Kozzy Homesick & Wants to Leave?

4 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Kozzy can be part of the Reid trade in the next few years

I am pretty much telling West Coast it's Reid or nothing. And I am telling Freo it's Sarong or Young or nothing.

The fact remains that Koz was very keen to leave before, but ended up recommitting. This is nothing new, and if we could work it out before with him while he was OOC, I can't see how we can't work it out with him now that he is contracted. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

See out your contract, but hey let's get some ducks in a row to bring Harley Reid home that wouldn't be the worst outcome.  We have some cards to play in that deal...but cmon he doesn't sound like he actually wants to leave he is just homesick...let's hope!

Seriously though, bring Harley Reid home ffs get him in with a young ruckman and hell we're well on the way to a good young rebuild...let's get all new coaching staff while we're at it!

This whole homesickness saga, not only for Kozzy, really is something I can't understand as a foreigner.

I have followed sports for many years and usually players chase money or glory. They never seem to care where they play. Most of the time they move overseas, for example from Buenos Aires to London.

For the sake of example, in European soccer, I have heard that Manchester is an ugly place to live (weather and city). However both ManU and ManC are some of the clubs that most players would love to play for. And they compete with other major European cities that could be more attractive to live (Barcelona, Paris, Rome, Milan, Munich, London).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Big Col said:

The club's decision to put players on long-term contracts has been vindicated this week. 

The way we are going, maybe we should be like other leagues and just get players on loan and not have anyone actuallly contracted to us!

20 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

Add our Pick 5 and it gets done

Reid for Pickett and Pick 5

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if this was remotely feasible aren't draftees tied to their club for 3 years now or can they be traded upon mutual agreement? Love Kossie but if the latter is accurate I'd be doing it in a heartbeat!

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

ANB and Kosi did not re-sign this year. Nor has Trac. 
Are you saying that JVR, Langdon and Disco who all re-signed this year told the club they want to leave?

I am totally agreeing with you on the last part of your post. We absolutely need a review of every position, and I have no doubt that Goody will come under review, as he should. But IMO there are people sitting above him who are a far bigger problem than he is. The overall sense I got is that the players really like and respect Goodwin.

I think they do (Although while Trac likes him, I don't think the respect is there anymore) but the reality is, look at the shambles the football side of our club is at right now and that's the responsibility of Goodwin and Richardson. Whether players like them or not, that has to come under some sort of scrutiny 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deez21 said:

I think they do (Although while Trac likes him, I don't think the respect is there anymore) but the reality is, look at the shambles the football side of our club is at right now and that's the responsibility of Goodwin and Richardson. Whether players like them or not, that has to come under some sort of scrutiny 

I totally agree, scrutiny should be on everyone right now. The board, the CEO, the footy department, the playing group AND Trac and his management. Everyone is part of the problem if they are not trying to be part of the solution. 

• Like 1

Once people have lost the supporter base, it will be hard for them to stay in the club. Doesn't matter if you are a player, coach or president.

I think the vox populi is clear, most want change at the top and Petracca would need to fix many things if he were to stay.

2 hours ago, DemonWA said:

Most members are in the same boat as me I'd suspect. 

Both players are from other states. Both players with young children. Clearly you're implying Nibblers situation has layers of challenges that perhaps Kozzys might not. If that's the case I think the club should make that clearer because at the moment I feel like we have set a president that we'll let players walk from contracts. Completely opposite to the hard line Stance we've taken with Petty and Tommo in recent years

The "layers of challenges" were touched on by Mark Fine on SEN during his show after the game on Friday night.

Basically he was joining the pile on re Melbournes "culture", saying amongst other things that "ANB wants out".

That instantly had someone texting in to say that ANB had a young baby and he and his partner wanted to be home closer to family, and that him leaving had nothing to do with the MFC "cultural issues".

Fine fired back saying that was [censored], it has everything to do with the MFC because other players have young babies too and they dont go home, so obiously something is rotten at Melbourne to make ANB want to leave... etc etc

That lead to him being bombarded by other people more in the know than the person who mentioned the baby, outlining to Fine what the other "layers" were.

Fine didn't disclose them and nor should he, but after coming back from a break he backed right away from the "ANB wants out" statement and actually apologised to ANB, his family and MFC supporters for the suggestion, acknowledging that he got it wrong.

Edited by JTR
  • Like 5

51 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

Add our Pick 5 and it gets done

Reid for Pickett and Pick 5

What makes you think Reid wants to come here? thats unders for a player like Reid, West Coast and their fans would laugh at that offer. Reid imo if he did leave (and leaving a wealthy WA club) would demand a few firsts. Clubs like Pies or Cats would be probably be the teams he would go too.

• Like 1

Not just Melbourne players, but I wonder how many players across the AFL just say "they're homesick" just to keep the peace, rather than rag their clubs? I'd imagine there would be a fair amount.

Edited by SFebes
  • Like 2