PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

Posted (edited)

Was hoping for Ess to smash pies tonight but their defence is as sharp as a cheap suit. 

Edit: whoops - didn’t realise I was in the wrong lane. Soz. 

Edited by DiscoStu17
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DiscoStu17 said:

Was hoping for Ess to smash pies tonight but their defence is as sharp as a cheap suit. 

happy episode 8 GIF

• Haha 3

Personally I was expecting Jake to play a couple of games at Casey but I am not concerned that he will be playing on the G on Sunday, Goody did say that Jake had 6-7 weeks under match loading which is much more than all other players coming back from injury. As for our team I agree with a number of posters that we are going in a tall short.!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hard to see Fullarton getting a game this season, seemed the ideal opportunity to give him a go.

Edited by Jibroni
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Personally I was expecting Jake to play a couple of games at Casey but I am not concerned that he will be playing on the G on Sunday, Goody did say that Jake had 6-7 weeks under match loading which is much more than all other players coming back from injury. As for our team I agree with a number of posters that we are going in a tall short.!!

I prefer to think of it as we just have short talls. 

• Haha 3
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Phew! I thought you were gonna say “but I was wrong.” That would make it three posters in 24 hours and my poor brain would surely explode. 😵‍💫

• Clap 1

Ok I was wrong. Lol.!!!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Hard to see Fullarton getting a game this season, seemed the ideal opportunity to give him a go.

Probably best he plays a good game or 2 at Casey first

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Tomlinson will definitely leave at the end of this year. He constantly gets shafted in our selections.  Clubs wanting a big tall defender (like the Kangas and Tigers) will chase and offer him a contract in my opinion.  

and?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

tomlinson is a soon-to-be-31 year old afl journeyman

he's the epitome of 'good ordinary'

too good for vfl, not good enough for afl

But harsh, he has played 182 AFL games.

On 30 players in VFL/AFL history have played more games for the MFC than Tomlinson has played in his career.

Sure he hasn't been a superstar, but I reckon a player like Cam Pederson was a journeyman with 80 games over 8 years. Tomlinson has been a solid AFL player over the journey, it's just that he is behind in the pecking for his position at Melbourne.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

tomlinson is a soon-to-be-31 year old afl journeyman

he's the epitome of 'good ordinary'

too good for vfl, not good enough for afl

2 minutes ago, deanox said:

But harsh, he has played 182 AFL games.

On 30 players in VFL/AFL history have played more games for the MFC than Tomlinson has played in his career.

Sure he hasn't been a superstar, but I reckon a player like Cam Pederson was a journeyman with 80 games over 8 years. Tomlinson has been a solid AFL player over the journey, it's just that he is behind in the pecking for his position at Melbourne.

Surely you need some "good ordinary"players on the list, although of course it would be great to have 30 stars on the list - however there would be a lot of friction were that the case.

Tommo has given us great service and was really very unlucky to have done his ACL in 2021 when he did - could well have been a premiership player.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

This is why I don’t wear shoes. Whoever invented them has a lot to answer for. Why did they make them so difficult to work out which shoe goes on which foot? 

Probably the same fool that invented ties - which I hate with a passion 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

I understand that But JvR has chopped out on occasions

Ess, Freo, GWS, Dogs, Port…

Not an easy run home. Can only afford to drop one of those.

Fact is, if we’re good enough to contend, these are the games Max should be put on ice early

• Like 1

12 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I still feel we’re a bit short without another tall up forward. 

Who goes out if Petty is fit for next week? Does Melksham become the sub and Kolt goes out? Goodwin said last week he wants all 3 talls playing together to foster some cohesion and connection.

One thing to remember is Melksham came into the side last year when Fritsch went out injured. They only played one game together (Sydney) then Melksham did his ACL. It’ll be interesting to see how we go with two midsize forwards.

It will, I absolutely reckon the Dees can run with JVR, Fritta and Melk. That is a dangerous forward line. A little small but still a group that can kick a winning score.

• Like 3

I think Chandler should be sub this week 

Lever May McVee 

Bowey Tmcd Salem 

Langdon Rivers Windsor 

Anb JVR Kolt

Pickett Fritsch Turner 

Gawn Oliver Viney 

Sparrow AMW Woey Melksham 

SUB. Chandler 

1. Please not Woey as Sub.  Give him a chance 

2. Eagles gave us a bath last time.  With virtually their same team yet we’re missing Trac now. 

3. Goody. Memo.  Tell the players NOT to kick it high in the forward line to Barrass and McGovern, really!!! 

4. Man up versus Reid.  I mean MAN UP.  DONT LET A 19 YEAR OLD KID BULLY YOU!!! FFS 

5. a goal in the last quarter … perhaps more.  Perhaps 5 or 6!!! 

JUST WIN IT 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I think Chandler should be sub this week 

Lever May McVee 

Bowey Tmcd Salem 

Langdon Rivers Windsor 

Anb JVR Kolt

Pickett Fritsch Turner 

Gawn Oliver Viney 

Sparrow AMW Woey Melksham 

SUB. Chandler 

1. Please not Woey as Sub.  Give him a chance 

2. Eagles gave us a bath last time.  With virtually their same team yet we’re missing Trac now. 

3. Goody. Memo.  Tell the players NOT to kick it high in the forward line to Barrass and McGovern, really!!! 

4. Man up versus Reid.  I mean MAN UP.  DONT LET A 19 YEAR OLD KID BULLY YOU!!! FFS 

5. a goal in the last quarter … perhaps more.  Perhaps 5 or 6!!! 

JUST WIN IT 

Pretty sure the fact Woey is named on the ground means he won't be sub. My guess is Kolt, and Woey subbed off 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Yeah, what have the Romans ever done for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reid very often goes the Dusty fend off and we should be ready for it.

The grabbing of his wrist and pulling it towards you, is possibly the best thing to do in this case, as it throws him off balance, stops him running away and forces a quick kick if he can manage it or htb or a ball up.

All of which are better than him fending off and running away.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Reid very often goes the Dusty fend off and we should be ready for it.

The grabbing of his wrist and pulling it towards you, is possibly the best thing to do in this case, as it throws him off balance, stops him running away and forces a quick kick if he can manage it or htb or a ball up.

All of which are better than him fending off and running away.

Need to practice the Viney tackle.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, chook fowler said:

At least in AFL you dont need to work out which is left and right in Ties. Well, not until the Tassie team gets up.

• Haha 2

I’m a couple of days behind in my reading (busy laying in sunny Sorrento 🇮🇹). Could someone please tell me, should we win, both best and likely ladder position post the weekend?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, M_9 said:

I’m a couple of days behind in my reading (busy laying in sunny Sorrento 🇮🇹). Could someone please tell me, should we win, both best and likely ladder position post the weekend?

Will get there in two months. Wait for me I will call you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1