2008 Fixture

Demons 32

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that all our interstate games are on Fox. I hate watching Melbourne games at the pub, all everyone talking, the sound never up, people randomly changing the channel - can anyone recommend somewhere good in city?

i am a bit dissapointed with the sunday games - i work sundays part time, but no doubt i will work something out, hopefulyl get to all the homes games. fox doesnt bother me because i have foxtel at home bit i can understand peoples frustrations...

i highly doubt those channel allocations are accurate however given that they chose the channels about 7 weeks in advance, not for the whole season...i really cant see why they cant make a decision closer (ie a month) but im sure its all too hard for them...

i am a bit dissapointed with the sunday games - i work sundays part time, but no doubt i will work something out, hopefulyl get to all the homes games. fox doesnt bother me because i have foxtel at home bit i can understand peoples frustrations...

i highly doubt those channel allocations are accurate however given that they chose the channels about 7 weeks in advance, not for the whole season...i really cant see why they cant make a decision closer (ie a month) but im sure its all too hard for them...

Different strokes for different folks; I play tennis on Saturdays, so I have to miss tennis when the Dees are playing on a Saturday afternoon in Melbourne. I love Sunday games.

Different strokes for different folks; I play tennis on Saturdays, so I have to miss tennis when the Dees are playing on a Saturday afternoon in Melbourne. I love Sunday games.

exactly right...

for me saturday games are always the perfect situation - footy was meant to be on a saturday as far as im concerned, and saturday arvo at the g is the best time for it. but i do play rugby, and its easier to swing work around (sunday morning, or a weekday shift) than it is to move a rugby match!

I am not 100% sure, but last time when we played Adelaide h ere and then Brissie later in the year, we got both included so here's hoping that will happen again. Mind you, I bought a ticket at the Gabba last time as the seats allocated are total crap and we got a spot on the wing and undercover. It was great.

Myself and a few mates went upto the Gabba last year, and got the club allocated seats, and I agree they're terrible, behind the goals quite a lot of rows back, who wants to travel all that way to have a lousy view? Cant the club get better seats?

can't see the club doing well financially out of the draw.

Round 12

Friday, Jun 13

Essendon vs. West Coast Telstra Dome (SEVEN) 7:40 pm

Saturday, Jun 14

Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions MCG (TEN) 2:10 pm

Fremantle vs. Kangaroos Subiaco (FOX) 2:10 pm

Sydney vs. St. Kilda SCG (FOX) 7:10 pm

Adelaide vs. Hawthorn AAMI Stadium (TEN) 7:10 pm

Sunday, Jun 15

Geelong vs. Port Adelaide Skilled Stadium (FOX) 1:10 pm

Collingwood vs. Carlton MCG (SEVEN) 2:10 pm

Richmond vs. Melbourne Telstra Dome (FOX) 4:40 pm

Can someone explain the logic of this round to me. Surely the AFL could see the logic in moving the "blockbuster" Dogs v Lions match to the Dome which is empty on Saturday or Sunday and then having either the Pies v Blues or Tigers V Dees played at the G on Saturday with the other on Sunday at the G ensuring a maximum crowd for all three matches. Is that not in the best interests of the game to maximise attendances. The Dogs home ground is the Dome anyway. Please explain.

Who's going down to Skilled with me in round 3.

$50 a seat...

DISCLAIMER - Doesn't include the four points :unsure:

I'll be there, i love going to KP. (although the lack of wins makes it a sad train ride home!)

