Caleb Windsor Could Miss the Rest of 2024

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

Hunter only played limited minutes last week, so I doubt they bring him in 

On 199 games and we play his old side this week.

Think he might play.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 2

What a disappointing end for Caleb Windsor he has been a bit of a bright shiney light for us all year and timing was terrible. Hope you have a quick and complete recovery Caleb.!!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sydee said:

If Caleb is out I assume Hunter gets another chance 

Not sure that would have happened if Windsor and Langdon remained available 

Has a lot to prove imho 

You want to swap in an ageing British bulldog for a greyhound.  Good luck with that.

Haven't watched Casey vs Giants yet but prior to that i've seen nothing that would suggest Hunter's performing at a decent VFL level or higher that would warrant a call up.

• Like 3

Been a shining light in a rocky year, the player I'm most excited about going forward. 

Put him on ice, forget round 24. He's been enormous for us. 

Give Windsor and Kolt a pre-season under Trac's wing and they'll have a big say in what our season could look like next year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Surely Hunter is done. If Goody picks him his selection integrity will be questioned forever.

Think this is a bit of a blessing for Caleb, can hit preseason fresh and really hit 2025 hard.

He’s been immense this year, we haven’t seen that kind of excitement and youthfulness for a few years. Very refreshing

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Put him on ice.

Thanks for giving us some real highlights this year CW.

I reckon he'll tear the pre season apart and we'll see him go up a level next year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There goes the Rising Star trophy. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, BW511 said:

Surely Hunter is done. If Goody picks him his selection integrity will be questioned forever.

Think this is a bit of a blessing for Caleb, can hit preseason fresh and really hit 2025 hard.

He’s been immense this year, we haven’t seen that kind of excitement and youthfulness for a few years. Very refreshing

Yeah, surely there's no way on form from last weekend's VFL game one could argue for Hunter's elevation over others like Sparrow, or even Howes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Yeah, surely there's no way on form from last weekend's VFL game one could argue for Hunter's elevation over others like Sparrow, or even Howes.

I would be interested seeing how Howes goes on the wing as a replacement. Billings is there atm if it isn't working.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Clearly the club is putting the cue in the rack for the season. If we were in genuine contention for finals then he'd be playing.

Time to get more minutes into Brown, Fullerton etc

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, praha said:

Clearly the club is putting the cue in the rack for the season. If we were in genuine contention for finals then he'd be playing.

Ummm no he wouldn’t. He has a serious injury and he’s lucky to have avoided surgery. Most players miss weeks if not months with this type of injury. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

On 199 games and we play his old side this week.

Think he might play.

Not on what I saw last week!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Ummm no he wouldn’t. He has a serious injury and he’s lucky to have avoided surgery. Most players miss weeks if not months with this type of injury. 

Excuse you. I'd much rather my unsubstantiated opinion be unchallenged.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, BW511 said:

I’m far from a Hunter fan but selection integrity in picking anyone over Billings, Sparrow (especially on the wing where he’s poor) or experimenting with half backs or half forwards on the wing doesn’t really bother me.

Id go Woey but I don’t say that with any confidence. If Hunter genuinely has been working hard to overcome nagging calf injuries and is covering the ground at an acceptable rate he’ll probably get picked.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, BW511 said:

Hunter has played some good games for us since coming across from the Doggies. Has had a pretty rough run with soft tissue injuries but if he's fit would be a good week to play his 200'th against his old side. He may have more to give if our physios can get his body right and if not will be remembered for bringing tunnel ball to our game style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BW511 said:

So what’s new? 🙄 

Not a week goes by without his selection integrity being questioned.  Whether or not Hunter is selected makes no difference. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

I am a traditionalist who likes the history of the game so I hope Hunter gets a run sometime to get to 200 games.  Not this game though. Howes to come in.

(I have a regret that we left Steven Icke stranded on 198 games).

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

More incredible drafting from Jason Taylor. One of only three 2023 draftees to have played every game so far. The best debut season i've seen for an MFC player since Clayton Oliver.

The first season is tough for first years. They're young and come to the club a month after preseason training has started. Despite this he seems to have amazing fitness, averaging 82% TOG in his last seven games.

It's a shame, but if he takes the rest of the season to get the foot right and freshen up, He'll ideally be in perfect nick to start day 1 of the 2025 preseason. Imagine if he could get up to 85-90% TOG in season 2, him alongside Langdon gives us incredible weapons on the wings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

There goes the Rising Star trophy. 

If i had to choose between Rising Star and Club Best and Fairest, taking out the money i know which one i would value more. You are right as well.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, praha said:

I see this as the club becoming far more professional.  Looking after player interests as well as looking to 2025 .

i also see giving Hunter his 200th against the dogs as the same. Player interest.   It’s a whole package. But yes get games into the younger blokes , gee even Laurie might come good.  The FD think there is something there.   But others  time to look elsewhere I think. 
and we need to draft for the future with the best aggressive and skilled players. No matter the position.

as long as we beat the filth in the last game.   Hope for the best Plan for the future.  Go Dee’s 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would like to see Bowey on a wing if Windsor is out.  He seems to have lost a bit of confidence since doing his shoulder maybe get him running up and back on a wing.  Has footy smarts, is generally a good kick, no idea about his running capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1