after last week. The only explanation is that we are already tanking but that is ridiculous. What is the point of playing someone who so out of his depth? I'm not big on bagging our players but I have never seen a fringe player play such an atrocious game and get picked again the following week. Garland isn't even our best youngster in his position (frawley). Just staggering. I'd be very interested to know how they justify this, as well as dropping Moloney and Buckley (who I can kind of understand but certainly don't support his omission). I simply don't understand what the coaching staff are trying to do. Incredibly frustrating.

I cannot believe Garland is in the team after last week. The only explanation is that we are already tanking but that is ridiculous. What is the point of playing someone who so out of his depth? I'm not big on bagging our players but I have never seen a fringe player play such an atrocious game and get picked again the following week. Garland isn't even our best youngster in his position (frawley). Just staggering. I'd be very interested to know how they justify this, as well as dropping Moloney and Buckley (who I can kind of understand but certainly don't support his omission). I simply don't understand what the coaching staff are trying to do. Incredibly frustrating.

I couldnt have put it better myself.

Buckley has one !% and five tackles in two games. He's only got 35 possessions and 9 of those are errors. It's got nothing to do with giving kids a go, he's got stuff he needs to work on and the selection committee want him to work on them at Sandy. I don't have a problem with that. He's ostensibly been replaced by CJ (very similar players IMO).

I'm awaiting the brightsiders spin on our team selection. We're trying to play a run and carry game, so we bring in a key position backman in Rivers (which is natural), in place of a small running player. Go figure! Then to confuse the Cats, we name a forward line that includes P.Johnson, Miller, Robertson and Neitz. I'm sure the Cats are going to make a late change to nullify our big forwards. :rolleyes:

There will be a late change for Melbourne. Davey out, Frawley in, just to further f#ck with our minds!

[censored] changes.

A bench with a first gamer off the rookie list, a talented young player with only 2 games under his belt, Garland the flailing [censored], and Chris 'he was playing today?' Johnson...against Geelong. Inspires no confidence.

Buckley is currently abit of a turnover king, but he is one of the few in the team with pace who is actually suited to Baileys run and handball gameplan. To drop him was abit silly.

What must Moloney do to get a game? Spends 2 years getting over injury, Rnd 1 i thought he was our best player, gets dropped and still cant crack the team? I'd ask for a trade. Your talents are being wasted Brent :(

Hope one of Buckley or Moloney come in for Davey, surely isnt fit to take on the Cats who will run him off his feet and smash the [censored] out of that tiny frame of his. If he plays, he will get injured and be out for even longer! 1-2 sounded like a great result. I was expecting 10. Leave him out for this week.

Was thinking about putting money down on us with those $34 odds, now i wont bother. Thank god Rivers is back. He'll be the difference between another 100 point smashing and a 75 point smashing <_<

P.S ive been drinking, so excuse harsh negativity lol :ph34r:

You would think the next few games could be CJ's last chance to impress as an AFL footballer

Hope he proves to us all that he can play well in the big time

Yeah I agree, this is all or nothing for the kid. I've defended him since he was drafted but even I will lose my patience with him if he fails now.

Buckley will come in for Davey.

Moloney is cracking onto DB's missus or something like that, how he got dropped was beyond me and why he is not back in is even further beyond me, unless DB has told him, you rock, we will keep you out until R7 to find out who sucks.

There'll be a late change, Davey out and Buckley in. Bailey just trying to keep Cats guessing, whatever good that will do.

That's what I think - DB's said he doesn't want to play players who aren't 100% fit. I don't think Davey is going to be fully right for the match, but they're probably giving him as much time as possible. I hope its Moloney who gets in - I remember a couple of years ago when he got real aggressive against Geelong (possibly got reported for charging in that game) - I still think he was our best against Hawthorn

Interesting.

I can't see Davey playing tomorrow. Did Moloney play for Sandy?

Moloney was not playing for Sandy, and Newton was there watching.

Saw Kelly McDonnell, and Chris C watching the game.

Messan was injured, and Buckley was also playing.

Well Newton clearly won't play tomorrow since he isn't listed as an emergency. Is he injured?

Did Frawley play?

Well Newton clearly won't play tomorrow since he isn't listed as an emergency. Is he injured?

Did Frawley play?

Frawley played, but did not star. Still needs more improvement.

Even though our 'official' and ever- reliable injury list has a grand total of 2 players on it, there are a fair few players who are clearly out injured, but who we haven't heard anything about. They are:

Petterd- dropped or injured? why is he not playing for Sandy?

Moloney- leg injury?

Newton- didn't play for Sandy today. Why?

Bate- how severe is the hammy? Read on Demonology that he didn't play today despite being listed in the team

Does anyone have any reliable information on any of these players?

Buckley has one !% and five tackles in two games. He's only got 35 possessions and 9 of those are errors. It's got nothing to do with giving kids a go, he's got stuff he needs to work on and the selection committee want him to work on them at Sandy. I don't have a problem with that. He's ostensibly been replaced by CJ (very similar players IMO).

Graz, you must've missed the memo that said this thread was for mindless hysteria only when discussing the Buckley omission.

Good post. Agree 100%.