Round 12

Friday, Jun 13

Essendon vs. West Coast Telstra Dome (SEVEN) 7:40 pm

Saturday, Jun 14

Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions MCG (TEN) 2:10 pm

Fremantle vs. Kangaroos Subiaco (FOX) 2:10 pm

Sydney vs. St. Kilda SCG (FOX) 7:10 pm

Adelaide vs. Hawthorn AAMI Stadium (TEN) 7:10 pm

Sunday, Jun 15

Geelong vs. Port Adelaide Skilled Stadium (FOX) 1:10 pm

Collingwood vs. Carlton MCG (SEVEN) 2:10 pm

Richmond vs. Melbourne Telstra Dome (FOX) 4:40 pm

Can someone explain the logic of this round to me. Surely the AFL could see the logic in moving the "blockbuster" Dogs v Lions match to the Dome which is empty on Saturday or Sunday and then having either the Pies v Blues or Tigers V Dees played at the G on Saturday with the other on Sunday at the G ensuring a maximum crowd for all three matches. Is that not in the best interests of the game to maximise attendances. The Dogs home ground is the Dome anyway. Please explain.

It is because both us and collingwood play on Monday the week before so to play on sat would be a 5 day break.

Who's going down to Skilled with me in round 3.

$50 a seat...

DISCLAIMER - Doesn't include the four points :unsure:

$50 to be in Geelong?

They should pay me $50 for coming to that hole of a place (apologies to anyone who lives there)!

Myself and a few mates went upto the Gabba last year, and got the club allocated seats, and I agree they're terrible, behind the goals quite a lot of rows back, who wants to travel all that way to have a lousy view? Cant the club get better seats?

Believe me I have asked for the last ten years and gotten nowhere. Thts all that Brissie gave us and we were the home team!!!!!

Now we are visitors we prob will get the car park!!!!!

We booked on ticketek and got seats on the wing and they cost around $ 30 but you could see, you werent with drunks and we felt right in the action. Will do that again.

There are some positives and some negatives -

1. We play 15 Sunday games, 5 Saturday games, 1 Friday and 1 Monday game,

2. We play 12 MCG, 1 Skilled, 1 Gold Coast, 1 Gabba, 2 AAMI, 3 TD, 1 Manuka Oval, 1 Subiaco,

3. We have 10 games televised on free to air ... 7 on channel 7 ... HERE ME SCREAM! AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Guest Bunsen

What crap, I move to Sydney a couple of months bk, have been looking forward to hitting up the SCG for one of the few games Ill see, but it's in friggin Manuka.. Boooo!

Believe me I have asked for the last ten years and gotten nowhere. Thts all that Brissie gave us and we were the home team!!!!!

Now we are visitors we prob will get the car park!!!!!

We booked on ticketek and got seats on the wing and they cost around $ 30 but you could see, you werent with drunks and we felt right in the action. Will do that again.

My friend as lions member, so usually they sneak us up to the members stand, good view up there, excellent number of lions fans

i agree 100%. richmond doesnt want to play home games at the dome. WB want to play home games at the dome. it suits everyone to switch it around. i think that afl just like the power...

Comment from MFC from afl.com.au:

CEO Steve Harris:

“We're quite happy with the competitive aspects of the 2008 fixture. Commercially, it has some pluses, but quite a few minuses.

“We are pleased to have the AFL recognise our arguments and deliver 10 home games at the MCG - the most since 2003 - and no home games at Telstra Dome. And for the first time in a long time, we don't have anything less than six-day breaks.

"It is again disappointing that Melbourne and Richmond - co-tenants of the MCG and in 2008 celebrating 150th and 100th birthday milestones respectively - have their first match at the Telstra Dome, and don't meet at the MCG until the last day of the season. It is also disappointing not to have a home game against Essendon, as we feel all Victorian clubs need to develop strong and regular rivalry matches to maximise appeal for fans and broadcasters alike.

“Our Queen's Birthday clash with Collingwood will have a special attraction in our 150th year, and will be a real highlight, but every true Melbourne supporter should also embrace the clashes against our other local rivals, especially Carlton, Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong.”

You know what we got what we deserved, I'm rapted with 10 home games at the MCG plus Hawthorn in round 1 that members should get in as a trade off for our sold game. Last year we had a good draw for TV and we stuffed it, just means we all have to get down to the footy and watch it live especially our home games. When we can average 45,000 people for home games then we will start to get the draw we want.

I assume our Friday night game against Geelong is our actual 150th year game, hopefully we are 14 wins by then and we get 85,000 at the game.